First time grower. Just looking for opinions

I like the idea of the quantum boards. I’m not sure what the output is on these, but the seem like a really cool idea to maybe get 3 sets and go around the sides of the tent for some side lighting.
ABelle LED Strip Light Plant Grow Lights 16.4ft 5050 SMD Waterproof Full Spectrum Red Blue 4:1 Growing Lamp for Aquarium Greenhouse Hydroponic Plant Garden Flowers (5 M) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAC7ZOC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nbDaAb5KWPGV0

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of side lighting, but it doesn’t really play into any of the growing methods I use either. The benefit of side lighting is getting light to parts of your plants that are hard to reach from horizontally mounted lights above. The downside is increased cost, power draw, and it can end up in a mess of wiring very quickly.

You can offset the need for it by changing your growing method, or investing that money into more instense overhead lighting with better coverage. The only time I see side lighting as a benefit is growing large plants in small areas. Like if you were going to try and fill a whole 3x3 up with a single plant and had a weak overhead light. Those lights have very little intensity, so it would require them to be pretty much right on plant to make a difference. Would probably be almost useless at more than 8”. And most people don’t grow wall to wall unless it’s something like a scrog. And if you’re doing a scrog, sufficient overhead lighting is plenty as you’re only growing tops.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me! Thanks man!

20171109_181914|281x500

3 Likes

I had some yellow / brown spots come up today. Does this seem like light burn? If not, any ideas?

I think it was just light burn, I didn’t realize bow quick they were growing. They got about 14 inches from My led.

This is where I’m at right now. Had a bit of a calcium problem I believe, well it stopped spreading when I added nutes and cal-mag.

3 Likes

Also, I will be ordering a second 300 watt led For flowering.

2 Likes

Looking great @zachwils95

1 Like

They are looking good, could the spots be that nutrient mix was dropped on the leaves?
Just a thought

1 Like

I wasn’t adding any nutes at the time. and the spots were progressively spreading. I think it was a calcium deficiency because since using cal-mag, no other leaves have been effected.

Got my second LED in today. So now I have 2 300 watt bloomspect lights. I removed the florescent lights, because I don’t think they were doing too much anyway.

2 Likes

I need some help guys. This plant is way ahead of the other 2 that were planted along with it, but over the last two days it has developed do some serious brown spots and has started yellowing pretty badly. Last 2 feedings I gave it 1/3 dose of flower nutes and cal/mag. Could this be a nitrogen deficiency? Thanks guys!

Is the yellowing just on top of the canopy or is it through out the entire plant?
Sorry how far along are they in flower?
And pics under a more natural light source may help
@bob31 @garrigan62 @dbrn32
These guys here have alot more experience with diagnosing deficiencies
Looking for the chart too
It is illustrated and shows what the plant may be telling you. Here it is

1 Like

@Growit @zachwils95

Gotta get a support ticket. We need to get the current up to date information, please be specific on the soils waters, ph and lights

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

Nutrient_Chart2

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
ILGM White Widow Autoflower

How many plants:
3 plants.

Age from Sprout and Flower:
37 days from sprout. one plant started flowering 10 days ago, the others are starting to pre flower now.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:
Fox Farms Ocean forest. in 3 gallon fabric smart pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
On average I have been watering once every 3 days. I water when the pots are light and i have a cheap moisture meter.
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
The only PH tool I have is a 3 in 1 PH/moisture/light meter. and i know these meters are not acurate, but it reads just under 7.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
I have no idea.

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?
Espoma Organic grow (2-2-2) and bloom (1-3-1). as of right now i am feeding the one plant that is in flower 1/3 strength of the bloom. The other 2 are still recieving the grow at 1/3 strength. given with every watering along with Botanicare Cal/Mag plus that has a N-P-K of 2-0-0.

Indoor or Outdoor:
Indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?
2’x4’x60" vivosun tent.

Light system, size and height from plants:
2x 300 watt bloomspect LED 18" from plants

Temps; Day, Night:
Day: 75-80
Night: 70-75
Humidity; Day, Night:
Consistantly around 35%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
350 CFM 4" fan and carbon filter.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
N/A
Co2; Yes, No:
No

The yellowing leaves seem to only be on upper fan leaves on the plant that is in flower. But all plants have started developing brown spots in random areas. all of the plants are growing very quickly.

1 Like

@bob31 @Growit Thanks for all the help guys! After looking at the diagrams you guys posted, looks like I have an n-p-k issue

1 Like

No sweat @zachwils95 happy to see your getting some answers here buddy

1 Like

Just stopping by to show my support. Help is looking good @zachwils95

1 Like