First time grower. Just looking for opinions

Can’t beat $20 if it’s working.

3 Likes

I will definitely keep you guys up to date.

2 Likes

Seeds were waiting for me when i got home from work today. Got 3 in water now. will have them in peat pods in a day or two. going to buy that LED friday. still gotta get my ffof and some pots. Will the fabric pots really make a big difference? if not, in just gonna go with plastic.

1 Like

I was going to go with plastic pots on my first grow also but on the recommendations of some experienced growers, I went with 5gl fabrics. They let more air in and help prevent overwatering. I can also feel the bottom of the pot and tell if the soil is still moist at the bottom. They’re not too pricey and I think it was a wise investment for my grow. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thanks! And yea, amazon has a pack of 3 cheapies for $9.99. guess ill get some ordered.

1 Like

@zachwils95
I’m using ffof also and when I transplanted into the 5 gl pots, I mixed in an 8 qt bag of perlite per bag of soil to further aid in drainage. I also added dolomite lime to help balance the ph. That said, this is my first grow also and everything I’ve done had been on recommendations from the fine folks here. If you’re interested, you can check out my journal. It’s a little wordy but I try to be as detailed as possible.

In Search Of....Tutankhamun!

3 Likes

I definitely will! And im having a having a hard time finding dolomite lime locally. Maybe the gardnening center i found the ffof at will have it. The only thing ive seen is just called gardening lime. Maybe its the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0063ZDTI6/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

This is what I have. I think I got it at the Depot.

1 Like

Thanks! I havent checked there. been to lowes a few times.

So i ran by these at Walmart in the clearance section for $5, figured it wouldn’t hurt to pick them up. Would these be of any use for veg and flowering? They also had a start one, but i assumed since i will be transplanting them to ffof, they would not need the start mix.

I just bought 2 of these so will be trying them. Dont get here till next week, but looking forward to gettting them and trying them out.

1 Like

best of luck! from what i’m reading, they have awesome outputs, but don’t include all spectrum wanted for Flowering, so some supplemental light might not be a bad idea. Im goonna just add those florescence with it and see what happens.

You can get soft pots on Amazon for under 20 for 5 pots search 247 brand :+1:
@zachwils95

Yes, that is why I have the Florescent t5’s for side lights. I also have some regular grow lights to use as side lights. They add the spectrum that might be missed with the led lights.

@Countryboyjvd1971 Thanks! I’ll look into that.

@cyberblast Thats my plan as well, ill have 2 T8’s on either side.

1 Like

Alright guys! Got that light and getting it all ready. Soaked three seeds for 36 hours. one Cracked, the other two did not. I got them put in Peat pellets Early yesterday morning. One has sprouted up, another has just started to push up, and the last hasn’t shown any movement, but i’m sure its coming. i got a bag of FFOF and a bag of perlite and mixed them 80% OF to 20% perlite. just getting it ready for transplant when the time comes.

1 Like

Can anyone give me a little advice on this one? So these seedlings are 3 days old in peat pods and the tap root has already come out the bottom of 2 of them. Should I go ahead and put them I soil? Will the FFOF be too strong for them or will they be Okay? Thanks guys!

I think they would be okay as long as you dont add any nutes to the soil for a couple of weeks and you put them there. But will tap some folks that are far more experienced growers than I am to give you their opinion.
Good luck

@bob31 @Nug-bug @Wishingilivedina420state @oldpro

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 you’ve commented on this on before. I will leave this one to you.

Congrats on the new grow @zachwils95

IMO the ffof is to hot for seedlings

2 Likes