First time Grower- I thought this was gonna be easy

Next grow i’m sticking to a catcus*

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do anything to further disturb the roots for several days.

I’ve been through the grow wringer. Whooo boy, have I! You want to get it fixed ASAP, I know, but if you do too much, you’ll never figure out what actually works & what doesn’t.

You’ve transplanted. Now give your babies time to adjust. Don’t disturb those roots for a bit.

1 Like

Ok so it can all still be related to thst deep breath youll be ok :ok_hand:
They are tuff amd why we call it weed cause its hard to kill
Look atvthis beautiful thing lol i cant kill her she just wont die lol

3 Likes

Hold on, wait…we’re taking advice from the grower of that lovely monster?! Lol! Jk, jk…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty @Countryboyjvd1971 thanks for the advice, i feel like these plants are my kids, never thought i’d spend this much time or research on them… this was suppose to be a fun interesting hobby , now i am looking at them constantly and treating this forum like WEbmd… not sure if i am allowed to put that or not… from yalls previous experience, ideally how long does it take to see a difference in transporting soil/pots? I know there are several factors in play but at what time do you say, yup i killed it?

1 Like

My last grow I threw in the towel at week 2 of bloom. That just about killed me. So much hard work. However, I knew if I kept at it with those struggling girls (soil & ec issues), I’d just get so frustrated, that I’d probably quit trying, altogether.

I calculated $ spent x time spent x stress level & decided to cut my losses. I saved one plant, and she’s doing very well. I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice in culling 5 out of 6 plants, but my new babies & my joy (instead of dread) at opening my tent in the morning tells me I made the right choice.

Lesson learned. Moved on. Applying lesson to current grow. :grin:

9 Likes

She came up all messed up @blackthumbbetty i flush her ppm was 700 ? She hasn’t done a thing in weeks lol i was going to cull her but the members spoke up and told me to keep her going lol

3 Likes

Does anyone have an idea what type of lamp i bought based off the following description and if its to much light or not enough?

“3 ft. Black Bright/Cool Light White Integrated LED Shop Light that outputs 50- Watt florescent and 3200 lumen”

@merlin44 @Countryboyjvd1971 @blackthumbbetty @Oldstoner @raustin @merlin44 @vegetarian @SmoknGranny @FloridaSon @Niala

Put it outside in the freezing cold, that’ll do it!

That poor thing! Put it out of it’s misery!

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/growingmarijuana/optimized/3X/a/6/a609b6708bf1abbe1dbfd2871c3831ad63a28cc5_1_374x500.jpeg

3 Likes

Hahahaha nope @Shatter the people have spoken and i will finish her off lol
All ive been doing is watering her
She came up a mess and hasn’t got better or worse basically has looked that way since she popped
Anyway just sharing her with the members so they can learn :wink:
I have 12 other plants doing just fine brother

2 Likes

not really knowledgable with lights, but from the description it sounds like something good for the early stages of the plant.
others will probably give you a better explanation.

1 Like

Seedlings and clones require about 400-1000 lumens per square foot.

Vegetative growth requires about a minimum of 2,000 to 3,000 lumens per square foot.

Flowering requires about 5,000 to 10,000 lumens per square foot, ideally, and can take possibly much more.

10,000 lumens is supposed to be about the average power of the sun at sea level on a clear day at high noon

those words describe the light spectrum the bulbs emit, the color temperature and that is referred to by the term Kelvin, a scale of numbers with “Bright/Cool” in the 5000K to 6500K range

Vegetative Stage - 5000K / 6500K

Soft White Lights have a lower Kelvin number with more “red” color mixed in…their range, in Kelvin, would be more like 2700K / 3500K

Flowering Stage - 2700K / 3500K

They will all grow marijuana but try and get the right Kelvin for the stage the plant is in…you can mix the bulbs for growing, combine different Kelvin to cover a range of spectrum.

7 Likes

Great post @kabongster!

Kelvin temps for LEC are closest to sunlight and a very efficient use of lumins, a 630 watt setup out performs a 1,000 HPS (personal experience). I do have my eye on LED as the advancements are almost daily and LED offers the most efficient way of transforming electrons to photons .

6 Likes

Thanks guys. Ready to conquer the world now!

5 Likes

@FloridaSon Great seeing you back around here bro! How have you been? Any recent grows under the 1200w cobs? With 2 of them, I have one so far, amnesia haze photo, had 10oz of trimmed bud, lbs of cucumbers :cucumber: peppers :hot_pepper: lettuce peas carrots and all my tomatoes :tomato: too! Haha glad to see your face again

Yeah, it’s been hard getting a good connection. A little better now, but not much.

Nothing under the light. I just sprouted 4 Blueberry autos. Will drop some fem photos in another week.

Good to see you again as well…

2 Likes

Tag me in your journal Id love to see the lights in action! @FloridaSon

I don’t have a journal. Uploads are a nightmare with my connection. I still don’t have a good indoor space, so I recently dropped 4 Blueberry autos outside.

Perhaps I’ll get better service soon and do something for the photos I plan on doing this season.

If I start one, I’ll remember to tag you…

2 Likes

Hey, @Swiss, did we lose you? Don’t let others hijack your thread. Hint hint, y’all. :grinning:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @kabongster @blackthumbbetty @Niala @Oldstoner Hey guys, just been working on my plants have really had a chance to be on the computer this weekend, i setup my new grow room and still trying to figure the kinks out, since last tuesday i transported the plants into the new soil and after five days i started seeing new growth and color, some of the plants were in pretty bad shape so the old leaves are looking bad, I added the FFOF soil and checked it’s PH scale and it’s pretty hot, its not a digital scale so i don’t have a direct reading, but its looking like its around 8ph, I didn’t want to flush anything yet since i just transitioned the plants and didn’t want to add additional stress plus the soil is still moist, so i am thinking either today or tomorrow add some solution to the water to decrease the ph, no idea what my water runoff is. still working on designing a solid grow room, I also added some DE to the top of the soil a few days ago and yellow sticky strips to make sure i’m covering on my potential threats. i am adding some pics from this morning. A Few fairly new leafs are starting to get a little yellow at the end, not sure if that is due to ph being so hot, light burn or beginners luck. Hope everyone enjoying their Monday

morning.

2 Likes