First time Grower- I thought this was gonna be easy

@kabongster @FloridaSon @Niala @Countryboyjvd1971 do any of yall have advice on what the recommended ph should be for my soil for WW fem?

1 Like

In soil ph should be 6.3 - 6.8
I normally water and feed with 6.5 ph @Swiss
And welcome to the forum i think this is the first time we have spoken lol

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 [quote=“Swiss, post:63, topic:17924, full:true”]
Thanks for the respone. My flowers girls are starting to turn yellow pretty hardcore on the leaves, can’t tell if its the ph/nutrients/light burn or what, my start off soil was pretty crappy i am coming to realize and my new soil should be delivered tonight so i’m hopping the soil changes will help everything out.
[/quote]

1 Like

@Swiss do you have a thread or grow journal?
If not you can start one for this topic ?
If younso tag me into it
A picture speaks a thousand words

@Countryboyjvd1971 this is my current thread, first time to ever create one. I took this picture yesterday, when i got home from work and saw they needed water, their going through it pretty fast, my new soil is supposed to arrive today, got delayed due to weather, so i am hopping that makes a big difference. Not sure if this is light burn or lack of nutrients ph being off or what, any advice be greatly app.

1 Like

really like to get yalls advice on what i’m doing wrong minus the soil in the picture above. @kabongster @FloridaSon @Niala

You look way too dry and the soil NEEDS to be changed out.

I understand not having money to get materials, but you would be better off with dirt from your yard than what you have in those starter cups.

There’s not much we can do to help you until you change your growing medium…

1 Like

@FloridaSon i bought my soil org from a local place informing me this was their best, being new to it, had no idea how much it sucked, bought a new bag of soil on amazon …

https://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-Ocean-Forest-Potting-Soil/dp/B007C9QKCO?tag=greenrel-20

but due to weather it hasn’t been able to reach me until today, plan on changing it out tonight.

1 Like

Ah! Didn’t see the post above the image. As soon as the soil gets there, change the soil and water it in.

Make sure to pH your water. Your plants are already in shock. The soil change is going to add more stress. No sense making things even worse by not having the proper water pH.

Be VERY gentle with those roots during the soil replacement. Some breakage is likely, but a little root pruning won’t hurt. You may only have a tap root anyway.

Better to wait than to start early in the wrong direction…

4 Likes

Lol…responding together…

Happy Frog would have been better for seedlings, but you didn’t know that. Just be careful to not over water them and they should be fine.

Happy Frog isn’t as “hot” as Ocean Forest, which just means OF has a higher nutrient value than HF.

Each time you water it activates the nutrients in the soil. Granted, the plant draws nutrients from the soil between watering, but in lower quantity.

It may take a few days to notice improvement with them, so learn to exercise your patience…

5 Likes

Tag me after you transplant them ffof is a great t soil so just water with ph at 6.5 you wont need to feed for 3-4 weeks maybe enen until flower with that soil :wink:
And yes the medium your in currently looks very dry as @FloridaSon mentioned
You have them under a done with lights or just sun light ?

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 and @FloridaSon thanks for all the advice, hopefully my soil arrives today and everything transitution smoothly but i highly doubt it cause nothing has been easy during this whole operation, minus ordering the seeds from ILGM… I wish i would of paid way more attention in science class… i have a water ph tester on it way in the mail as well, but it will not arrive for a couple days, for now i guess i can just buy some gallon jugs in the supermarket… i am currently using a light in closet “3 ft. Black Bright/Cool Light White Integrated LED Shop Light that outputs 50- Watt florescent and 3200 lumen”

thanks again

1 Like

also i have a fan in the room and a heat pad incase i need to raise temperature but they’re sitting around 75-77 degreeF. right now.

1 Like

Sounds good im thinking your issue is ph related fyi so we can work on that when your meter arrives @Swiss
Fyi love the icon haha

2 Likes

My dogs name is Butters. :grin:

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 for transportation the current plant into the larger pots I was gonna fill the larger pots with the ocean forest soil from above get it very damp, then nestling out a hole the size of my current plant and drop it in and covering and surrounding it with the remainder of soil it the new pot, not to cover/berry the stem… is this ideal or will activate to many nuts?

@Countryboyjvd1971 Hey man, i transfer my plants the other night and i think there in shock right now, i didn’t get a chance to snag a picture, but feel the girls where sitting in that crapy soil to long, the plants have yellow and starting to get gray, i really don’t think it’s gnatts opposed to terrible previous soil and light burn but who knows. I have one that is still doing alright. Once i get home it will be roughly around 48 hours since the plants were transferred into the new soil, not sure if i just need to be more patient and see if they bounce back or just start over. I prob will not start over just yet, this process is just way overwhelming. Anyways my SOIL PH and Water ph scale are suppose to arrive today. My question is this- When I transferred the plants into the larger pots i used FFOF potting soil, i kept the soil from the previous pot (thinking it would cause way more damage to remove the soil) digged out a hole and surrounded the good soil with the bad, and soaked it pretty good, to the point it was dripping out of the bottom… I plan to do a soil reading tonight when i get home, if the soil is to high or to low in PH, do i need to flush it out now and reapply or wait till the soil is dry? Like i said earlier i flushed it pretty good with bottle water almost 48 hours ago. Sorry for the novel, just burned out right now.

2 Likes

Any and all advice is always greatly app.

Get a picture when you get home @Swiss
You should be ok with just watering the ffof
Whatvthe ph or water in Buddy
Did you test the run off ?

@Countryboyjvd1971 amazon should be delivering my new tool this evening so i haven’t had a chance to ph anything. Also do you or anyone have a good technique for indoor growing water run off capturing? i hope that makes sense, as of now i just have the plants elevated on some bricks inside a storage container, i know there has to be a lot better techniques., Not grow im sticking to a catcus

2 Likes