First time Grower- I thought this was gonna be easy

@Swiss, Damn bugs! I would just sprinkle some on the surface of the soil. I’ve always spread it and not mixed it. @Laurap, I know what ya mean about an early start with the booze here in Texas. I sometimes have to haul them to the hospital after they tangle with heavy metal or a tree. I wish they would just smoke.

5 Likes

I have tried potatoes, DE and sticky traps and that didn’t seem to do the trick for me. I bought some gnat nix and that seems to work better because it doesn’t turn to clay once it gets watered like the DE does.

4 Likes

@Swiss

And sprinkle the Mosquito bits first in the soil and top soil before putting the DE

3 Likes

I have the same luck with gnat remedies, honestly, it’s my reliable “no luck”…

I let the soil dry out…in fact, when I think they are nice and dry and ready, I wait 1-2 more days to water.
I have sprinkled and sprayed DE and covered all the soil on top, made it look like a winter wonderland.
I have sprayed Neem Oil on the leaves.
I have cut up potato wedges and put them in/on the soil.
I have tried apple cider vinegar in a bowl cause the gnats love that.

and today, after all those remedies and over a month’s time, I saw a gnat this morning.
not a serious problem, at this time, but if you see one…

anyways, next infestation I am going to try the BTi mentioned earlier ( @Niala :wink:) , something else to buy,
something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Valent-SHOMHNK004-Gnatrol-WDG/dp/B003E7BGTU?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

Outta likes as usual :roll_eyes: :wink::innocent:

Great product too, @kabongster, in fact, that’s the one I will use next time even if it’s a bit pricey than the mosquito bits one

2 Likes

I even insist on a desginated driver before they get plastered but normally busy before boats go out to fish.

1 Like

Hey Hey, good to see ya back and active my friend @FloridaSon , how do you do buddy :grinning:

2 Likes

Been better and worse. We ALL know how that goes. :wink:

Fighting data reception as usual since hurricane Matthew.

Dropped 4 Blueberry autos today, so things are looking up. I hope your headaches are doing better.

4 Likes

@FloridaSon are you still In Florida and if so How deal with the High Humidty?

2 Likes

@FloridaSon

It’s stable now but I was hospitalize in november due to too much THC, I did an essay with 30mg/ml THC oil and I try the equivalent of 2 grams in one shot, bad idea… lol :wink: :innocent: Had to stay away for 1 month clear of any cannabis and alcool and my CH came back at they full force, since I was instruct to also be clear of the usual treatement for my headaches…

Anyway, every thing is stable now with a relief of around 40% with new strains that come from my dispensary…

If you start a grow journal, please tag me brother :laughing: :wink: :grinning: :innocent: :v:

Be safe my friend :grinning: :innocent:

3 Likes

Lol…I plan on being in Florida until I die. Pruning is the only thing I can do about our high humidity.

The humidity is only a real issue if you don’t have good airflow. LST and thoughtful pruning is a must if you live in a climate like we have here.

Sativa naturally grow well in a tropical climate, so strain choice can be important as well.

Beyond that advice, pH and nutrients. Give the girls what they need and they can endure a lot of challenges.

5 Likes

:dizzy_face:

Too much THC?!?! That’s one of the reasons I’m hesitant about the concentrates.

I don’t see how you can get too much in a whole plant form. But once you process it and concentrate it, it seems like all kinds of problems can arise.

Many people couldn’t understand how it wasn’t easy to link cancer to smoking weed. Come to find out, marijuana also has a compound that is anti-carcinogenic. Is that part eliminated in the process of refinement? I don’t know.

I prefer whole plant use which is why I don’t like the medicinal law we have here. Buds are still illegal even though the uneducated population here thought that’s what they were voting to be legal.

I’m sorry you had to go through all that. I still think a low dose of mushrooms would be best for your condition, though I understand why you don’t go that route.

I’m not sure if I’ll be doing a journal. I learned last year that I’m just as bad at keeping notes as I was in school. Lol

Plus, my spotty internet connection keeps me frustrated when trying to post and upload images. This is the main reason I’m not here as much as I was before. We come here to alleviate stress, not add to it. :wink:

If I do decide to do one I will make sure to tag you to it…

Here I go again with a good example of my frustration! I’ll keep trying to get this response to load. Three attempts, 20% battery loss and still can’t get a simple response with no images to post. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

@FloridaSon

Lol :sweat_smile: :joy: :wink: :innocent: :v:, I understand your frustration my friend, even with a good connections, I struggle more than I use to to uploading pictures for the last 3 months… I don’t know if it’s my tablet or the site, but man, I get frustrated when it say’s : can’t upload “unsufficent memory” or something like that even if I take the time to be sure my pics are under 1M, I have to try as much as 3 to 4 times before it can upload…:rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :roll_eyes: , better to laught about it :grinning::wink: :innocent: :v:

Yeap, I too think so… Something is lost in the processus of transformation, espacelly when they separate the cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavornoid… Certain of these components act in synergy on cancer cells in some studies, and work better together than separately…

There is some concentrate that have the “whole plants” approach, but for now, are way out of range for the mass since the price are absurdly and astrnomicly high… Anyway, it will be a bad idea too to take 2 grams in one shot, it was a stupid decision that I made or at least not my best idea, lol :wink: :sweat_smile: :laughing: :wink: :innocent:

Man it just struck me how much I miss our conversations, lol :wink: :sweat_smile: :joy: :wink: :v:

Hope that you’ll be able soon to have a more stable connection, I miss you buddy :grinning:

1 Like

Good conversation is one of the things I miss the most here. I don’t socialize very much in my daily life, so I miss being here that much more.

If the conversation isn’t thought provoking, is it worth having?..

5 Likes

I’ve forgotten my manners about hijacking others topics and would like to apologize to the creator of this topic. I don’t remember whose topic this is, but sorry for the clutter.

2 Likes

@FloridaSon, its cool man, i’m new on here so i’m cool with all the traffic.

4 Likes

Thank you for your understanding. Proper etiquette says keep off topic conversation to a minimum. That’s why we have the members lounge. :wink:

I don’t get in there much anymore because of the slow service I have here. I guess I need to check out the lounge again…

3 Likes

What’s LST?

1 Like

@Rick3

LST is short for Low Stress Training.

1 Like

If you search it here and the main site blogs you will find hours worth of information that will provide you with great results.

3 Likes