First time grower! How’s it looking?

@SKORPION @Zee @BobbyDigital @Jstar @HappyHydroGrower @registereduser Appreciate all your help. I don’t recall ever getting any water on the leaves but I’m sure it just happens here and there. I’ll keep an eye out on her and keep you guys posted I’d anything changes. Here’s a terrible picture of the light. It has veg and bloom on I believe.

1 Like

Yeah I have seen similar style lights not sure of the actual draw on them.

1 Like

Anytime, let us know if you have any more questions. Since I’ve been working from home, am like a troll on this forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If the node spacing stays tight, move the light up to 24” to try and induce a little stretch.

2 Likes

Haha I bet. It’s tons of fun.
Just recently bought a soil ph meter. It’s not battery operated.
Measures light, soil moisture and PH
Every watering I PH my water to 6.3. My PH meter is calibrated how it needs to be but when I place my new reader in the soil it reads a 7. Keep in mind it’s all mechanical I assume since it’s not battery operated. Maybe it’s not very accurate and I should buy something better to test my soil. I understand FFOF is PH’d to 6.3. Can’t figure out why this new “soil tester” reads 7ish. Maybe it’s garbage and I should just stick with using it to measure moisture and that’s it. I’m afraid that I’ll nutrient lock. Definitely don’t want all that goin on lol. Any advice would help. I’ll post a picture of the meter later on.

Those meters are useless for ph. Here’s mine. I ripped off the ph probe. It works well for checking moisture at the bottom of the pot until you get the feel of how light the pot should be when it’s dry.

1 Like

Pretty much exactly what I have. BOOOOO!!!

You have a digital ph meter so you can test your soils ph via runoff

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking about doing @BobbyDigital
I Understand that you don’t want to over water or under water. Doesn’t it take a ton of water to get runoff? That’s the only reason why I’ve never tested it that way just yet. Don’t want to screw the ladies up haha. Trying to learn as much as I can

You can still go a few weeks before watering to runoff. I would transition to cloth pots next round (or if you’re planning to transplant) because they make it more difficult to overwater.

I have the same 2 prong ebay ph light and moisture probe and it says 7 close to 8 when in the soil. only thing I really see move is light and moisture. I’ve tried it in different soils and it moves slightly.

Here’s the link to my journal

1 Like

Checking in. Tested my runoff PH anddddddddddd came out to be 6.4👍🏼

1 Like

Yup. I have the same exact one. I’ll never rely on it for PH. Mainly moisture and then I’ll check the weight to train myself so I won’t have to use it anymore @Loveweed

Those are not able to be calibrated right? Be cautious of them, because being a full point high or low is a big deal. If you know someone or a grow shop that has a quality pen check it against them.

1 Like

Your at the right place here’s things you are gonna need in the future
1 a better light that will work for now but do not expect to pull any weight with it

2 a apera ph60 ph meter and the calibration solutions to go with and check it every 2 weeks this meter has replaceable ph probes and they work well and are cheap

3 ffof soil you will be ok till flower then if using ff nutrients cut the feeding in half other wise nute burn is going to be a issue and if all ffof soil do the flushs as they recommend i had some expensive lessons
I use promix now

These are suggestions if you just want 1 or 2 plants you might be ok but depending on how big a canopy you are going for but hopefully this helps you

2 Likes

Anyone know what the rule for posting in a topic is. I don’t want to take over a topic. But would like to post a pic to get help without annoying anybody. I really need advice on what my plants deficiency is. I’ve looked at pics and it could be a number of things. I’ve a dark green and light green plant. And all I can do is laugh at them. Sorry @Budsbud1if im not supposed to.

You’re fine. Drop a picture. We all need help!!! @Loveweed

So I went ahead and checked on the ladies today…only saying ladies because I hope they’re going to be female​:joy::joy::joy:anyways I posted a pic before saying I was having a slight problem on a couple leaves and we narrowed it down to water spots and light magnifying. I made sure my next couple waterings that wouldn’t happened and watered around the edge of the soil.

What do y’all think this could be? @SKORPION @BobbyDigital @HappyHydroGrower
@registereduser
There’s new spots!

I have similar spots on one my girls the AK, with a little input, we labeled it as calcium overload. However I blamed it on the strain being sensitive, as my other girls didn’t have the issue.

However with yours, I think it’s going to be a pH issue. My first grow, so I don’t know much. How is the air flow in your tent?

1 Like