First time grower! How’s it looking?

Hey everybody. Hope all is well!
First time grower here. Wondering what you guys think about my plants?
Seeds were germinated and planted 5/2/2020
It is now 5/19
I am using a 1000w bloomspect and just recently lowered it as one of my seedlings were stretching. Light is about 18” away and running 18/6 Plus a small fan blowing against the plants.
I am also using FFOF and everything is set up in a 2x2x4 tent. At first I had a small 2ft t5 light and ended up getting the bloomspect shortly after. I feel like everything is kicking off very slowly. At first I didn’t ph my water but that was only for about 3-4 days. Since then I’ve been watering with a 6.3ph.

1 Like

Forgot to mention. The larger one is bag seed and the smaller one is a blueberry auto

Look healthy to me!

1 Like

Did the auto break ground at the same time as the bag seed? Huge difference in growth, and to be frank the auto doesn’t look like it has new growth. Am no expert, but something is off with the auto. The water/wetness around the root, tells me it’s roots aren’t stretching.

Lots of experience here to help. Wish I could add more, good luck!

1 Like

Since this is my first post I forgot to mention a lot of things. I apologize lol.
The auto was not planted at the same time. It was planted on the 15th so they’re 13 days apart @Zee

Welcome to the forum , looks like a good start to me.

2 Likes

Here I have a little bag seed

• Method: FFOF soil
  • Vessels: Pots
  • PH of Water, 6.3
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient. N/A
  • Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
  • Light system: bloomspect 1000w
  • Temps; Day 82 night 73
  • Humidity; Day, Night 53%
  • Ventilation system; no Ventilation system yet
  • I have a GE dehumidifier
  • Co2; Yes, No: no co2

Made a late post last night so I figured I’d make a new one. My plant is 18 days old. Seems to be growing good so far although I feel the stock is a bit thin but I could be wrong. How’s everything looking? Was wondering when I should consider adding nutrients if needed and how long I should wait to Top the first time. Hope all is well. Excited to watch this thing grow day by day. Decided to pull my grow out of the tent just for pictures.

1 Like

Ocean is a hot soil, so you shouldn’t need nutes until 4-5 weeks of growth from breaking soil. I can see you got a bit of stretch how high is your light from the plants top? And I fan breeze will strengthen the stalk.

2 Likes

FYI I moved your new thread to the old one. Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject. If you want attention use the @ sign and tag folks in.

Thank you

Sorry about that. Still learning everything @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

I believe the stretch is from the first week of growth. I was waiting on my bloomspect to come in and for the first week I only had a single t5 bulb over it. Once the bloomspect came in I had it about 20” away and just recently moved it down to 18” should I move the light even closer? Doesn’t let off much heat at all. The light also has a bloom option which is a very light purple almost pink and also has a red IR light. Not too sure what I’d use it for @SKORPION

No problem: that’s why they pay me the big bucks haha.

2 Likes

That sounds right other than that looks good.

I’d leave it at 18” for now and also turn on the bloom switch. That light is actually only 180w (the fans in the light are also using up some of that 180w) so you want everything she has. It’s good that she stretched a bit in the beginning so that her lower leaves are a good amount away from the soil. You still have a good 5-8 weeks left (depending on how much she eats) in that soil before nutes will be needed. So just ph’d water for now. I moved this to “journals” so you can keep updating here throughout the grow. Off to a good start!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it!!

Gonna tag along if you don’t mind as i have almost the exact same set up as you. Both my plants are bag seeds and planted same day as yours… i’m a newbie and made the mistake of starting them in MG. I switched them to FFOF after getting advice here a few days ago. Still waiting for my tent to arrive (2X2X4) and i have a different light but very similar. Once i figure out how to post a link to my journal i have started ill do so in case you would like to compare growth… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good morning everybody.
@BobbyDigital yesterday I switched the light from “veg” to “bloom” and possibly think it gave me a little light burn so I moved the bloomspect a little higher. The bloom mode puts out more heat. Or maybe it’s a little magnesium deficiency i don’t know lol
What do y’all think?

For the thin stalk you should have a fan creating a gentle breeze, that will make the plant stronger and fatten that stem up.

2 Likes

Looks like it may have had water droplets on it that got burned in. You said you switched to bloom; you didn’t turn off the veg, right?

1 Like

I may be wrong, but I think what your seeing on the leaves may be where water got on the leaf. Try not to splash the leaves if possible.

I think @Bobbydigitalsaid to run both lights. Running just the bloom light probably won’t provide the best grow for your plant. Plants at an early stage need the veg light for the color spectrum. I would at least run both Veg and bloom lights if you feel you have to do that.

Looking great! Keep it growing!

1 Like