First time grower. Help and tip request

I have an auto flower zkittles that is on week 7 and has no signs of flower, is this normal?

@Getfocsd Good question. Got pics? Could be late bloomer is all. I don’t think that falls too far outside the “normal” range.

I wish my girl went that long in veg! She’d be more than double what she is.

1 Like

Another question, so I checked the ph in my run off yesterday for the first time and noticed it came out at 5.4. I always check ph going in and it was at 6.2 for sure. Its this ok or should I raise my PH a bit so it comes out a lil higher?

Go in at 6.7 for a couple drinks and see where she ends up.

1 Like

Looking good

Right, so my plant is doing fine but i have a question about watering when away.

currently, I am watering 2.5 liters of feed every ~36hours or so with ~15% runoff. What is the suggested route to go if i were to leave for 3-7 days (apart from getting somebody to do it for you)?

I’ve been wondering the same thing and was thinking about a gravity fed drip set-up. The Autopots look better by the day.

Also a first timer, but I am not able to make a post yet. I am in need of some help. It’s been 5 full days since I planted my autos (Sour Diesel, Super Skunk, AK-47) and they all have sprouted, but they seem to be very tall and lanky. I am running a viparspectra par450w LED at 60R/60W/15B and its hanging at ~26" ( I think ) about my ladies. I had it at 36" yesterday, but dropped it down some when i noticed they shot up like crazy. Anyone have this light that might have any suggestions or just any suggestions in general? I would hate to lose them, but I have more seeds for back up just incase something like this happened.

You need to lower your light, they are stretching looking for it

Overall they should be fine but you will have to find that sweet spot for your light? See if the set at 26” helps

2 Likes

Agreed, just allow time for the light change to show what effect before adjusting again. Hate to move too fast and burn the delicate ladies. Watch what the leaves do. If they seem to be reaching up they want more light, if they point down at all they are getting too much. Just “listen” and they will love you for it.

1 Like

Ok, so i started week 4 of flowering, so not too much left to go :slight_smile:

I have increased my feed to 100% of recommended, shows no signs of nute burn :slight_smile:

One thing that worries me is the fact that the plant needs ~2.5ltrs of water every 24 hours give or take. I had to leave on Friday morning, thus i fed the plant and when i got back home on Saturday noon it was completely dry… I have a planned full weekend get away, not sure what to do… Maybe i will try to put the plant in a big tray and fill it with 5cm of water (no nutes) and just place the pot in it. Could that “overwater” the plant?

As a first grow, it does look amazing to me :smiley:

Last watering: 2.5ltrs PH6.0 1420 ppm → Runoff 500ml PH6.6 1710 ppm.

2 Likes

I don’t hate this idea. For a short term patch it seems logical and I don’t see any damage being done. :crossed_fingers:t2:

You ain’t wrong @nicholas1 . That is a lovely ball o’ buds. Great job getting this far. It gets a little tricky in flower stage but you got this I know.

What do you mean? Have not read anything about it being more difficult than veg state :slight_smile:

A little worried about harvest, curing and all that :smiley:

1 Like

Just my personal experience really. My girls do great up through early flower then get all temperamental and chit.
As it happens, I was watering wrong (salt build up) Feeding wrong ( Cal and Mag def.) Using inadequate lighting (weak for flower) and being an impatient stoner.

That too.

I did not have the benefit of this forum until I was well into my en-devour. I was completely “seat of my pants” learning. Now I “eat” as much as I can get behind in here. Some is just too technical for me and I am finding great advice to K.I.S.S.
I am about to start a grow again and will post in a new journal. I would invite anyone to follow and help me by sharing your experiences and knowledge.
It will be Strawberry Cheesecake auto, 3 seeds using slightly different methods of training. Soil is a blend of native swampy goo with Peat, Perlite and light fertilizer added bag soil.

Luckily i learned that lesson a few weeks back :smiley: as far as i can tell i have it under control now, runoff ph and ppms stabilised where they should be :wink:

I am feeding the full nute treatment +CalMag, hope that will be enough :slight_smile:

Eagerly awaiting for the read and best of luck! :wink:

You have anyone you can trust to come help with watering? I would be worried sitting her in a pool of runoff for a whole week. I’d be more inclined maybe to do a gravity fed drip system?

Set the restrictor to whatever amount of water you have to deliver a certain drip per minute?