First time grower, first time topping

Yeah I was in a bad vehicle accident 14 years ago n have 5 permanent spots of tbi scarring 2 fractured vertebrae. Smoking helps and I’m noticing takin care of th plants are almost soothing in a way… so yeah he printed me a couple things and said he reads on here n said I should

4 Likes

So glad I listened n checked this place out

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. That stinks.
But like you I’m here for medical reasons too. I do find spending time around my girls does help me take my mind off of my pain and stuff Etc. It’s a great hobby with awesome medical benefits. Just an all-around amazing plant. I’ll be growing for as long as I can God willing my whole life. I’m hooked and I love it. This website makes it all the more enjoyable.

1 Like

Me too. :+1::deciduous_tree::smile:

1 Like

@neckNflu this really is a great place for help and the people here are too. I love growing plants first time with mj and love it even more lol

1 Like

Oh I’m keepin with it now already made the investments and really enjoy tending to em :grin: happy growing! :v:

1 Like

I literally spend most of my free / fun money on this Hobby. There’s so many different things I’d like to upgrade with my grow room and the environment Etc. Just wish I hit the lotto or something so I could do it all in one swoop. Ha

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
This is the thread I started, bro.

Here’s an update photo of on a few days after topping my soon to be mother plant.

The four new colas are doing amazing I think after 4 days. I should of waited to give the first dose of chemicals and nitro boost but I didn’t. Ended up giving all my plants 10-2.5-6 with a small amount of 8-0-0 booster. And they’re doing good. I topped a different plant too soon before the nodes were even really that big and it’s starting to come back.
Looks like I might get 4 new colas from this plant too but a little more slowly… But not too bad for a few days. Wish they were bigger after a month from seed. But they’ll get there.

@Countryboyjvd1971

This is how they’re doing this morning/afternoon.

Two of them are growing 4 new colas already, one quicker than the other. The others aren’t ready for topping yet. Growing slow, trying to get another light hooked up as we speak to help cover them more effectively. I’ll post a new setup picture in an hour I’m working on it right now.

2 Likes

Looking good buddy
How big of a space you working with?
I see 8-9 plants there :+1::wink:

1 Like

I got them crammed for.now in a 2 feet by 3 feet section of a closet

1 Like

I topped mt.plant 5 days ago the 4 new colas shot out like cannons. Here’s some new photos from now

The ones the top spot the four are the new growth

2 Likes

Oh boy your going to need more
Room lol
Looking hood bro

1 Like

Well the closet is 2x3x12

I’m afraid of these two lights though

Like ones for outdoor only lmao the one hung above main plant, it puts a little heat out its.about 13 inches away it’s only 150watts, the second is another heat producer and is 150 watts shooting towards the sides, I just wanted to cover enough angles, but I don’t know my humidity and temperature and all that yet because I’m poor, I’m buying the rest of what I need Friday. My main light is a 100 light 300watt led. I need to spread them.out soon and get better lighting. What do you suggest for 7 plants that one is a clone I’m trying to get to take it’s been 5 days and it’s still perky.

1 Like

What tyoe of bulbs do those lights run
They are spot lights or grow lights ?
Let me tag in a lighting guy you can talk to
@dbrn32 is a good guy for lighting info
No sure they look like halogen lights

2 Likes

They are halogens

I’m running 600watts total, 300watts of led, 1 150watt outside halogen it was an old motion sensor lamp, and one worklight 150watt heat lamp. Lol had to make due

1 Like

I’m looking into getting this one which is 1000watt or the second one which is 2000watt double light.

1000watt is like $130, 2000watt is $230… I just need to know how much power I’ll need to do 7 plants possibly 8 if the clone grows quick enough. I plan to.clone more at once when they all get bigger but for veg do I have enough light? Should I remove those halogen and get an Led? And how much will I need for 7 plants on flowering at least @dbrn32

2 Likes