First-time Grower, fertilizer questions

Hi Everyone! I am a first time grower & new to the Marijuana growing community and had a few questions regarding fertilizer.

I’m growing in a 70% coco coir/30% perlite mix. My Skywalker seedlings popped May 25th and I’m waiting to fertilize them. I’ve read to wait until the first leaves to emerge yellow and fall off then start at 1/4th the strength.

I plan on using the ilgm fertilizer kit and have been looking at the Feeding Schedule Guide online, I was curious if when I start fertilizing (after the leaves fall off) is when the 2 weeks of the seedling feeding stage begins?

Is misting the top of the soil really the only water they need right now, as to keep it evenly moist?

Pictures of my Skywalker OG seedlings, 2days old.

I use jacks for feed and coco and in all my solo cups, seedlings always gave a 3ml syringe full of water intil true leaves then I watered to runoff every day from then on

Which Jack’s fertilizer do you use?

I think I may have made a mistake by not putting holes in the bottom of my solo cups, grr… I even know better! Lol

1 Like

@Hempqueen9 right now , lower your lights to about 16 -18 inches above the seedlings :seedling: , so the node spacing can get more stronger and tighter. They are not really strong enough for strong concentrates yet , maybe in the next 3-4 weeks . Right now just ph water and maybe 2.5mls of seaweed extract to a half gallon but that’s it no nutrients just yet , I know you in Coco right so you’ll need calmag but not much at this point 2.5mls to a half gallon I say until the third set of fan leaves grow out . The first set is 3 fingers , than the next set will be 5 fingers , than 7 fingers fan leaves which should be node 3 , this is when most growers want to top the plant and transplant it to its final pot. Give it about 2 weeks to recover and once you see the new leaves growing after its been transplanted , 2.5mls of grow nutrients to a half gallon , and go up gradually from there measuring nutrients and ppm you should do great :+1:!

1 Like

Right now they rooting which is good , so a low fan and a spray bottle right now with 2.5mls of seaweed or rain water or just ph water . Give them about 3-4 weeks .

1 Like

Right now I have my lights about 4-5inches away from the seedlings, as I still need to upgrade my lighting from citrus to marijuana :joy: so any lighting recommendations would be great!

I am using the ilgm fertilizer set, so would I still need the calmag or could I just use the seedling fertilizer from the set?

1 Like

What exactly is pH water?

Also… How fast/tall should they be growing? Is gaining an 1.5in normal in two days? I just wanna be sure they don’t stretch or get leggy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you have a Ph pen to measure you water contents with ? Your plants need your water to be a balanced ph level in order for them to grow dear ? Go to YouTube and look up Dr.Bruce Bugby and research the importance of water ph for plants ? You’ll need a pen to harvest successfully, a jewels loop to check your trichomes also and a few other gadgets won’t hurt , depending on your finances and what you want or need to fit your method of growing . It’s tons of different stuff and most people will recommend what they have purchased or think is best , always research for cost to save your money :moneybag:, somethings like your lights being one of the most important , you want good lights to get good bud weight, water you need good water , and temperature and air movement ! If you have 1 million question love , start now and if I can’t answer them , I promise you I can get somebody here are a real professional to help you ok , just know it’s going to require momma patients , plants are like women , you can relate lmao , and love and you’ll do great I promise . Ask as many questions as many times you need and we here us will do our best to get you to harvest to growing and smoking your own labor and medicine done by you , which is the best high you can ask for and once you get a few grows behind you , oh yes the bud gets better , but just focus on keeping it simple and less is best and you get it figure out . You can always add to it , it’s hard to remove it once it’s pour in but it can be flushed out . So I believe in you @Hempqueen9 you got this .

1 Like

Nothing is to fast , fast is always good ? Is they auto flowers right ? If so you only have 2 months to get them fat and big !

@Hempqueen9

That’s the pen I used , I cannot speak a hole lot about just yet , I just started using it in this grow with my newest 4 phenomenon plants I’m growing to clone out for generations to find what Gen the plant qualities were the strongest so I can find good candidates for cross breeding to create a strain that works best for my illnesses .

1 Like

If they still alive grab some scissors and cut some slits. And put those clear cups in some not clear to protect roots from light and don’t forget to cut slips in those as well

1 Like

@yoshi Thank you for the tips!! I will definitely have to look into pH pens and the jewel loop.

I am currently growing the SkyWalker OG and they are not autos.

1 Like

I have one growing as well , I can share what I do with mines so you can see how simple I run my grow that a 5 year old can do what I do , but I’ve been doing this for many many moons dear , slept in many woods protecting the crops , swamps , the median on the interstate where all the pretty trees grow , yes camped out and grow 40 pounds in the trees on the interstate , so if I cannot answer i know someone who can !

1 Like