First time grower. Does this little one look ok?

This is a Bruce Banner auto. Only one that popped out of 3. I can’t tell if it’s stretching. Light is sf-2000, 40% at 30" away.

1 Like

Yes, it is stretching but I also see the very base of the stem in smaller in diameter and that tells me you might be overwatering her. At that stage I give them 1 Tablespoon of water and only when the soil is dry, dry.

Add more soil to cover the stem a little and back off on the water.

1 Like

So if I see any water on top of dirt I should hold off on water? I’ve watered a few times where I could still see that the dirt was slightly damp :confused: For the light should I raise the dimmer up to 45-50? I have two more seeds im trying to sprout so I was holding off on raising the dimmer

1 Like

I try not to water my plant so close to the plant I water around the edges about two inches from the fabric prompts root growth that’s my opinion anyway

1 Like

Wow, that far away? I knew not to water directly at the base of the stem but was starting only an inch or so away. So based on above picture would it be appropriate to start watering around where the water stops?

1 Like

The medium is coco btw

1 Like

Depends on what size fab pot you have I’m in 3 gallon pots for my autos. So it’s really not that far away from the plant itself but it is what ever works for you my friend. Happy growing

1 Like

Im in 3 gallons as well. Thanks man, you too!

2 Likes

Take a solo cup put it over the plant then water around the solo cup then remove the cup. Keeps you from watering too close and from getting water on leaves

4 Likes

Thank you I will do that on my next grow as well. If I try to cover mine now I would need a 55 gallon drum

1 Like

Great advice, thanks!

1 Like

Whatever your doing, keep on doing it. If your worried about her stretching just increase intensity 5-10%, watch closely over next few days see how she responds. Or lower the light a few inches and watch. It’s much easier to fix not enough light, than to much, if your blasting her this early you’ll end up stunting her, this will greatly affect final outcome. Your watering looks good to me, your in coco so it’ll dry out quicker.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I do think I was over watering too frequently but my amounts weren’t too bad. Maybe around 30ml, but I’m going to back off a bit until I see more leaves.

1 Like

Is this looking ok? I’m going to be watering tomorrow. Leaves are looking kinda pale but I’m also color blind so :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Day 6 since sprout

1 Like

Feeding anything yet? Coco has no nutes in it so need to start feeding pretty quick.

1 Like

I mixed dry amendments into the coco. Down to Earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 (75/25) and worm castings.

3 Likes