First time grower, concerned something is wrong

Well, but when i get bigger pots, i can leave less space between the plants. Are there possibilities to stop them from producing that much more roots? like do i stop veg earlier? what would be your plan in this case?

Edit: well i guess i should do some research first on this theme. completly forgot about it and nearly dont know anything :smiley:dont wanna bother you with simple stuff.

I would put them in bigger pots. Lol. If you put them in 5 gallonā€™s, theyā€™ll be fine. Iā€™d also use fabric pots because they air prune the roots, so they donā€™t get as rootbound.

Stop vegging them when they are about half the size you want them. When you flip to flower they will continue to grow to twice their size.

1 Like

Well, that would be kinda too large. I know i probably got too many plants at once ^^ But i thought i can just restrict them in growth. 5 gallons would be the double amount of now :smiley: How big would you let them get in this pots?

I got pots from a growshop. and they got this prune holes in the bottom. 8 on the downside and 8 around it at the bottom outer walls.

So these pots are about 2 1/2 gallonā€™s? Thatā€™s small for a photo, are these autos? If they are then you might get away with it.

If the roots get pruned then it might work.

1 Like

Yeah they are 11L which is about 2,9 gallons. They are 23cmx23cmx28cm width. I guess i could go to 15L which would be 3,9 gallons. And they would be 30x30 width. But i guess this gonna be too close for the plants. the pots would be side by side then, to fit under the lamps.

Edit: maybe i can make it work by LTS
Edit2: Sorry forgot strain. They are mostly sativa and no autoflowering. shining silver haze=75% sativa and 25%indica ; utopia haze 90% sativa and 10% indica

If these are photos, then they will have to go into bigger pots. If you can squeeze in the 3.9 gallonā€™s that would help.

1 Like

Well will try to get the 3.9 gallon pots then. When should i repot then?
Thanks for all the help again :slight_smile:

Transplant when you see roots coming out the bottom of the pot. Iā€™m sorry I screwed up your original plan.

1 Like

Well, if my plan wasnt the right one, im fine with that :smiley: Rather this way, than fk up everything. Im already soulbound to this little girls :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Your plants look great. You will always have some individual leaves that may have slight problems from little things like dripping food water on them or one leaf getting a more direct blast of warmer or colder air, drying only that leaf out. Stuff like that. Watch the new growth, if itā€™s healthy youā€™re generally ok. Bigger problems like deficiencies or over loving will affect larger portions of the plants at the same time.

I have trouble with Celsius conversions these days, is it +32*9/5 or what, temps should mimic the seasonal temps the plant would normally grow in, higher humidity and mid to higher temps in veg fading to drier cooler fall type air for flower. So 80s to 90 f for veg and 65 to75 f for flower.

1 Like

Hey @raustin,
After we wrote the last time, i bought 4,75 gallon pots :slight_smile:

I am not sure how i continue now.
I havent started the LST yet, because the girls are still in their ā€˜littleā€™ pots and therefore i couldnt really bend and strap them. I have worries i could break things if i need to cut lose the plants of their little pots, if i start LST now.
You said before i should not repot until the roots are visable at the bottom of the pot. Is it fine, if i just repot them these days in the bigger pots, without them having roots developed until the bottom? Because i have worries the stems get to hard until i get to this point.
Greetz Lemon

1 Like

You bought 75 gallon pots? Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s a typo and you meant 5 gallon pots. Lol. Excellent! Your plants are gonna love you for that. Ideally, you would wait for roots to show out the bottom, but you can transplant them now if you like. Thereā€™s no reason to cut the pot, just turn the pot upside down with one hand, while covering the top of the pot with your other hand. Now give the pot a little squeeze until the plant pops out of the pot. This might be a little messy because the plants are not very established in the small pots, but just put down some newspaper first, and any soil that comes out you can put into the big pot. Donā€™t be afraid to jiggle the pots to get the plants out, they can take it.

1 Like

nah 4.75 what is about 18L :smiley: alright, thanks for the advice :slight_smile: