First time grower. BB, GSCE, and GG autos

I would like to tag along.

1 Like

Welcome My first grow was GG4 in RDWC not auto’s but really nice plant lots of production I’ve always needed hands on to learn I’ve never done well with books to boring for me everything I’ve learned is either YouTube or the people in this group and the 2 others I’m a part of can’t wait to see what you do will be following. I have a journal on it here if you wanna check it out (First Grow Ever)

2 Likes

Thanks for following!

1 Like

I struggle as well with just the reading and I tend to over think things until I put them in a hands on situation and then I’m like “wow I way over thought this” lol. I love YouTube as I’ve watched countless hours of grow videos and pod cast on there. Between YouTube, the grow journals, and the very helpful people on this forum I feel much more confident. I will definitely check out your journal. Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

My pleasure there are a lot of good people here glad you found us and looking forward to seeing you grow and your buds. :+1:

1 Like

heck yah thanks @Graysin appreciate that seriously

hey on a different note im helping a friend start a 12 site outdoor grow here in the nevada desert the plan is to bury a hot tub and use the pumps already in place to aerate the tub we tore down 2 freezers for the coils and freon tanks fitted the top with decking and drilled out holes for 12 8" net pots… its ambitious but when he said he had to get rid of his old hot tub my first question was …“do the pumps work?” lol …outdoor desert hydro grow!!

6 Likes

dang brother you got the whole gang there …im set to watch!

2 Likes

LOL I love it. That’s gonna be one heck of a reservoir to keep topped up.

2 Likes

hes on a well system and his well water is the urine of the gods!!

3 Likes

Sounds genius!! Keep me posted on it!

1 Like

I bought the super mix auto pack

1 Like

heck yah for sure brother, its a 475 gallon reservoir …im definitely gonna start a journal lol

great choice!..i dont know much about autos so i will definitely be watching!!

1 Like

Checked in on my seeds real quick before heading to work. So after 12 hours of soaking in the cups. All 5 GSCE have cracked and the taproot is visible, but not sticking out. 3 of the GG are cracked with visible taproot, but not sticking out and 2 seeds still floating. None of the BB are cracked yet and all are still floating. Once I get home from work today I will be mixing up my medium and filling my pots(5 gallon fabric) and planting the cracked seeds. Any seeds that aren’t cracked will get moved to a moist paper towel to give more time.

3 Likes

The more and more threads/grow journals I read the less and less I want to use the FF Trio Nutrients. So I have been looking into getting something different. What do you guys recommend? @GreenSnek @Nicky @Graysin ?

From what I have been reading it seems Jack’s is the way to go. If that’s the case what would I need to order to have the proper line. I do plan on keeping my FF Beastie Bloomz though.

3 Likes

Jack’s is the way to go.

Easiest route if you’re willing to spring $120 is to get 25# of Part A and Part B. Get a bag of pure Epsom salts from a pharmacy or Walmart.

Part A
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWXTJ6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8VB2R639NPGSF3GX1R67

Part B
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CY62XXP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8VSSZARTWVDZ5J96VV41

And the Beastie Bloomz is perfect - it’s exactly the kind of bloom booster the pros around here recommend for supplementing Jack’s once flower starts. There’s also a slightly adjusted ratio for feed time once you mix in the bloom booster, but I’m awful and don’t have it memorized or even written down anywhere. Maybe @Hellraiser has it handy.

2 Likes

I was just browsing Amazon quickly while at work and I noticed they have a “RO” version. Do I have to get that if I am using ro water ? @Graysin

@ReelOfishalTrees I truly don’t know the answer to that. I’m using RO 90% of the time and have had no issues with the generic Part A.

1 Like

Jack’s is suppose to be the best bang for the buck. Quality grows, easy feeding, not too pricey. I’m having great success with FF, but the price is steep, and the amount of mixing is hair pulling. Two or three times, I be been almost done mixing and forget if I added this or that much, and have to start over. Then there’s the flushing. I am finishing this grow with FF, then going to Jack’s when I start indoors next year.

3 Likes

Just started using jacks and they’re doing about 10-20% better then my organics, but the true test will come in terp and bud development

2 Likes

@GreenSnek My first harvest dried super fast, I chopped about 2 weeks early, so I don’t know how much effect it’ll have on taste. It’s been curing for almost a week now, and the smell is starting to develop really well, though.

Going to a strictly Jack’s nute line, would you have a recommend on what to go with? Soil, nutes, etc?

1 Like