First time grower. BB, GSCE, and GG autos

As you can see up close the color is way differnt. Here is a shot of the GG up close

1 Like

Here is what the BB looks like up close

As you can see the BB look more rusty colored

So could be more going on, I believe it’s out if my scope :disappointed:

The BB issue could be unrelated tk the others…

The one looks kinda like tobacco mosaic virus but hopefully someone else can chime in …

Whatever it us just try not tk stress and someone will figure it out.

1 Like

I greatly appreciate your input and help. Do you know anyone to tag that could help me.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t, I’m kinda new myself :disappointed:

1 Like

Ok no worries, I greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

I just looked at all the problem leaves on both plants and none of them had anything that was moving at all. I stared at some spots for over 2 minutes waiting for movement and nothing.

Id not be too worried about the slight mottling, young plants do that. You are in a little hot soil FFHF and OF, so that little root system needs time to adjust, I see a bag of recharge on your table, are you adding that? Those mediums have plenty of feed minus cal/mag for a few months. If anything Id say a slight mag issue, but nothing I’d even panic adjust for, just add to my next watering. The Speckled leaves are my suspect pest, now you have a 40x Loupe, you should be able to see mites, if this is the case. Naked eye they are hard to spot.

2 Likes

I have used recharge on 2 of the previous watering. That’s the only thing I have added to them except water. Saw zero pest movement with the loupe

1 Like

Excellent. DO you have any cal/mag? or at least some epsom salt. Calcium is commonly seen as rust spots and Mag is commonly interveinal chlorosis.
Just keep an eye for changes, right now they are working hard to develop a root system. ANd the soil mix is kind of hot with NPK…but they should be fine.

When ya get the CaptJacks just do it as a preventative, wont hurt a thing.

Im looking back your using RO water that literally has no minerals left, great when mixing nutes and controlling everything. Out of curiosity what is the TDS on your tap water, this will likely have calcium along other minerals that you can get away with in that medium mix for a while as long as the chlorine/chloramines arent off the rails.

I have Jack’s 321 nutes so I can add cal/mag at anytime I just figured my soil had enough nutes to carry me atleast 3 to 4 weeks plus. I do have an RO system. My tapwater is around 380-390ppm. I haven’t been giving my plants straight RO water because of lack or minerals and not being able to ph it so I have been adding tap water until I reach 150-160ppm then ph it to 6.3-6.5 range.

I forgot to add I have my tap water dechlorinated in 5gal buckets with air stones running 24/7

And my local water report shows no chloramines

Yes your soil does. All that is excellent.
With Jacks that Calcium Nitrate Part B is 15 parts N, might for a bit too much in your soil this early. So I’d not start that, but I would add some Cal/mag or just the Mag/sulfate to my watering’s.

1 Like

Ok I don’t have plain cal/mag solution so I can just add some mag/sulfate tomorrow when I water. Definitely thought it was too early to add any of my Jack’s since I have hot soil to begin with.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d bet your tap water has enough in it for these young plants.

Here is my tap water report.

1 Like

You are on top of it!..Those are all the potential toxins, you water is safe to drink.

Lol I tried to do as much research and gather as much information as I could before I started doing this. I figured if I was going to do it, I didn’t want to do it half ass. I have so so much more to learn, but I’m willing to put in the time and take and information that is provided to me from this amazing community.