First time grower. BB, GSCE, and GG autos

Day 10. I gave the girls their first good watering tonight. I gave them each 1 liter of 6.4 ph ro/tap (150-160ppm) with a 1/2 tsp per gal of recharge. I watered them slow to find any channels that were in the soil on the edges of the bags and worked out any that I found. They are actually starting to slightly smell now and especially when touching the leaves. I turned the lights up 6% more (56%). Bruce Banner #1 is still the star of the show so far. Would it be a good idea to put sticky traps in the pots now since they got a good watering @Nicky ? Sorry I have a horrible fear of gnats lol

Here’s another photo of my BB#1

My ugly duckling, hey ugly girls need love too!!

3 Likes

I throw sticky traps in my soil as soon as I’ve got plants. I wanna catch anything that might come munching before it becomes an infestation to combat. Proactive prevention and mitigation is key. I almost had gnats - but my sticky traps showed me I may have a problem and you bet your bottom dollar I sprayed every last leaf, top and bottom, with Captain Jack’s dead bug. And then Diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil. Haven’t seen more gnats for a bit now. I have fresh sticky traps out again. I also may be paranoid about pest infestation tho.

2 Likes

Ok I put them in the pots this morning. Yeah I am extremely paranoid of pest lol probably my biggest worry at the moment. I do have a big bag of DE on stand by .

3 Likes

I wouldn’t wait to see pests to use the de I’d put a light dose down so if there is a couple critters running around so they don’t have a chance to lay eggs. Plus it gives your plants a little calcium magnesium and silica

2 Likes

I know top dress the DE, but do I put it on before watering or after?

2 Likes

It was suggested to me to take the DE layer it over the top of the soil and mix it in for about the 1st inch or two. Then water! It worked well for me. I still do it this way

1 Like

Ok thank very much! I’ll get it in there before next watering.

1 Like

When I am planting into the final pots, I lay down an inch of medium in the bottom of the pot then sprinkle a layer of DE over that then continue loading the coco. I’m paranoid the gnats etc enter through the drain holes… lol The surface also gets a good sprinkle of DE too

2 Likes

Oh nice! I thought you were only supposed to use DE once pests are present.

1 Like

So I had some of my leaves canoeing upwards and the serrated tips pointing up as well on quite a few of my girls. I noticed it happened the next day after switching the power of the lights from 50% to 56%. I knew it could be from over watering, Nutrients, excessive heat or humidity. So I turned the lights back down to 50% and about 6 hours later the canoeing started going away and the serrated tips started going back to normal. I’ll keep an eye and see what happens from here.

Here’s my BB#1 day 12. In one of the pics you can

Here is GSCE#1. You can see some of the canoeing and curled serrated parts here

3 Likes

This doesn’t surprise me. Check out your node spacing on your stem - it’s a little close. I’d maybe raise the light up an inch or two and try to get to like 1/2” between nodes as you grow. More room for the branches to breathe and get better airflow without making a leggy tree out of her.

2 Likes

Yeah I absolutely noticed the node spacing was really tight. I actually jsent a picture to my buddy earlier and asked him if he thought the spacing was tight and he agreed as well. I’ll raise the lights a few inches. Should I leave the power on 50% for now after raising them.

Nah if you want more spacing then just raise the light it’s the less amount of light that makes them stretch more , personally I try to get them as dense as I can then defoliate underbrush once they hit the pots edge ,but everyone has their preferences for spacing

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the input dude. I greatly appreciate it

2 Likes

Well tomorrow is 2 weeks above soil. Here is a little day 13 update.

BB#1

3 Likes

Still lookin happy and healthy!

1 Like

They are definitely starting to pick up the pace. I haven’t watered them in 3 days. I checked the pots and they are a tad heavy still. I will probably water them tomorrow. I’m guessing in the next week or 2 it will be time to start the nutes. Once I start using the Jack’s 321, do I feed every watering?

3 Likes

I have been feeding every watering since they were seedlings. Okay, now in retrospect I’m just now understanding why everything seems to have uncontrollable growth. :man_facepalming:

But yes you can feed full strength Jack’s from start to finish.

2 Likes

Yup full feedings you don’t have to water to run off 1st 2 waterings( salt hasn’t built up yet then) , takes about 3/4 a gallon per plant after that for good runoff . Hopefully you’ll be starting to into flower 4 weeks so they’re only moderately big if they wait to 5.5-6 weeks then end up stretching into GIANTS. Any ways my point you may wanna invest In a bag of Mkp ( monopotassium potassium) because jacks tends to be a Lil weak on those 2 main nutes during stretch time and do an adjusted feeding for 2 weeks of stretching ( thanks to Nicky for teaching me this) , then during flower we drop the nitrogen a Lil and do 3.8/ 2.2/ 1.2

1 Like

Ok sweet dude!

1 Like