First time grower. BB, GSCE, and GG autos

Thanks and I greatly appreciate your knowledge and sharing it with me. I should have showed this pic before, but these are the affected 2 leaves.

1 Like

Seeing that, I’m swayed to anomaly. Keep an eye, all the new growth looks great! Keep on keeping on, my crafty says its time to smoke…peace/out!

1 Like

Could be they are finally digging their roots down to the bottom 2 gallons of FFOF where the top 3 gallons is HF. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your smoke!

Yes, OF is Nute heavy could just be little plant learning how to swim and eat.

1 Like

Going to start LST tomorrow so the new under growth gets the light they need. One question I have is, when I bend the tops over some of the lower big fan leaves will rest on the soil because they are so short and bushy. What do I do about that ? I assume it’s not good for them to rest on the soil because it loses air flow and could invited unwanted problems.

Still little young, another week. Take a peek. They are gonna grow, in weeks time a plant can double, I don’t know your enviro, but its reasonable.
No its not, but you are fine at this age if the humidity and soil is fairly dry.

Temp is 77-79f and RH is 70-75%. How come the soil needs to be fairly dry before training? Sorry just trying to learn.

Training regardless of soil dampness. Stress control/minimalization, is the growers game.
Horticultural science agrees, cannabis prefers wet/dry cycles (if ya care, that’s all plants, except succulents), no worries.

1 Like

Pests. Thrips, to be specific. I had these on my very first plant. They seem unassuming but will do a lot of damage quickly if ignored.

As @Pet_de_Chien said, get some Captain Jack’s Dead Bug. Also highly recommend Neem Oil. I treated my thrips with 3 days of Dead Bug at lights out, followed by alternating treatments of Neem Oil and Dead Bug once a day until there was no new damage appearing. It may take 5-7 days total, but honestly neither thing is harmful to your plants so you can use them preventatively if you feel so inclined until you get into flowering - then discontinue Neem oil.

1 Like

Ok thanks dude. I ordered dead bug and will have it tomorrow. Should I treat every plant or just the 1? No other plants are showing any signs yet. I just did a full inspection on them all.

If you have bugs in that tent, they all have em. Treat them all or you will chase them endlessly, even if its an exercise in preventative maintenance.

3 Likes

I already have DE, should I layer some on the tops of all the soil?

Yes you could sprinkle the tops, good for getting adult crawlers. But, keep in mind it will slowly add silica to the medium. If you are planning on training, Silica makes for stronger cellular walls in the branches, this is a good thing but timing on training will change. The silica released from DE is slower than the bioavailable that most of us mix in our nutes, but its there.
I don’t add silica to my nutes until I think I am a week out from being happy with the structure of my training.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the information! Tonight or tomorrow morning will be time for watering. (Depends on how much the pots dry out in the next 10 hours). Should I add it after I water the plants and top layer dries some? From my understanding it’s not effective when it gets wet.

Try to keep the DE as dry as possible, doesnt do diddly when wet, that will also help it from releasing silica in the medium. SO plan a watering strategy to keep it as dry as possible for bit so it can kill the crawling bugs and you think you got it nixxed.

1 Like

Ok what I’ll do is water tonight then since it will be 3 days since I watered them last (I gave them 1 liter each) then tomorrow when my dead jack gets here I’ll spray all my leaves and put DE on the tops of all the pots. I just had to raise my lights 4 inches as that’s how much they have grown since last watering.

2 Likes

Hey so when I apply the neem oil, I have to do it at lights out so the leaves don’t get burned from the water being on them? I’ll have my dead Jack’s tomorrow, I have DE, I have sticky traps, pressure sprayer, and running to get neem oil right now (45 minute drive to closest shop) is there anything else I’ll need while I’m there?

I’d just wait on the Jacks honestly, and I spray anytime I need to, just turn the light intensity down if you’re concerned about burning. I personally don’t use neem on my cannabis. I do use it on my apple/pear trees, blueberries and garden plants, but I can wash those fruits. Neem tastes as nasty as it smells, and does work well. I suppose as long as they are young and in veg, I’d consider using it, but once I see a flower…done. You can get Neem at HomeDepot/menards/Ace etc. Sounds like you have a good Pest arsenal right there, might pick up some mosquito bits / dunks - I mix this in the top of my medium for Fungus gnat larvae - the DE is for adults.

1 Like

Ok thanks again for all the info. My plants are only 16 days old. I wanted to get neem today to apply today because the pest thing is freaking me out lol 2 more fan leaves on the same plant are starting to show symptoms which is my Bruce Banner #1 and my Bruce Banner #2 just started showing the same symptoms on 2 fan leaves. I only have 2 BB’s in there along with 5 GSCE and 5 GG. Only the BB’s are showing these signs.

When you spray, make sure you get the undersides of the leaves too…not sure if that was ever stated.

1 Like