First time grower, any and all help truly appreciated

First time grower here. I spent roughly the past month on every website I could find on growing, and just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. I’m at day 5 since breaking the surface with my Blueberry Autoflower from ILGM right now. To start, below is my info.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - Blueberry Autoflower ILGM
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - FFOF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - 3 gallon smart pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - 6.5
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - not sure as of yet
  • Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor
  • Light system - currently a 150w Cree Cob LED
  • Temps; Day, Night - between 75-78 day, 71-75 night
  • Humidity; Day, Night - 55-60 currently
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - passive at the moment
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - No
  • Co2; Yes, No - No

Other than worrying I’m screwing everything up, it seems to be going alright. Below are some pictures. Again, if you see something off, or anything, please let me know, and thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Looks pretty good. Just remember smaller amounts of water right now. Seedling in a larger pot like that I like to just water a small ring around plant, it will help encourage root expansion.

7 Likes

On the watering front, as @dbrn32 said, small amounts of water. You can probably just mist them two or three times a day with a spray bottle for now. I agree everything looks on point.

6 Likes

Just stopping in to say hello and welcome to the forum. Everything looks good so far. Keep it up :+1:

1 Like

And I completely forgot to thank you for serving our country.

1 Like

Thank you dbrn32 and Bogleg, will definitely be watching my watering.

Welcome to the forum! These guys have you set on the watering issue :v::bear:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Are you putting a clear dome over the seedlings? It’s a good idea for the first couple of weeks to allow moisture to be absorbed through the leaves. Until the taproot is established this is how the plant gets it’s water.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I stopped 2 days ago, would it be a good idea to put the dome back on for the next week or so?

1 Like

I would. Just until they are rooted which should be 10 or 12 days after sprouting.

1 Like

i would not use the dome, i try to get them out of the dome as soon as possible (when the single finger leaves appear) this seems to stimulate the roots, its find water or die.! LOL
the only time i suggest using a dome for weeks is in low RH, below 20%.

it looks and sounds like u got this.!!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about the dome. I’ve read about a million different points of view on having a dome on, just trying to find the best path. Trial and error I guess. But she seems to be doing fine without it, second pair of true leaves are about an inch long each. Tomorrow marks a week since sprout, I’ll post some more pictures in the AM. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

I have kept it alive for a week! Definitely watched the watering, the soil is just slightly damp, but from here out I’m going to let it dry a bit and stick with the 2.5 to 3 inches around the plant for root growth. Seems to be going alright, the leaves are a little funky, but hopefully nothing to worry about. The second set of true leaves continue to grow quite a bit each day. Still no nutrients in the ph’d water. Megacrop on the way for when it is time to add them. Also looking at replacing my little light with either a HLG 100 or 135, just doing some more reading to make a decision. I would like to say thank you to all of you who are watching and advising. It is a huge help.

3 Likes

Two weeks in and she’s continuing to grow! Each day growth is measuring between half an inch to inch. Still just PH’d water at this point. Let me know if you see anything crazy.

4 Likes

Looks good! I am a first time grower as well !

Here is one of my three 12 day old plants

I also just put up a first time grow journal! Check it out and we can swap tips as we go! @closetgrowth

2 Likes

All of the plants i see at this stage always look bigger.

I have no idea my humidity and need to wait until payday to get the equip the check . But I know for sure if anything there is not enough humidity . Dan that cause smaller plants ? Or could it be the Strain I’m growing

Got any pictures

The above three are mine in previous reply but here are today’s at 14 days

2 Likes