First time grower and bouncing off walls

everyone has started the same way you are. ‘first grow’. I am not sure if it gets less stressful with your 2nd or 10th grow, but you get to try new ways of training and trimming and …Just to let you know, you should probably start looking for another tent, light…You will be hooked.
xT9DPn3MABvIwlubgk

1 Like

Yea… Rereading my last reply I realize that it does sound a bit overboard for “just a hobby”. Maybe it is a bit more of a hobby. Before all of this it was cars. More of a “lifestyle” than maybe a hobby. When I say my “time, effort, and money” I more or less mean the extra time time, effort and money apart from my work and bills. That last reply makes it sound as if I am gonna quit work and go from being a freelance graphic designer to a full-time grower and running my own dispensary. While that sounds amazing, I haven’t near the amount of disposable income, assets, savings (and probably the most important) know how to open even the smallest of dispensaries. In that reply I make myself sound as if I am a passionate mad man who would stop at nothing to accomplish the dream of becoming a pot growing genius. I’m really just ready to make a change. Maybe it’s a midlife crisis situation? The car scene is getting a little bit to ridiculous and expensive. I’d rather just put the money into something a bit more chill with a community that isn’t so hell bent on hurting feelings and showing off. Every one that I have met or talked to in the growing community has been so supportive and willing to teach. I am most definitely ready for a change and now is the perfect time for me to make it.

2 Likes

After this, you will be helping others who are starting out, just as we all have. You got this. May you have a fun grow and happy Harvest :blush:

2 Likes

HI! I’m new to thins and some of the lingo I don’t yet know …Whats FIM? and why are some leaves/branches tied down?
Thanks for any explanation :sunglasses: :herb:

It stabds for ‘Fk I Missed’. Its a technique similar to topping, except topping typically creates 2 new tops from one. Fimming can result is 4+ tops insteas. It was found as a kind of happy accident

2 Likes

The branches tied down is to keep the top of the canopy level. Pulling the high ines down

This allows more colas to get good light and ultimately ends up with a much greater harvest.

3 Likes

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:

3 Likes

@beachglass is right.

This stuff is addictive… not the cannabis itself, but the growing of it.

A truly amazing plant that needs to be both babied and abused all at the same time.

3 Likes

My basement grow area is my man cave now. :laughing:

2 Likes