First time grower, Amnesia Haze

I’d start up a couple more seeds, a weeks worth of difference won’t be much. I veg anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks depending on how big I want the plants and how much training is done.

1 Like

Rog, I’m thinking I might of got a bad batch of seeds. I’ll start another two tonight when I get home from work.
@Hellraiser Looking for confirmation that I was seeing the seedling is actually stretching more than it should be? Trying to understand these little ladies more.

1 Like

Yeah stretching a little but no biggie, just get the light closer to it and get a fan blowing over it so it moves in the breeze some, will help strengthen up the stem.

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll get the fan turned on. Had it off for germination of the others

@pr this is my little grow, stick around and hang out

1 Like

So, just thinking outloud, I am already planning on adding an additional tent/light once this grow is completed. I am looking at the gorilla 3x3 that @Hellraiser uses and was wondering if the 300L will be enough or should I just go insane and get the 600?
@pr @Low @MrPeat

Also, should I bother with refurbished or get brand new?

1 Like

I ordered and paid for refurbished, but received a brand new 350r. Don’t know if you heard that story yet. Im not sure about the light for the 3x3. How bout it @dbrn32 ?

3 Likes

What do you hope to accomplish in the 3x3? The hlg-300 is enough light for that space. If you’re willing to spend almost double to squeeze every last gram out of it, then bigger light makes more sense.

4 Likes

Yep, what are your goals? The options mentioned will handle that space. No harm in going bigger.

I will say it is nice to go over kill, you will be dimming the 600r. Which prolongs it’s longevity. Should you choose to go bigger in the future, that light would be an asset.

4 Likes

Hope it was ok to bring you in on this. Maybe you already were?

2 Likes

@dbrn32
My goals? to grow amazing buds. I think the sf2k is going to be acquit in the 2x4(maybe buying a 135 to get a bit more power into the buds) but if/when I expand to the 3x3 as well I will need something that can accommodate the goal of 3-4 plants per session. Now that I am thinking about it, unsure if I wanted the 600 to be just absolutely extra or if its to ensure I have the power if needed. I am starting to ramble, LOL.

@pr
I didn’t hear about you getting a brand new light for your 2x4, I must of missed that in one of the updates. That is a pretty nice grab honestly, think that should carry you in that one for a bit!
-edit, I am an idiot and its literally the first post on your grow…

@Low
Honestly with the 600 it should fill out pretty damn well in a 4x4 if they recommend it for flowering in a 5x5 correct? I should absolutely killing it in a 3x3 by that logic?

2 Likes

Yes. Amazing buds. Granted the light is the biggest factor, but how you handle them will make a large impact.

You will have absolute coverage with the 600. That’s what I would choose for a 3x3. IF that 3x3 is atleast 7’. You have light distancing to keep in mind. If you utilize DLI you will do well.

2 Likes

Figured I could actually post an update!
I have now attempted to germinate 5 seeds, only 1 has sprouted so far. Waiting for the last two I tried to give me some kind of sign of life. 5 seeds remain to try and germinate.

On to the loneliest seedling!
She’s coming along nicely

If I can’t get another seed to sprout how long on average would you think it would take for her to fill the entire tent herself?

2 Likes

I am planning on getting a gorilla tent for my next one. That should get me close to the 7’ in height you mentioned.

1 Like

Absolutely. Great decision. Don’t buy the “LITE” model and make sure to get the extra side bars from their website. To counter act negative pressure, and allow you to use a net the way it’s intended if you do choose. maximize your ventilation and keeps the tent from sucking in too far and squeezing your plants. You will need it with such a light as the 600. The OG model comes with height extensions. Plus their viewing windows are awesome. They are plastic. So when you open to look in you don’t lose air pressure as you would if they were mesh.

2 Likes

I have heard nothing but great things about them which is why I am looking forward to getting one(or more, don’t tell my fiancé). I used to have my own greenhouse I built and used aquaponics, I grew huge amounts of non bud plants and I find growing things incredibly therapeutic for my PTSD issues, so the thought of being able to grow weed and use that to also help with my PTSD is like a win/win/win/win.
Is the LITE model just complete trash? I know they use thinner materials but from what they put on their website thats the only difference between the two lines of tents.

2 Likes

The lite model is under 7’ without height extensions. It’s to save on costs for consumers. If you throw anything sativa in there you will want the height that the og comes stock with, with the option to extend a foot. Otherwise prepare for a lot of training. That being said if you stick with autos you might be ok with the LITE. But… WHEN you go to photos you are gonna wish you had the height. That light is intense also so you want as much space from the canopy and as much wattage as you can throw out without harming the plants.

It’s awesome that you utilized aquaponics. I never have had that opportunity, I do however have a small urban “farm.” In other words my edible garden. LOL. I love fresh produce.

2 Likes

You have been covered.

2 Likes

Right now we have an edible garden on our front porch, it has four types of peppers, 2 types of tomatoes, cucumbers, and four different herbs. For a grand total of 30+ plants. We have already harvested a bunch of tomatoes and peppers for dinners, found out that the tomatoes need more than 7gal pots, the peppers seem fine in 5-7gals however.

1 Like

That’s awesome! My garden is doing terrible! But I jumped the gun early in the season and stunted my plants with a late frost. I currently have a dozen tomatoes, few dozen super hot pepper varieties, squash, carrots, radish, beans, peas, onions, cucumber, and a couple dozen herbs. Greens such as kale, and different lettuce… Strawberries, raspberries… probably some I’m missing. Started with over 400 plants. Ending with significantly less.
I love peppers and herbs the most to make seasonings.

2 Likes