First time grower - Am I being too ambitious?

You got me there, my misunderstanding. It is blue tooth control, not WiFi.

I’m having a similar issue with max speed, this is because it’s bloody hot here right now. In order to maintain flowering conditions my fans have been running non stop. It’s also like 120 degrees outside. And in this time of the year, monsoon season, it’s very humid here. Without dehumidifiers it keeps my tent at about 54% Rh and I set my fans to 79 degrees but it generally sits at 80-83 degrees. If I had bought a larger fan I do not think I would be having this issue. Here, in my neck of the desert, a 4 inch fan for a 3x3 is just underneath enough to be efficient. Learn new everyday, yeah?
Even without the WiFi, standard panel only operates on pre set fan speed. With Zero remote operation. Again I recommend the controller because I didn’t get it and wished I had. Maybe I should have lead with that……

2 Likes

I have a 5x5 and went with the 6" for exhaust. Wish I had gone with the 8" :slight_smile:

I’m in the Northeast and the heat/humidity has been insane this year. I will try the auto controller again in the fall/winter and see how it works. I’ll bookmark this page and let you know if it works better.

And fingers crossed they have an upgrade to the s67 to make it Wi-Fi!!!

2 Likes

No interruptions here, always happy to answer as best I can. Yes you can use any of these models with control device.

T or S
Even their lite models. As long as it’s an EC motor. They say any EC motor but I haven’t seen any with similar plugs. Not that I looked hard.

3 Likes

Funny thing Is I could swear I read a thread about these fans talking about the WiFi. That’s how I realized the controller 67 was different then the standard ones. Cant for the life of me find it now. twilight zone up in here! I know they went through a few different models of controller before landing on 67. Maybe it was an option the beta tested no longer available? I dunno, got me good on that one :slight_smile:
TBH I’m disappointed that I’m wrong. I won’t suggest it again until it has WiFi abilities. My thermostat has it, and it was only 20 bucks. It works like crap but that’s not the point here.

3 Likes

There is a similar device I looked into. It’s called the NIWA grow hub. It is pretty neat but at 200.00 I looked elsewhere. It will run up to four devices, got some other pretty cool features as well. It is designed to operate a lil self contained single plant growing “box” it’s neat for sure but far to small to grow any “decent” amount of maryjane. It for SURE connects to WIFI and is a lot more flexible then the fan controller. At 3x’s the cost.

2 Likes

Thanks Doc. Much appreciated. I won’t cancel the order. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy with the InkBird devices The controller runs 4 temp/RH devices and I think they are trying to get it to 16. If AC Infinity updates the s67 to full wi-fi I’d jump on that. The ability to monitor, control fan with my Wi-Fi enabled AC/Furnace would take the worry out of being gone.

Next on my list is the AutoPot XL Thanks to @Nicky 's review

3 Likes

Same! And for the same reason. Our conversation just made which I’ll be doing first that much easier to decide. If only every exchange of idea and information on the boards was as civil and as exploratory. Good stuff growmie!

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. After talking with the Optic rep on the phone, I decided on the Optic Slim 500S with the master controller. I’ll post some pics once I get it set up.