First time grower, 6 critical mass :)

Soaked seeds in water until they sunk, then transferred them to damp paper towels between two paper plates and placed them in the dome tray.
They were there for about 2 days

Woke up this morning and checked for roots and 5/7 had roots sticking out. 2 of them with roots about 2 inches long and the others with about an inch, and a 6th that’s cracked with a sliver of root sticking out. The 7th did absolutely nothing.

Got them put into rockwool now that was soaked in 5.84 Ph water and shaken to add air into them.

Got them inside the tent in the tray with the dome on.

Super excited for my first grow!! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Congrats and good luck!

4 Likes

Best of luck!

3 Likes

@NeoGroR

1 Like

@Siksr good luck buddy

2 Likes

Thank you! Excited to learn more and more throughout my journey.

2 Likes

@Siksr expect setbacks but don’t get discouraged. We learn the most from our own mistakes in growing. At least I have. Almost killed mine a time or two but learned and they are still chugging along :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah sadly i am expecting a couple setbacks, but it will be a learning experience!

1 Like

@Siksr each time I thought it was gonna be the death of my grow and each time they came back to life. As others will tell you, they are very resilient. As long as you learn from your mistakes, you’ll keep getting better each grow. My opinion at least lol

2 Likes

4 have come out above the rockwool overnight while I still wait on 2. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great start your off to the races!

2 Likes

6th seedling has came above the rockwool!
The other seedlings had looked like they were stretching so I lowered the light some last night.
How are they looking?
They seem a little droopy to me.
I feed them light with some spraying towards bottom of rockwool once in the morning and then again before I go to sleep.

6 Likes

@Covertgrower @dbrn32

1 Like

Looks good!

2 Likes

even thought theyre looking a bit droopy like that?
i thought i might have been doing something wrong lol

They’re fine. The first leaves are only temporary anyways. They’ll die off.

1 Like

Should i be transferring them to the net pots and top feeding by now?

1 Like

You could. Wouldn’t wait much longer.

2 Likes

Yeah im thinking maybe tonight, as 2 of them have roots that are sticking out and extending way out the bottom of the rockwool

2 Likes

Went ahead and put the babies in the net pots so they can start establishing their roots in the hydroton. Left the top of rockwool visible so i can see how moist/dry it is.
Going to start top feeding now. Will fill RDWC system with 5.8ph water and 300ppm of nutes and turn the chiller on today. :slight_smile:

If anyone has advice they can give me on anything at this stage, it is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes