First time grow...yellow leaves

Vivosun 3x3x6 tent. Humidity between 65%-68% and temps between 73°-77°. Granddaddy purp auto from ilgm.com and the peet plugs from apotforpot.com. The seedling have been under light for 12 days at 18/6 light periods. Approximately 20" from light. I do make sure i am not overwatering. The other 3 seedling seem to be doing great. I plan on transferring plugs into the 2 gallon grow pot kit from apotforpot.com this sunday. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Transplant today. 12 days is to long in that peat pot. I hate those things for cannabis. I’m almost sure that’s where your problem lies. Controlling water (to wet or to dry) is impossible with those things.

5 Likes

PH of what you’re watering and intensity of the light? :love_you_gesture:

It’s best in pods once they start coming up transplant them as @Dexterado said

2 Likes

Welcome @andfranplau90
I’d guess that your seedlings are suffering from piss poor peat pots! I’d say lol but I hate that. Seriously, are they too wet in those white cups that hold on to the moisture? You should carefully get them in final planting pots or ground. If pots, water outside the width of the leaves so as to require them to stretch for the water.

1 Like

Not sure on the ph. Light intensity 5000k led? I think

Definitely want to invest in a reliable pH meter. Either BlueLab or Apera.

Gonna need a good bit more info on that. Make and model?

Lastly, welcome aboard!! Lots of great people here with tons of knowledge and tips on making the grow go well. Good luck and happy growing!!!

2 Likes

Spider Farmer sf1000. Have set at 50%.

Welcome to the community. :+1:

1 Like

That light is really only 100w from the wall. It’ll be ok the first few days, maybe couple of weeks, but then your girls will start stretching like crazy looking for light. You’ll need far more lighting for 4 plants. What size space are you growing in?

All autos. Growing 4 of them. 3x3x6 grow space. That light claims to be 3x3 vegetative and 2x2 flowering. So i should be ok for now. I do have a vivosun vs1000 and that claims to be a 3x3 flowering light. Im in the hospital now with my wife so i will get to planting those seedlings tomorrow and start adjusting light intensity, distance, temp, and humidity and i plan on getting a ph meter soon.

This may help: ILGM Grow Support Ticket
It’s far easier to offer help when the variables are known.

-Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
Indoor

-Otigin of seeds?
ILGM Grandaddy purp

-Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
Auto

-Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
Tap. Will have ph kit soon. (Late to the party)

-PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
???
-Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro,
Aquaponics. Please explain.
Soil base, coco husk. Soil base 1/3 bottom of
pot. Coco husk the rest of the pot.

-Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
Diatomaceous earth, rooting booster and perlite mixed in with the coco husk.

-What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please
elaborate.
LED SF1000. 18/6. Half light intensity for seedlings. Now after re-potting today i will be increasing light intensity. Light distance for seedlings was about 16 inches. Now the intensity of the light has been increased to 75%.

-What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
Day/77 Night/74 Not much fluctuations. Have
heater in tent.

-What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
68%-70% All day

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
Humidifier

-Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
4 inch ac infinity exhaust With ac infinity 6 inch.
blow fan

-Co2 Yes / No?
No…But can supplement if needed (need advice on that)

-How long have you been growing?
13 days

-What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
At it. Dont want to spend too much more

If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir

One small thing; I’d run that light at 18-20” for the first week or till she recovers. Also RH 65-70% is OK but not so good for flowering. After flowering for a week or 2 the RH should drop to 40-50%. I’m running 35-50% after one week showing buds. That light will flower a 2 ft. square space at 12” from the buds.

I feel like I will have to use the other light as well for flowering. I have dropped the relative humidity to 50% for now

50% is good all the way through till harvest. I like to run a bit lower later in flower especially, to avoid the massive disappointment if bud rot. Lower temps toward the end (harvest window) is helpful as well.

1 Like