First time grow with White Widow Auto. (More seeds incoming)

Sounds good, the FF nutrients suggest routine flushing with sledgehammer. That’ll definitely remove the salt built up and beneficial microbes. They also make a product called Boomerang to follow up with and additionally helps with plants under stressful conditions. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Our best laid plans, often need adjustment.
I’m on my 1st WWA grow too. I have a tent that is 24"x36"x53" or very small.
I started 3 WWA’s and transplanted into 3 gallon pots.
As the plants started to get bigger, I realized I may have bitten off more than I could chew.
What does that mean? Take a look at the 1 WWA I kept in my tent:

1 WWA at 41 days old

If you prune and train your plants like I do 6 or 7 plants in 4 gal aint gonna fit!

You don’t need that many anyways if you get nice big buds!
Can you move some of them outside? It might be getting a little late for that.
Oh, the middle pics are at day 41 from dropping the seeds in water!

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy this is the Mykos for water mixing I mentioned earlier.

Holy crap lol she is a beauty though. Well if the white widows come out like that then yeah i won’t be able to fit that many. I thought maybe 2 feet for the tallest and not that wide. Most of the autos I’ve seen on the videos I’ve watched haven’t gotten that big so that’s what i was basing my expectations from. But guess i will just have to see now after your pics. Might do a staggered grow.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll check out the sledgehammer i did see that on the feeding chart on their site.
Also how much mycorrhizae do you use per gallon?

Here is the link to the start of my 1st Auto grow with all the trials and tribulations up to this point.

I have put these autos through some tough times, but none got stunted. Today day 42 for those final bud pics. Means i should have another 4-6 weeks before she finishes. Can you imagine how big those buds will be after another 30-45 days??? I’m getting excited about how she might turn out!

1 Like

Excited for you. And thanks i will check it out now. Definitely want to see how they progress. Can’t wait until my babies hopefully get that big.

1 Like

There is much debate about how to treat Autos…
I’ve only ever done photos but plants are plants, right?
If you properly plan the structure of your plant you can really increase yields in my experience.
I basically treated her the way I would any other photo plant.
I have 10 main branches off the main root stem. All were super-cropped, note knuckles on branches.
So early on I started pruning and I FIM’ed her at the 5th node, for my 10 main branches.
So many say, you don’t do stuff like that to Autos or you’ll stunt them. WTF did I know?
I just treated her like I would any other that I wanted to maximize my bud yield from.
I’m not gonna change the way I grow because someone says “Auto this or Auto that”!
Sometimes I have to learn things the hard way, but then at least I know for sure how it goes.
So if you want your girls to look like mine than make a plan for the structure of your plants and just do it!
You could top your babies at 2 nodes and just have 4 main branches to work with. It’s up to you.
The plant will respond and grow the way you force it to go! Don’t be afraid to mess up.
You can always buy more seeds.

1 Like

1/2 teaspoon of Mykos

1 Like

Topped and fim autos, you’re correct on the recovery time, not truly growth stunt just slightly delayed. I suggest topping over fimming. Autos fimmed at least in my experience are the slowest to recover and very bushy making training difficult for several weeks. I grossed over 9 zips on 4 auto skittlez in a closet 31” x 38” last run :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I had not heard of FIMing before, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
But a plant that is properly FIM’ed will have 4 tops off the FIM location, correct?
Mine turned out like a typical topping with just 2 branches forming.
If I knew how to FIM correctly I’d have wound up with a dirty dozen main branches instead of 10. LOL

3 Likes

The clear trays aren’t good for the plants roots, they need darkness (on the roots) for them to grow properly. Welcome to the community! have fun, an I hope your grows are all successful.

2 Likes

Think I’m just gonna try some LST and selective defoliation on them to open up bud sites. Won’t top until i know exactly how the strain performs. If it is a tall or stocky and gauge how long it takes for them to flower.

Yes on the 4 tops, fim (F**k I missed) I always thought that meaning was cool and funny. Anyway, when I top and want more bud sites I bend her over mid point of the main and tie her down. Anchor the opposite side 1st for support and all the lower branches and future bud sites will grow vertical for that light :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

What do you think of his 6 and 2 light schedule? In theory it makes perfect sense. The plant still gets 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark. Also makes sense that plants would droop down after hours of intense light and heat, so why not give them a break to recover. I think this could only work for auto as they don’t need a set light pattern to flower.
Thought?

I was running a 6/2 schedule on my last auto run and they were exploding with growth. Then thrips came along, I fought them for about 2-3 weeks and finally tossed the whole run. Got 6 more with tails going in solo cups for 12-14 days and then to the big house. I’ll run 6/2 on these too. @MeEasy turned me into that schedule :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Yes thank you . I have some ww seeds coming with an order I a waiting on . This will be a big help when i am ready to start mine. I have been reading on here now for about a week. Nothing but great advice freely giving. Not like it was 25 or so years ago. I am still a new grower with 1 season under my belt.

1 Like

Yep it was me all me I did it, I totally came up with the idea :bulb: to share the 6/2 schedule with you that I learned from my buddy @Axemanjake23

4 Likes

Pass it along :love_you_gesture:

Welcome to the neighborhood @Dhooter most of us are here for knowledge some we give some we take this is a great place to be 4sure

2 Likes