First time grow w/GDP

Hello guys. I bought some ILGM GDP autos and went to pop 2 of them. Both popped. FFOF soil [3 gal. Plastic pots] 2x2x4 tent with a 1000w LED. Tap water and pH to 6.3. Temps are always between 73F to 79F. [For the first 2 weeks temps was hitting 80F to 85F] Humidity does not go higher than 60% They are now in week 3 from planted on soil. And gave 1/2mL of Cal Mag and 1/2 Grow Big per gal. [FF Trio]

This is the sick one. Need help on this on this one since i treated both equally.

e.

This is the healthy one

3 Likes

I would not feed any nutrients when using FFOF for about 6 weeks it comes with enough nutrients

5 Likes

To the sick one or both? The healthy one took it like a champ and pick up the pace. But the sick one was already taking damage. I placed the nutrients after i saw the spots.
Im new to this im sorry if i ask too much.:skull:

1 Like

I don’t see a problem plants grow differently l would make sure your not overwatering and keep the water ph at around 6.5 and you should be fine I’ll tag in a couple @PurpNGold74 @Budz

3 Likes

When in doubt, don’t change anything. If one plant acts different, concentrate on that plant and any possibly different thing concerning it. If all things are equal at this point in the grow, I’d write differences off to either genetics or insects (or both). That little bit of damage on that one leaf would not be unexpected for me. IT happens. It won’t get better. As long as it’s not spreading to other leaves, it won’t be an issue. Keep an eye on it. The grower’s shadow is probably the single most beneficial thing for your grows. Your plants all look healthy. I wouldn’t change a thing.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t be feeding any nutes with ffof to any of them for at least 5- 6 weeks sure it might be OK a couple of times but it’s not needed and will eventually be too much.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you guys for the advice.

Only feed it once. Since im not sure if they was too little for the punch.

2 Likes

Does this go for Sohum Living soil as well? Im new as well i only purchased great white and recharge am i going to need more and what is recharge for? I figured it was to recharge your soil and great white mic for the roots

1 Like

Yes living soil has what it needs and by using recharge you feed the microbes similar to using compost teas I don’t use recharge I use teas @anon86641082 and @oldmarine would be better to answer that question

3 Likes

I believe so. The thing about organic grows is you are feeding the soil, not the plant.

3 Likes

Like the others said no nutes just water.

1 Like

You can put some mycorrhizae and or tribus to add some microbes

2 Likes

I was going to use the great white on the roots from seedling to 7gall fabric pot. I’m hoping to use only 5gall of sohum soil, I went with bigger pots thinking I could always use less but can’t add more if it’s too small. I hope I’m ok doing this I don’t see why not. As far as recharge I seen a lot of good reviews and I figured it was to recharge your soil but I’m not sure now how to use it or what it is I only have about a oz of it. I see people using one or other but not both I hope it helps out I’m not sure.

1 Like

Not familiar with recharge. I make my own soil and use great white mycorrhizae and tribus. I also use molasses to feed the microbes. I do start my plants in ffof for 6 weeks then transplant into my soil right about when all the nutes are used up in ffof.

2 Likes

I believe tribus and recharge are similar products somebody correct me if I’m wrong

3 Likes

Similar. Tribus comes with more microbes and a larger variety. Recharge has some essentials and a carb load (sugars to feed the microbe herd.

I use Recharge and Tribus together.

@PurpNGold74 what do you think the advantage is over making a tea

1 Like

I know exactly what Im getting. Teas imo are more for organic nutrient solutions. Id make a tea for the fish emuls I use and add recharge/tribus to the end if I had a bubbler. The aeration would help propagate the microbes and make sure the nutes are at there most availability… if that makes sense.

I dont have the equipment to make teas but its definitely a beneficial thing to have. As I said, if I had it, id add microbes to the tea.

My soil isnt ‘living soil’ persay. But I do what I can to keep it ‘alive’. No chemicals (salt based nutes nor ph up or down). As consistently damp as I can muster (not saying much). Weekly microbe boosts.

3 Likes

Yeah your right if I had those I would add them the more the merrier when it comes to microbes thanks was just curious if there some advantage when I go to my local supplier I look at the bottle of fish shit a wonder will 45 bucks actually get me something

2 Likes

I say go for it! I love the way my plants bounce back after feeds. And im fish emul guy. Nothing but Alaska Fish Emul and a lil BuildASoil Fish hydroxylate. Few epsoms and micro nutes sprinkled in… and of course the microbes. Havent tried the Fish :poop:! tho

I always wantd to try great white but tribus is expensive enough… haha. Mykos and Azos is another brand. Hell someone on here made their own microbes. Brewing teas… and the convo went full circle

2 Likes