First time grow, trouble in flowering

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
ILGM Super Lemon Haze

Age from Sprout:
Week 7 flower, grew from seed (seed dropped June 1st)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
Hydro
27 gallon tote with 6in net pot
27 gallon tote reservoir
active aqua 1/10 HP water chiller

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
Res change each week

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
5.9-6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
1137 TDS

Indoor or Outdoor:
Indoor 48x48x80 tent

Light system, size and height from plants:
Vivosun 600 Watt HPS MH

Temps; Day, Night:
Day = 75
Night 60-70

Humidity; Day, Night:
Humidity varies from 50-62%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
Yes 6" cloudnine T6 inline duct hooked up to carbon filter for exauhst

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
none runnning

Co2; Yes, No:
No

Nutrient type:
Advanced Nutrients perfect ph Grow Micro Bloom
Big bud (week 1-6)
bug candy (week 1 - current_
B-52 (week 3-current)
Overdrive (week 7-current)
voodoo juice (week 1-2 only)

First off Hello and a big thanks to everyone getting me this far! This is my first post but I’ve been lurking for months and months and reading up on everything I can.

Im In week 7 of flowering on my first grow and I noticed some trouble last week. I do my weekly res change and feeding but this time around I noticed some yellowing on the tips, curling, browning. This started at the top of the plant and hasnt made it way down the plant. I think I caught/stopped whatever in time.?

I have been comparing my leaves to the charts I saw on here about excess/deficiency and Im not sure what exactly it could be. I did remove a bunch of the leaves in question and did a midweek res change to try and stop whatever was happening. Its been about a week since that happened and although I dont think the problem is getting worse, it doesnt appear to be getting better. The grow schedule says flower for 9 weeks and being at week 7 I would hate to lose that precious bud fattening stage that I think should be happening.

I have pictures I will post to assist with the description.

9 Likes

How far is light from canopy of plants?

Looks like slight nute burn to me. Since you are almost through flower are you tapering off your nute schedule?

Not a hydro grower though so I may be wrong.

2 Likes

Use less n

Add p and k

Ppm900 to 1000 should work great.

Lights to 18" from top of canopy to prevent burn. Looks like light burn.

I have 3 journals if you want to see a bumbling beginner go from pails to tubs to current culture rdwc.

3 Likes

Hello, first off welcome to the community

I’m a hydro grower, currently growing super silver haze. I’m currently on week 10 of flower and probably have another 2 - 3 weeks of flower left so forget the advertised flowering time. Get yourself a jewellers loupe from amazon so you can inspect the trichomes for a better expectation of when there ready to harvest.

Leaves curing up with be a heat issue. Your temps seem fine so most likely light stress. If height is an issue you can lose your light hangers and connect your rope ratchets directly to the light to gain more height between light and canopy.

Yellow tips is nute burn. Just add some fresh water to taper of the PPM. I change my res every 2 weeks. Some dont even change, just top unless they see issue.

The brown spots could be water droplets falling on the leaves. They act like a magnifyer to the light…but I may be wrong.

It wouldn’t hurt to hook up an intake to get some fresh oxygen in there. That will help with air flow, which will help prevent bud rot at this stage and also move the heat around in the tent to avoid heat issues.

Looking great do far. Try and get some close up pics and then zoom in to see the pistols and tricombes. I’ll add some pics so you know what I mean

3 Likes

Looking at your photos, without better close ups I’d say your at least 4 weeks or more away. Still bulked our with white pistols. Those buds are going to fatten up nicely.

Overall I wouldn’t worry too much. Your plants look nice and healthy. The nute burn isnt going to ruin your grow. Keep on top of the nutes and your be fine. I’d be more concerned about the light being to close causing heat stress. But that’s an easy fix. Just move it higher

Thanks for the tips. My lights are currently 15 inches above the plants. I can get an extra 4-5 inches by removing the light hanger and rigging it directly to the tent frame. I’ll try and rig that up later today and get better/closer pictures.

At this point in the plant’s life cycle it’s demands for nutes goes down. If TDS remains at previous level it would likely cause some tip burning. I see nothing that is a problem with your plant; you’ve done a good job.

I would dilute down to around 800 to 900 ppm and monitor changes in both PH and TDS over time. A drop in water level with little drop in nutrients or increase shows plant is getting ready to finish.

5 Likes

Picked up a jewelers loupe and tried to grab a few pictures.

1 Like

Update… since my last post I cut the nutes intake in half for the next 2 weeks, which brought the PPM down to about 650 range. Since Saturday I did a water change and just gave it RO water. My PPM showed about 150. PH has been hovering around 5.7… it dipped down to 5.5 for a little. The weather has been giving me problems and for the last week, maybe a little longer my temps were in the 50 range at night and 70 with my lights on.
I took more pictures last night which would put this plant at 68 days (almost 10 weeks flowering). I dont see any amber trichomes but they look mostly cloudy to me with some clear. I still see some white hairs on the top of the buds but further down looking darker.

How much longer does this need do you think? Im going for an energetic uppity type buzz but I dont want to chop it too soon before its mature.