First time grow/random off the wall idea

Some of your lower leaves are starting to look questionable , what’s your pH like…

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I would personally get rid of anything close enough to touch to soil but that’s it very lower leaves then leave it to grow

2 Likes

Looks like it could be nutrient burn also when watering because those leaves are pretty close to the soil but a pH check definitely at least you didn’t butcher it like I did on my first indoor

let it grow let it grow let it grow I was very lucky I didn’t stress the plant out bad enough to injure it but it was close and still ran out of room by the time it was done

1 Like

hey @OOBrien89 take some pics of the inner branches. thats where your going to determine sex. other then that she looks pretty good. if you want you can remove any lower leaves that are down by the soil . it looked like a few of the lower leaves were starting to yellow/brown and for those leaves that you think are dyeing its usually better to remove them.

1 Like

@peachfuzz and @Hogmaster
It’s probably more likely to be a pH issue for me lol, I haven’t had the money to buy nutrients yet (car needed brakes all around :frowning: ) so she’s only been getting straight water. I’ll be heading to wal-mart sometime tonight and hopefully find some pH strips.

@Countryboyjvd1971 Alright good to know, wasn’t sure if it would harm her or not to cut the 2 leaves off.

@pbs86 Thank you! I’ll take a few later today and post them up. I’ve read a little bit on pre determining sex, haven’t spotted too much yet but I’m probably wrong lol. as with the leaves, thats what I was hoping for, Those 2 main ones tend to get in the way of watering too lol.

1 Like

Sorry, been a couple of days Heres a few pictures of of the inner branches for @pbs86 I would of taken more but the phone was dying and camera was being a lil weird with a low battery lol.

No wide pictures yet, I’ll get some of those later today.

1 Like

@OOBrien89 it looks really good right now but its still a day or two early to know for sure but it looks female right now. you should know for certain in another day or 2 at most

2 Likes

@pbs86 I was starting to think the same thing, I did a little research last night on male vs female and I haven’t spotted any pollen sacs yet, buddy of mine was telling me I sould probably switch to flowering stage by the end of the week, I just need to get another pack of 2700k bulbs cause I had a mishap with a pack and they all broke lol.

I was also told to switch to 2700k bulbs gradually, Like swap out 4 of the bulbs for 2700k and have 4 6500k for a week then swap out another 2 6500k bubs and leaving it like that for the rest of flowering. would that be a good idea?

2 Likes

@OOBrien89 mine have been under half and half since they were in flower and it has worked out great. i would keep a 50/50 mix of the 2700k and the 6500k that way you get the most of the color spectrum as possible with the cfls. thats just my opinion and what i have in my set up. i have a total of 14 total cfl’s and now im waiting on the ups guy to show up with my led’s

1 Like

@pbs86 Well shoot, if thats the case I wouldn’t need to actually go out and get another pack of bulbs then, cause I still have 1 pack of 2700k left. I just assumed at first they all needed to be 2700k for flowering lol.

no you will still need both because the white lights, the 5500 to 6500k gives you one type spectrum and the 2700k is the yellowish/redish color which is another spectrum. Basically the white looking bulbs are for foliage growth and the red/yellow light helps with flowering. so yeah if you have a 50/50 mix then i would not worry about spending any more money. you should be set. others may have different opinions but this is what i have learned and it works great for me.

2 Likes

My Fiance took the liberty of taking pictures for me last night. Was actually wondering if these little spots I’m seeing on these really close pictures is a bad or a good thing?

2 Likes

Good thing, those are thrichomes

4 Likes

Frosty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are a good sign brother :+1:
@Majiktoker beat me to it but tricombes are good :blush: lol

2 Likes

Good thing to hear, wasn’t sure cause I read on here about someone having some kind of soil issue leaving little spots on his leaves. Training is becoming a hassle though lol, I’ll move and bend the stems down and throw a bread tie on them but it’ll push the tie down the stem as it’s reaching up, I don’t wanna put the tie tight around the stem but I’m running out of ideas lol.

1 Like

2 weeks since an update, wow lol, Kinda had a bad 2 weeks here, still kept up on the plant though. I had a few more leaves that had to be trimmed off since then and have switched to a flower schedule going on almost 2 weeks now and I hadn’t taken a real good look at her except for the peeks when the lights would turn on and off. (Have to close the cabnet at light off lol) Found a bunch of pistils! I kinda freaked out like a little school girl when I was finally convinced, don’t judge, lol.

This is week 8 since plant, 2 days shy of week 2 of flowering schedule.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Halfway there!!

1 Like

Nice :+1: looking good brother :grin:
Will be looking forward to more update as your buds stack up big and high :sunglasses:CB

2 Likes

Still going strong, not too much of a difference yet, Heres a few pictures I included, Also was wondering, is it ok to LST while in the flowering stage or no? I can’t bring my plant any lower than it is in the cabnet and can only raise my lights maybe another 4-5 inches, was starting to worry about them growing into the light.

A few pictures as promised.

2 Likes