First time Grow! open for advice, guidance, and support!

Hey everyone! First time Grow/post. Looking for help, advice, support, info, anything to help! My goal (as well as most people’s I assume) is to have great quality, as in the best I can, affordably as it’s my first grow, as well as a good yield, hoping for 1lb per light, hoping!
Here is my setup at the moment
2x4 GG tent (babies/veg)
5x5 HydroFarm tent (veg/possible flower)
4x8 GG tent (flower)

2x Magnum XXXL hoods with 1000w HPS in 4x8 for flower (debating on only using 600w, advice on that would be great!)
1x Magnum XXXL hood with 1000w HPS in 5x5 (dimmed to 600w for veg)
2x 2 Light T5s for seedlings/cuttings/early veg in 2x4
*also used 1x 400w for my 2x4…have both available, don’t know which is better.

GROWING IN SOIL
Switching back to Fox Farms Ocean Forest.
(I had the seedlings in FFOF and FFLW 1:1 for about a month, then some genius told me to switch to MG natures care…which I think was a horrible decision because since then, I moved them to 600 lights a few days later and since then, nothing but problems starting. It’s been a little over a week.)

Also going to be trying out the whole FF fertilizer feeding lineup, just to stick with the company and see the results! :slight_smile:
Strain is Unknown but it has Fire OG x Bubba Kush x Sour D x Jack H x Blue Dream

Thanks in advance! Stay Blessed friends :pray:t4:
I’ll be posting pics because now I’m 1 month and 6 days from the day I started Germinating.

2 Likes

2 days after sprouting

3 Likes

5 days after first pic

7 Likes

They look healthy to me.

Found bugs 5/25, one week after last pic, treated with Captain Jacks Deadbug, did the trick, without shock, and still transplanted the next day

1 Like

Before and after transplant to 1 gal 5/27
The wet on the leaves is the Captain Jacks

6 Likes

I recently read that dimming a ballast down (i.e. 1000w to 600w) will also change the spectrum of the light. I don’t know if that’s true or not but maybe something to look into. Either way, if your looking to maximize yield, you’ll want to stick with 1000w. If you want to save money then go with 600w. Jorge Cervantes says that 600w HID has more lumens per watt than any other HID light making it the most economical. People get pretty great results with both though so it all depends on what you want out of it.

Your grow looks great. Keep at it!

2 Likes

2 Likes

PASTE: This "Support Ticket" into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Looks like your having a Lil problem, fill this out and we can get you straightened out
@Mr.Chrontini

Support Ticket :slight_smile: @Nug-bug

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Dreaming Sour x Starburst
First time breeding done by a friend of mine

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

Soil FFOF in 5 gal pots

System type?

Not sure what that means, but first time, so I don’t know much, wanted to keep it simple, but I like the way this strain can be, so I wanted to try a nute setup for my soil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

Runoff was 5.8 after I transplanted into the 5 gal pots this morning 6/13, did the mix wrong, I thought if I made my water going in at Ph of 7, it would buffer out…

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

No nutes right now, I was going to try the Fox Farms 12 pack to see…my friend who bred this used General hydro

Indoor or Outdoor

Indoor Apartment grow, 3 tents
2x4, 5x5, 4x8

Light system, size?

Debating. I have 1000w Magnum XXXL hoods with lights and I have Galaxy Dimmable ballast, I had them verging for 3 weeks in T5s then went 400w for a week, then up to 600w this last week, don’t know what’s best to use, so any advice welcomed.

Temps; Day, Night

77f - 87f day , 66f - 77f night

Humidity; Day, Night
40-60 day and night average 44

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

1 6" 430 CFM fan pulling air in, through hood, ducted out through another 430 CFM fan pulling air out venting out top of tent
And 2 smaller fans, just 6" whatever fans

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

House AC, no

Co2; Yes, No

No

Thank you for your help, I have most info, and some other info on my very first post, how I went to different soils, started in FFOF with LW then went to MG Natures Care, and jut went back to FFOF in their final pots because I think the Natures care was no good. Thanks!!

1 Like

@Mr.Chrontini

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but are you saying that your intake fan is ducted straight to your light hood, then ducted straight to you exhaust fan and then exits the tent in a closed loop without actually pulling any air into the tent itself?

Yes, you are reading correctly :confused: :sweat:

By doing it that way you are not exchanging any air in your tent. That should work great for controlling the light heat, but you need a exhaust fan to pull the air out of the top of the tent itself. If you were to have a intake fan pulling air in, and a separate exhaust fan pulling air out, you could probably get those 87deg. high temps down quite a bit.
Your plants need fresh oxygen to breath just like you do.

Exhaust fan pulling air out of tent, connected to filter inside the tent,
I use a LED light so I don’t have to duct air to it to keep it cool.

Intake fan pulling fresh air into tent.

2 Likes

@Rugar89 thanks! So I just did that, I un did my ducting from the intakeand routed it so it just sucks in the tent, and the open end of the hood is taking in fresh air to cool it, sound better?
Also, if I keep my AC on, the temps are around 77, I just got home and it was 77 with 50 humidity

2 Likes

Well ffof is ph 6.3-6.8 so if you put in 7 and run off was 5.8 , it’s just ffof and nothing else? Huh🤔
Have you made sure your Ph. Meter is calibrated properly?
@Mr.Chrontini

1 Like

Bulbs are designed to run at their rated watts that means to get best spectrum for watts used it works best to switch bulbs. The gases in the bulbs are meant to hit certain temps so lowering watts reduces temps not letting gases work correctly they will work dimmed but not nearly as well

2 Likes

So there was some drainage in the tent last night, I put the Ph meter in that, and it read 6.7-6.1 …I have nothing else in the FFOF, besides the little bit of Natures care that was on the plant roots when I transplanted…not sure if the meter is off…I just got it, reads 7.5 for Arrowhead, so I thought that was right, but I think it’s supposed to be 7 in arrowhead? Anyways, they are looking happier now that they are in the FFOF…but I do have to say, the ones I had on Natures care had twice the roots compared to the ones on FFOF…

Totally understood, so I can put a 600w bulb in the magnum right??