First time grow - Nutrient burn or Deficiency?

What nutrients and in what amounts did you add to your res per gallon? Are you supplementing calmag?

1 Like

I am using the Flora series, I added 1/2 tsp/gal and I’ve got a 14 gallon res for those three… and then I did 1tsp/gal calimagic. I’m thinking because they’re autos I need to take down the nutes but with the spots… idk what’s going on there.

@Bogleg uses Flora series and could let you know if that’s enough. I’m thinking you’re a little light on the calmag in hydro

1 Like

Even with it being an auto?

Half strength would be 1.25ml per gallon so up it to 1.5-2ml would be my suggestion

Matty I am using 1 TSP/gal CalMag which is 5ml per gallon. And nutes I’m using 2.5ml/gal.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I read that wrong then, my fault.

Is your plant going through a lot of water?

What is your RH and temp?

I never go above 5ml/gal on Calimagic… I usually start out at 2.5ml then by mid-veg I am up to and stay at 5ml/gal. I only use the Micro and Bloom nutes, and normally run them at 2ml/4ml in early veg, 4ml/8ml after two weeks in veg until flower, then 8ml/16ml for late veg and all through flower. Calimagic and Armor Si at 5ml/gal for the entire grow except the first month.

During flower I add in Liquid Koolbloom.

3 Likes

Current RH is 50% and current temp is 76F. It’s not going through a lot of water, I maybe have to top off once during the week. I change my res weekly. I changed res Sunday with new nutes: 2.5ml of Micro, Bloom, Gro & 5ml CaliMagic. This is almost week 4 now, I think it’s late veg? I’m not familiar with the stages quite yet esp growing autos. I’m still doing 18/6 too. First two weeks I was hand watering until the roots reached down fully and was also running Rapid Root Start.

The spots pictured above are only on my Sweet Tooth :woman_facepalming:t2: maybe I have an excess of K?

Green Crack vs ST

ST Leaves

Roots

1 Like

UPDATE: My plants are quite big now… I changed my nutrient ratio the the same above. Just using CalMag, Micro and Bloom 3/4/8 and a little LiquidKool as they have begun to start the flowering stage.

I am seeing a bit of curling leaves on/around the bud sites and now there are a handful of leaves with white spots that almost look to glisten a little.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

What do you think @MattyBear @dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty @latewood i am not a hydro grower but i am sure these guys and girls will help you out.
What are your temps?

1 Like

Definitely not a hydro grower. But I’d be curious as to what temp and humidity are like? Also water temps if this is hydro setup?

3 Likes

Twisting leaves is usually a sign of something off at the roots. More info would be helpful :v::bear:

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not a hydro grower, either.

1 Like

Reservoir water temp, airation, water level, water source… ?

1 Like

Water temp is 69, temp is 76, RH is 47 currently.

1 Like

And your PH and PPMs?

2 Likes

Also, what kind of lights are you running? And how far are they from the plant(s)?

1 Like

My pH is 5.89 and my PPM of my res is currently 747

Lights are 1200 LED in a 3x3x6, they’re currently about this far away from my plants

Here are pics of the roots this am:

Green Crack

Sweet Tooth

1 Like