First time grow Northern Lights auto and blueberry auto

Looks to be over feeding so flush them and give it 650 ppm food next feeding then go to 900 ppm for the feeding after that then do full str on 6th feeding so food half str then plain water then food at 900 ppm then plain water and last is full str ppm. The yellow leaves are not going to recover but leave them on till new growth is good then remove the yellows

1 Like

This plant wants N. I have a strain that wants it in flower too. Look at them in the same stage

Don’t give it to them. The other thing that causes that is underwatering or rootbound. At the stage your at. Just make sure she stays hydrated.

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty I have so much to learn. I will eventually get it right. looking at your grows, I’m thinking your more of a green thumb and im more of a black thumb.

All plants want nitro In flower it’s just not as high in demand

1 Like

I agree on feeding mid flower ppm should be in the 1800-2000 range like @raustin mentioned
Also remember as they finish up the first few pictures they will start to loose the older fan leaves
Keep the ph in proper range and feed second plant
I use all three of the dey trio and add it as a supplement to the remo nutrients i use
That stuff is great :+1:

3 Likes

I’m sorry u are getting so many different opinions. That sucks. The downfall of a public forum. Google everything people are telling u and make your best decision. U can see and touch the plants that helps.

Happy growing.

2 Likes

Yes and flower nutes have what they need. Some plants want more just like any other nute or macro nute. They all like their food seasoned the way they want it.

2 Likes

Just like a kid lol

2 Likes

Yep ketchup no mustard. Mayo not miracle whip. Plants are the same

2 Likes

Bahahahaha! Thanks for that, but blackthumbbetty definitely fits me!

2 Likes

And I agree it’s a little hungry which could b a rootbound issue. What size pot?

3 Likes

In cloth pots you dont get root bound fyi

1 Like

That’s not entirely true. I have had plants fill the soil with roots and grow through them into other pots and into the ground. It becomes like growing in coco and they get hungry very quick. Not enough soil to hold the nutes to feed a massive root system.

1 Like

I definitely have always gone light on the nutes, with all I’ve read, I have always been afraid to burn them up. I usually water every 2-3 days, depending on how much they drink. for future grows, I am going to start using 5 gallon fabric pots. These are in 3 gallons. I am also going to do a little sewing and make a velcro fabric flab to get to the bottom for my slurry tests.

3 gallons should b fine. 5 can’t hurt. My philosophy is I feed until the tips are just slightly nute burned and I hold there.

Hungry plants are grumpy ones. Again like kids

1 Like

I am running a 16 plant scrog right now and some are in 1 gallon fabric pots and they are showing yellow leaves and need to b fed every day almost. The soil is spent and AN veg nutes gave them nice full roots. Now they are yellow like that.

The one in the back the only difference is the size pot

2 Likes

Cloth pots air prune the roots which prevents roots from becoming bound
With tha said it is possible to fill the pit with roots but its not technically root bound if your watering and feeding properly you roots will not be hunting for the nutrients and or water
And one gallon pots for phots is way too small
So yeah your roots will fill it up
Autos min 2 gallon 5 is smallest i wouls eun on s photo

2 Likes

I wasn’t being technical. Just saying too many roots for the amount of soil can create that issue. I would call that rootbound. Might not b technically.

Can’t run a full gallon of nutes through a small pot it won’t hold it. U can’t feed enough for what they want.

1 Like

It’s a clone sog. 1 gallon is standard.

1 Like

I’ve thought about going to coco but I need to get this soil growing down, coco requires a lot more ph control than what I seem to have so far. I am going to go ahead and feed them as soon as they dry our a bit more. I’m pretty good at not over or under watering. That I have managed not to screw up. The nutes and the PH balance are my biggest issues in the past ( not including the outdoor disasters) Hopefully the new growth will look good and no further spreading of the yellow leaves. Thanks everyone for the help and advise.

1 Like