First time grow Northern Lights auto and blueberry auto

I suppose another option would be to get a Y vent hose thingy and vent it straight out and up the chimney. My tent exhaust has a filter but I still run it out the chimney

But then again I couldn’t have as much control of air flow through the tub that way. Always open to opinions and suggestions :+1:

2 Likes

A cardboard box, with the vent/fan, would probably be a safer bet. With your plastic tub, you’ll want to take the lid off & mix around the herb, inside…or turn the tub on its side (vent hole up) & hang the drying stems inside the tub.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty I have 2 curtain rods hung in the top so I can hang the buds up. She is an auto flower so not a large quantity. They will all hang nicely without touching each other with airflow around them. Thanks for your suggestions. I think cardboard box would work too. I may have to make a larger cardboard box one for future hopefully larger harvests. :v:

1 Like

A lot of people dry their harvests in cardboard boxes. It helps ensure a slow dry, but helps prevent mold, as well. I, personally wet trim, hang across a clothesline for 5-7 days, snip off the buds and put them into cardboard shoeboxes for 3-5 days, then jar for curing.

Do you have a hygrometer inside your drying box?

1 Like

Yes I do have a hygrometer in the box. I have used brown paper bags on the past between hanging dry and jar cure. I might just switch over to the cardboard box idea. Thanks

Please help. My amnesia hase autoflower has been developing a few discolored leaves with brown spots. It was just one leaf 1-2 weeks ago now it’s 3 leaves affected. Soil is FFHF in 5 gallon fabric pots.
My thoughts are potassium deficiency, magnesium deficiency or a recent pH problem that is hopefully now resolved. On 8/28 I watered with pH 6.39 TDS 273 EC 21.4 ( my well water after sitting about 48 hours then ph’d ) her run off was ph 7.25, TDS 1067, ec 20.8 I watered again with 1/2 gallon of pH 6.25 and my run off was ph 6.85, TDS 964 EC 20.4.
On 8/31 I did a slurry test. Her pH was 6.6 TDS 1837 EC 23.4. I fed her 1/2 gallon with 1/2 tsp FFGB 1tsp FFTB pH 6.33 TDS 584 her run off was pH 6.77 TDS 1149 EC 20.6
Today her slurry pH was 6.48 TDS 1277 EC 21.8
I gave her distilled pH water of 6.5 her run off pH was 6.58 TDS 300 EC 21.0 which tells me she is hungry
I always have had pH problems with my grows (only 4 prior grows under my belt :joy:) I’ll get the hang of it I hope. Also I did sprinkle 2 tsp of gypsum on soil back on 7/24.
So do y’all think these discolored leaves are the result of my pH problem which maybe caused nutrient lock out or just plain deficiency of something. I’m slowly learning. Thanks for all your help guy’s and gals. Your the best :slightly_smiling_face::v:

Today’s pic. Next pic is from 8/31

Thanks again for the help. @MattyBear @blackthumbbetty @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin

1 Like

I think you’re on the right track with ph lockout. Looks like calcium deficiency due to lockout. Definitely not too bad at the moment, but keep an eye on it :v:

1 Like

Thanks @MattyBear, your always so helpful :slightly_smiling_face::v::heart: I will feed her as normal with 1/2 strength next watering.

1 Like

I appreciate that @GreenJewels! Be sure to tag me if you need anything as I’m only checking tags mostly right now because I’m so damn busy haha :v:

1 Like

I agree with @MattyBear, calcium deficiency. Just keep that Ph in check and you should be fine.

2 Likes

1 Like

Good morning everyone :slightly_smiling_face: Update on my 8 week old autoflowers. Sunshine (Northern lights auto) received more LST the past couple days. Both were fed today.
Daydream (amnesia haze auto) Surry results this morning PH 6.4 TDS 1118 EC 20.4
She was fed 3 quarts with 1 Tbsp ff big Bloom, 1/2tsp grow big and 1 tsp tiger bloom per gallon PhD at 6.5
Run off pH 6.7, TDS 1149, EC 21.0
Sunshines slurry was PH 6.45, TDS 658, EC 21.2
She was fed 3 quarts with 2Tbsp FF big Bloom, 1tsp tiger bloom per gallon PhD at 6.5 . Her run off were PH 6.74, TDS 1005 EC 20.3
Here are pics. Sunshine

And Daydream, she’s 2 days younger but progressing faster.

I’m not understanding why my run off pHs were higher than the slurry ( Which sat for 14 hours) and higher than what was put in. Anyone able to enlighten me on that? Anyway, according to the chart I had found earlier on here says that at 6.7 they can absorb the calcium that the amnesia haze was previously locked out. Happy growing all and thanks for the help :v:

1 Like

Happy morning everyone! The 2 girls are growing great and the other is hanging. Got 5 hams cooking for a friend’s wedding later. It’s a productive morning already.
Giving the girls some pH water only today. Dancing in the grow room to one of my favorites
https://youtu.be/vLK55ShcTeQ
Have a great weekend. I will sure try :v:

2 Likes

@MattyBear @blackthumbbetty @raustin @BigDaddyCain @Countryboyjvd1971 @anon95385719
Here I go again, turning my girls yellow. Amazing how fast it happens. Can someone give me some advice please?
1st plant. 58 days since germinated. Amnesia Haze autoflower. Yesterday morning slurry pH was 6.25, TDS 584 and EC 21.8. I watered pH 6.54 TDS 265 (my well water TDS) EC 21.2
Run off pH was 6.7, TDS 523, EC 20.8
Here is how sad she looks today.

And my second plant. Northern lights autoflower, 60 days since germination. Yesterday morning slurry pH 5.93, TDS 1053, EC 21.4. gave her water yesterday morning, pH 6.6 TDS 278 EC 21.2 her run off was pH 6.7 TDS 597 EC 21.0
Here are pics of her

Both were last fed 9/5 ( journal entry is :arrow_up: up there.
I always deal with pH problems in my indoor grows. I need to learn what I’m doing wrong. I was using distilled white vinegar to bring my pH down in the past but I bought and have been using pH up and down since 8/28. I was hoping this would be a better way to stabilize my pH. Could it be my well water? A RO system just isn’t in the budget at the moment. I’m forking out a $650 down payment on my son’s braces Wednesday. I’m thinking of using only distilled water until I can save up for cheaper RO system. Oh that QB I’ve been admiring, will never be mine at this rate. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!! I really need to learn how to keep my pH stable.

1 Like

Your Ph is not that bad, just a tad low, but you seem to have it under control. Personally, I think they’re hungry. Get your PPM up to at least 1000 for flowering plants. I would be up to 2000 in mid flower.

2 Likes

If the ec is 2.0, the tds is already up to 1000ppm (or 1400ppm,depending on conversion factor used).

1 Like

Aquatic Life RO buddy is about $50 on Amazon.

2 Likes

You’re right, I forgot to convert. Still seems a little low for mid flower though.

3 Likes

Thanks @raustin My fear of over feeding so I do go low on the nutes . I will give them more nutes tomorrow. they still damp from yesterdays watering. sounds like this give me an excuse to go buy open sesame and cha ching to add to the mix. I have been looking at it every time i go to the produce stand/ greenhouse that carries it…lol

1 Like

I use both Open Seseme and Cha Ching and they work really well. Don’t worry about over feeding too much, you can push them quite a bit. I like to feed till I see some burnt tips and then I back off on nutes.

1 Like