First time grow Northern Lights auto and blueberry auto

@MattyBear @anon95385719 I fed her last 2 days ago. today shes still pretty wet so she isn’t taking in as much water as she was. I’ll keep her on water as she needs it and keep a close eye and then let her dry out, Glad I haven’t screwed up my other indoor or my outdoor…yet. Thanks

2 Likes

Give her a few ph’d water only flushes and get some of the salts flushed out or else you’ll have some harsh smoke. Water until you get 25-50% runoff a few times before harvesting and then let her dry out and always harvest before lights on. Stored nutrients in he plant make their way down to the roots at lights out and that will also help with the harshness of the finished product :v:

2 Likes

@MattyBear Thanks a bunch! I’m learning a lot. I’m glad you told me about harvesting before the lights come on, I never knew that. I’m not sure I understand “25-50% runoff” is that 25-50% of the amount of water I put in?

2 Likes

Say you run 2 gallons through, you’d wanna see around a half a gallon of runoff

1 Like

Here is an update of my girls. The NL is coming along nicely. shes the one with the green leaves :joy: The BB I accidentally tried to kill finally has some amber trichomes I’m happy to be learning @BigDaddyCain

" u will see them u can’t miss it"
You were right. I spoted them easily. I really appreciate all the wisdom and advise from everyone. @anon95385719 @MattyBear @raustin @Countryboyjvd1971 The BB wouldnt have survived without y’all :peace_symbol:

(upload://wFuLaKnbyLg4rTCnvN5jxfwfkFi.JPG)

4 Likes

@GreenJewels looking good I would harvest within a few days now they will have a smooth smoke and nice uplifting high. If you wait 2 days you will get a more relaxing high still nice taste not as smooth but still smooth. Any more then 4 days you will get that couch lock that some love and a harsher smoke so it’s up to your taste or your cust taste if you do that

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll be harvesting in a couple days. The BB is gonna be my daytime smoke and I’m going make the NL my couch lock She’s got a little while yet though✌

2 Likes

@GreenJewels Ok do you know how to harvest. If not start reading be prepared as in get everything you will need rdy to rock and roll exp. cutters H2O mix to rinse scissors in they will get gooey gloves lol this is my go to list I go over every time it’s harvest time. Then u need to let dry 8 to 14 days then the cure for 6 to 21 days depending on how dry they got during dry

1 Like

Donu stem split or use a dark period before harvesting. If u need any help during harvest just tag a few people. We’ll help

1 Like

Thanks a bunch guys! I never harvested myself but I helped my ex husband several times 15 years ago. He did a lot of cloning from a mother blueberry photo. His nerves were real bad so I was always the one that did anything involving scissors like cloning and trimming after harvest. His set up was completely different. My old neighbor had a really cool hydro set up. It covered a whole room in his basement. I have read up on drying and curing from the guides on here and learned a ton. If I have any questions, I’ will definitely be asking and tagging. Happy growing :v:

A little update. BB auto was harvested and is now curing in jars. Final dry weight is 32 grams. My sample I tried today was better than I had expected. I’m sure it would have been more quantity had I not screwed her up with the premature flush, but she is definitely quality . I’m learning though thanks to you all here!
I’ve attached some pics of my Northern Light auto which germinated at the same time as the BBA. She looks to be about ready. I’m sure I will get a lot more quantity out of her. she is a big girl compared to the BB

4 Likes

Getting the Northern lights autoflower all trimmed up and hanging to dry. I can’t wait to taste it! :grinning: The Blueberry Auto is curing nicely in jars, smells better everyday. I started 2 more autoflowers seeds yesterday. Another Northern Lights and an Amnesia Haze.

3 Likes

I’m pretty excited. The Northern Lights Auto dry weight is 3.8 ounces. It’s been all jarred up and curing about 2 weeks now. Got the final weight and tried some out. Still needs to cure longer but I was very impressed for my first grow.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to harvesting this blueberry autoflower. She looks great. About another week for her. She’s my first outdoor grow.

3 Likes

The outdoor blueberry autoflower is getting some rain today. Seeing a few Amber trichomes. Won’t be long now. here she is next to my morning coffee spot and also a view of the trichomes

Here is my outdoor amnesia haze Auto She’s playing hide and seek in the flower garden

And finally, my indoor amnesia haze and another northern lights, both autoflowers. They are almost 3 weeks old

Happy growing to all :v:

3 Likes

They’re all looking great! :v:

1 Like

Thanks @MattyBear, you’ve all been great teachers. I appreciate it :v:

1 Like

Keep it up :wink:

1 Like

Sad to report my outdoor blueberry autoflower had bud rot, so I harvested a little early. I caught it fairly early so it wasn’t a total loss. I did lose that big top cola dang it. It was so fat and tall. Her fatty buds made her suseptable to the fungus. Glad I had already moved my younger amnesia haze autoflower away from her. The humidity has been high for a couple weeks. I’m thinking of moving the AH indoors. I need to keep a close eye on her so she doesn’t bring any outdoor bugs or fungus into my tent. She has a praying mantis that’s been hanging out on her for that last couple days. Glad to see it. It loves to eat the bad bugs. I already found a partial catapilller he was munching.

My indoor autoflowers amnesia haze and northern lights are doing great. They are in a temporary home while what’s left of my outdoor blueberry dries in the tent. I really need a second tent😂 I’ll decontaminate the tent before moving them back in.
Being a nurse, I’m pretty good at scrubbing down a contaminated room. I’ve done it to many times. Happy growing all. I am learning more everyday. At least I’m enjoying the ride :v:

3 Likes

Needing some advice. Due to the high humidity out doors, I am moving my amnesia haze autoflower indoors to my grow tent. I’m a gardener so I have tons of experience hardening plants off to go outside but have never done the reverse. Anybody have advise as to moving them in? Should I just bring her in for a few hours a day and increase daily to get her used to it? Or is there no need for this? I’m sure my little praying mantis buddy will be bummed to have to find a new plant to hang out on but I can’t risk bud rot. I would like to have her all moved in before rain comes in a few days.:v: