First Time Grow Looking for tips pls :)

I was thinking of buying some plant stakes but currently my plants look taller than wider and I don’t think they are long enough to bend. I can take a few pics in the morning and show you. They will be 30 days old tomorrow.

I could be mistaken but I don’t really see where I could start implementing lst until they get bigger. I’m starting to get speed bumps on the top of them due to over watering I believe.

My plants I gently bend and tie down once they are tall enough to reach the pot rim. I drill holes in the rim and use the green ties to train it horizontally. Yours look pretty close :blush:

2 Likes

31 days now :slight_smile: around 3 1/2 weeks since they sprouted. I think I’ll be watering them today. Maybe by the end of the week I can start lsting them.

2 Likes

With this one in particular since it’s so tall and not wide should I do what you have done and tie the top down? I’d drill a hole and bend the top branch down and keep it like that for a few days ? So I also be removing the power branches as well?

1 Like

That one has a very thick stalk. Be very gentle if you attempt LST. I like to raise my lights at this point and make them get more “leggy” and limber. Make them stretch a couple of inches then tie them down. You might consider topping that one and then making it stretch before LST.

2 Likes

This one is 5 weeks since popping it’s head out of the dirt. It was topped very early and started LST after forcing a stretch by reducing light intensity. The branch to the rear was topped again a couple of days ago. I also trimmed off any branches that were facing down. Should get 12 good colas out of this one.

4 Likes

When you say too you just mean I should cut the top center one right ? I started getting some yellowing on my leaves today is that from lack of calcium ?

3 Likes

Get the newest growth. Gently pry apart those leaves that are starting to open and cut what is “next”.

1 Like

That does look like it could use some cal-mag. If you use it already, double the dose.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve been using 3ml per gallon of water. I just watered 2 days ago maybe I’ll just do 2ml for a half gallon and see if she improves.

I added the cal mag today I’ll check for changes in the morning. As far as cutting the top center branch would it be this one pictured here in the center ?

2 Likes

If you are going to do some high stress training, you could either FIM or top the plant. Did you want to try one or the other?

1 Like

Would you suggest one over the other ? My initial thought was to top it but I could always top one and fim the other to test it on.

That’s the spot.
I will say if you are going to do this, time is of the essence as I see some preflower pistils on her.
Not too late for topping but the window is fast closing.

2 Likes

Did I do it right ?

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: :100:Nicely done.
Oh, and BTW, I nibble that little bit when I top…spicy mmmm.

3 Likes

Im glad I did it right I got worried I cut the wrong one. I’ll cut the other one now as well.

1 Like

Here is the other one I topped.

4 Likes

Looks good.

2 Likes