First time grow long time toker - Northern Lights Auto

Yes @borialis your right it seems to be taking its time which I was a little worried about.

i paid 159 and then saw it later for 179. its good for 1 plant. i think i had 15 plants so i used everything that took a lightbulb just to get thru

I enjoy the story.

@pptrsha1 I can see how it can get out of control. I’m trying or really need to stick to a budget and don’t have much space. I checked out this sites seeds but may need to try them out next Spring/Summer season for the price I’d want to have a definitive process down and I’m almost there.

1 Like

I feel you there I started with the idea that all I’d need is a 20$ blurple a fan and potting soil HA what a naive fool I was

3 Likes

I agree it isn’t that simple or cheap but it also isn’t impossible or overly expensive either when you compare the cost to yield versus buying direct from the store. But am doing it more out of enjoyment of seeing my seed to weed.

2 Likes

Growerschoice snipped my seeds.

Rocky today…

I also ordered a heat pad for my incoming seeds to help germinate them and future seeds.

2 Likes

Yea I need a heat pad too if I plan on doing winter grows , I think I also need temperature regulating on/off plug for a small space heater

I actually bought the temp gauge early on I realized I’d be working with a space heater at some point. So I bought one that I can monitor remotely. I can check the temperature and turn power on or off remotely as well.

1 Like

I received the new light today and swapped it with my old one. I’ll be returning the other one using the Spider Farm box. Amazons generic light was ok just not for me.

I’ve also included a pic of Rocky she’s widening up and her second set of leaves are developing well. I’m doing my best not to over water.

I taped some reflective plastic that i taped to cardboard to try and mimic the reflection found inside a tent. Ghetto I know but my budget is low.

In time I’ll eventually get what I need to grow properly but for now I’m doing the best with what I have.

That being said at what intensity should I set the light to. It’s a 1000 watt light 50% 60%?

1 Like

Hey whatever works!

We all started somewhere.

1 Like

@borialis My thoughts exactly. Nice :+1:t3::+1:t3:

My GG seeds should be arriving tomorrow. I received the germination mat today. I may pass by Home Depot tonight to see if they have anything cheap and hydro plugs in an amount less than 25 which is what’s available on Amazon. If not I’ll germinate these next seeds one at a time. Two plants is enough for me to work with right now,

My plants dark period is over soon I plan on heading to the shed to adjust the light. I’m thinking 50% should be sufficient light for Rocky right now.

I learned that seedlings are hardier then you’d expect so I do about 400 ppfd for week 1 and 600-700 ppfd week 2 to flower .18 inch at about 90% week 1 then 14 inch at 100% for week 2+

@GrowBro is that a SF1000 if so it’s a 100W light

It’s the Spider Farm SF 1000Whatever that is what’s the watts it has. First grow I’m lucky I knew to include a light. :slightly_smiling_face::joy:

I received the recharge packet, went out to buy potting mix for my 3 gallon pots and fed Rocky tonight.

I’ve included pictures taken just after watering it. Looking forward to seeing how the plant reacts to recharge.

I also started germinating one of the GG seeds I received. I plan on prepping my 3 gallon pots bc I’d like to grow the GG right from the 3 gallon instead of transferring from a solo cup like I’m doing with Rocky.

I had a sigh of relief thinking I have everything I need until I looked at the weather and noticed we will be dipping into upper 50’s at night for a few hours. Since I’m growing in the shed I need to get a space heater. Hopefully that will be my last expense for a few weeks.

I’m hoping I get both plants to bud on my first grow. I’m dreaming of smoking them.

@borialis Northern Lights definitely seems to be taking its time.

I’ve looked at some other videos and while I’m happy with the progress it seems other strains grow at a faster rate than NL.

I’m eager to see the difference of the two.

You got this if I (who never so much as touched a bag of soil before August) can do it then so can you :grin: