First time grow journal

First time grow. 48"x48"x80" grow tent.
Today is day 27 of the grow. I’m growing 3 Grabd Dady Purple. 2 White Widow. 2 Malawi Gold. I’ll be including pictures from day 1 in soil to this morning.

11 Likes

Top that tall plant just above the 5th node and the sides will even the plant out and slow down upward growth so other plants can catch up

2 Likes

Thank you I will.

2 Likes

It will still get taller after I top it right?

1 Like

Yes it will it will grow two tops

Welcome to the forum. You are off to a good start. Looking good. What kind of soil are you using?

I couldn’t find the soil I wanted since it was late August. I ended up having to use Pro Mix premium potting soil. My next round of growing I will not be using this soil.

Day 28! Just wondering how long everyone stays in veg mode for? Not really sure how long To wait till flowering.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Your grow looks great. Nice happy healthy plants.

Regarding flip to flower. That’s personal choice. Can flip from week 4. But if you top you taller plant wait a while for her to recover and deliver the new tops before changing the light schedule. Are you using any LST methods, or going o’natural. Looking at the size of your tent a SCROG would work great. But again that’s your choice. Keep it green brother. Doing great

2 Likes

It looks like @HanJolo has you covered.

Welcome to the forum where you will meet new friends and get any grow assistance you might need.

1 Like

I was thinking about LST two plants. Play around and see what happens. Why would SCROG be good? Also a question about flowering, do the plants still grow in height?

Yes it will continue to grow upward. By topping it will make side branches go up and get thicker

2 Likes

Took these girls from flowering plants, after they rooted I planted them and topped above 3rd node then started Low Stress Training when branches began to grow out. Clones were cut Aug 7, planted Aug 24, topped at 3rd node Sept 3, training began Sept 7. Retrained and main branch ends topped for final time Sept 19. Going to vegetate and train outward for another 3 weeks then flip to flower room

5 Likes

@TheGrowKid I’m outta likes but that is some amazing grow skills brother kudos man and happy grow

2 Likes

Monster crop, reveg, mainline! Nice. Figured all that would take longer than that.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. You have enough plants to try some methods with some, and different methods with others. Best way to find out what you like and how your proceed in the future.
A SCROG net is good because you can control the height of your plants. Allowing a more blushier grow. You can weave your new growth into empty sections of net to create a flat canopy, leading to more bud sites and colas being in contact with your light source. After than you can strip any foliage below the canopy, with will stop the plant wasting energy in parts of the plant that wont grow any bud, or worthless bud. As you can probably tell…I’m an big fan of the SCROG. haha. Talk to @Budz420 and @R0ck. They are currently SCROGing like the Don’s of Scrogville USA and will be able to tag you in there grow journals :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl:
A don of Scrogville! That was unexpected! :rofl:
It’s only my first grow - but so far it has kicked butt. All I have done is picked various brains, experimented a lot, hid all the mistakes under a net - and weaved it into a pretty sweet f#@king rug of nugs! :rofl: :sunglasses:
Happy to help where I can - or involve people who know more than me - which is many! :wink:
Thanks for the tag mate - much appreciated.

2 Likes

:rofl: first time or not. Your SCROG is impressive. A full canopy of green. Keep doning brother :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’ve decided to LST 1 of the 3 grand daddy’s I have. Once the ladies wake up today I’m going to tie her down and see what’s good. I ordered netting so I can start that in a couple days.

Has anyone grown Malawi Gold before?

Awesome. Post lots of pics and updates. Never get tired of seeing the green ladies. Do t underestime youtube either. Some great videos on LSTing. With the SCROG. Lower it over your canopy and slowly and careful push your growth under the net and into new spaces. I’ll see if I can find a before and after for you. It’s the most exciting part before flowering. Every 3-7 days you can retrain the plant under the SCROG to create a bigger canopy.