First Time Grow Indoor Cheese Auto

Evening watering.
Picture pre water.
Going to start LST later tonight
Definitely started in too small of a pot, gonna just ride it out don’t feel like screwing with a transplant with it being an Auto. I’ll just start larger next time.
Going to introduce bottom feeding her tomorrow, only been giving her minimal top feeding 3 times daily.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

If I were you, I’d transplant, and the sooner the better. I didn’t see what size pot you’re growing in now. But a 3 gal should be good for indoor autos :v:

3 Likes

Argh :disappointed: if you suggest it I’ll take the advice. Onto the next adventure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m with @MattyBear on the transplantation, the sooner the better. I think on the wAterring I would rather give her one good soaking and let dry before rewatering. Becareful and try not to disrupted the rootzone, good luck.

3 Likes

Well seeing as you both are my go to then a transplant it is. I’ll probably try to cut the pot down the side and weasel it out that way. Slap her into a 3 Gal with some fresh AP and just a smidge extra living soil. I’ll wait to do my compost tea feeding after the transplant. Hopefully I can get this all done Sunday/ Monday. I don’t have the 3 Gal here yet.

Water, That’s why I wanted to switch to a solid bottom feed. I wanted to stray away from the watering I’ve been doing lately which was about 2oz top feed every 7am,6pm, 10pm. It’s got me this far without noticing an issue but I know it won’t hold out much longer.

3 Likes

Is that a gallon pot?

1 Like

Truthfully I really don’t know. I tried my best to figure out what it was but it had no markings. Before I planted I tried to measure it and yes it seemed to be about 1Gal.

How are soft sided smart pots in terms of drainage and bottom feeding. Will they work or should I be looking for a pot like I already have just larger with drainage holes?

1 Like

Fabric pots all day. Air prunes the roots and makes it hard to overwater.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll order some now, May sound dumb but how does it drain? Mesh bottom or?

1 Like

It allows water right through. You should have something underneath to catch runoff :+1:

2 Likes

You are amazing :heart:

1 Like

Try this be gentle, I’m about to transplant this on myself

Flup it over bang the top all should come out together. Mrs. Crabs comes to my rescue and helps me at times, an assistant would be great. Good luck

6 Likes

Option 2 cut the bottom off then slide The pot up, once it’s in its new pot.

3 Likes

I’ll call in the Fiancé! She just loves hearing all of my growing mumbo jumbo lately…not :joy::joy::joy::joy: that looks simple enough. I’ve got 3 Gal Smart pots in the mail with a Sunday ETA so that’ll be the work day!

3 Likes

Great tutorial @Mrcrabs! Pictures worth a thousand words… i think I’ve heard that before, lol

3 Likes

@anon95385719 I’ve enjoyed reading your insightful responses to people. Feel free to creep in spare time :eyes:

1 Like

Thanks. I only hope to help people get the best results possible.

1 Like

Your plants look great. You have perfect advice as well. Just keep in mind autos don’t really like to b messed with so the faster U transplant the better

Smart to get a high charge soil for autos. They don’t tend to like strong nutes either so if they can get what they need from the soil that’s perfect.

Watch for her to start to preflower. U will need to add some P&K to get her to build nice flowers. Not much but u will need a small boost.

Fabric pots allow air through the entire pot so overwatering becomes something u actually have to try to do. Many people bottom feed MJ. I do not suggest it. But that’s personal opinion. Pouring water thru the soil evenly disperses to the entire root system.

Good luck and feel free to tag me anytime.

3 Likes

Really appreciate the feedback,
Most of the things you’ve just stated I’ve been slowly reading and starting to pay attention too. I’ll be sure to follow up here. Thank you!

2 Likes

She definitely is ready for a transplant. She doesn’t look happy all scrunched up. One more day and we will do a 3 Gal swap and compost tea feeding. Have to wait on the mail to arrive :innocent:

3 Likes