First Time Grow Indoor Cheese Auto

Thanks for the feedback buddy :smirk:

That’s definitely something for me to look into. If I’m not mistaken when I’ve checked them last they were pretty high. Now I don’t have the most expensive meter so I assumed it may be off. I don’t plan on getting a different meter for this grow but if this could be the issue I might switch to a 50/50 to finish out this grow and see if that prevents it from progressing. I do believe the potassium deficiency was a valid diagnosis but I couldn’t think of why I’m having this problem considering I grow in living soil. If my water being hard could have played a role into that now it would all make sense. Really appreciate everyone weighing in! @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @elheffe702 unfortunately as I’ve mentioned I’m not with my grow currently I’m on vaca. So I’ll start getting hands on again Monday. Thanks all!

4 Likes

Well the plant took a nose dive. Pics and updates tomorrow. Too tired and frustrated to deal with it now… :+1:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

2 Likes

@FNG101v2 Sorry bout your plant, I think if the cocowater didn’t work it must be a lockout, check out the ppm and also ph, I would stop the coco water imedatlky and after a ppm reading start a flush, I will do reading on my mine here in a few to give you an idea, good luck, I’m cheering for you my friend

2 Likes

This is my ppm reading for my no till grow going on my last month of flowering

hopes this helps, I have never grown with chemical fertilizer but I have had good results with low ppms in my organic grows, hopes this helps buddy , I’m keeping my fingers crossed @FNG101v2

4 Likes

I have been there many times friend. Trust me. if you listen to the advise you get on here. You will get it straightened out. I had a lot of help when I was dealing with similar to this. There were a lot of people involved. I can’t count how many times I got super frustrated. The great people on here got me straightened out and things have gotten a lot easier since. I am now back to enjoying growing again. I find some times I need to find some thing to do for a bit, other than this, to get my mind off the issues. Helps me to clear my head. I find if I focus to hard on one thing. I tend to loose site of other tell tale signs because I get tunnel vision. I have to remind my self. this is just a plant. if some thing happens. it is not the end of the world. Odd how things seem to get better after that. Well, that and all the help every one on here gives me. Hope this helps a little. You are not alone here. You have a whole site full of friends to help you out.

4 Likes

Really appreciate all the great words! Of course the sudden shock of the plant put me in a horrible mood. But other than that all is well. I did not get the chance to check everything I wanted to nor work with the plant. After the update Sunday I had to take the wife to the hospital. All is well but that took most of the day Monday. After an inspection of the plant Monday night I’ve determined it had to of been Nute lockout. There’s numerous different issues going on with it and it could be from an arrangement of different issues whether it be PPM and hard water etc etc etc but it definitely got worse FAST while I was away. I’ve already come to the conclusion this lady will either yield very low or die off. I don’t plan on doing anything more than a large flush tonight and then Regular watering. I’ll see if I can kick start the micros in the soil with a compost tea but other than that I’ll start working on getting my next grow in line to start with a different approach. I’ve sunk enough materials and time into this one for my taste. I’d rather cut the continued loss and start fresh. As I’ve mentioned numerous times through this journal this has been a great learning curve for me and I’ve gained a ton of knowledge of the future. Thanks again for the checkup!!! @Mrcrabs @MattyBear @Not2SureYet the FNG growing saga is far from over :smirk:

06/21/18

06/25/18

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear your wife is okay! You can always grow more plants…

That looks just like the problems I had with hard water. The soil kept getting too alkaline and locking everything out…she was basically starving as if I was just giving plain water. I had to flush to get my soil back within normal pH range.

3 Likes

You are precisely right, thank you.

I agree with you I believe it was a nute lock that just didn’t get caught in time. It’s pretty clear IMO from the tell tale signs of the plant.

1 Like

You’re experiencing why a lot of growers prefer to use inert media such as Promix or coco so they know exactly what is in the soil. I started the same way you are, but disliked the lack of control I had with precharged soils. I’d say a good flush and feeding is in order. She looks locked out of P and K. :v:

4 Likes

You would be correct. Which is why I am glad I’m experiencing all this. Now that I have most of the basic knowledge and growing experience on my side I’m quite ready to move on to the next one :joy:. And try things slightly different. The unfortunate is that I tried to keep this one on track but like you said the pre charged soils are so hard to take unless everything almost exactly to plan.

3 Likes

Alright so as planned I am going to at least flush and see if we can ride this out. I just stumbled upon 1/4 left of the living soil that I was using for this grow. I planned on doing the flush then introducing the remaining living soil and a compost tea. What’s the best way of going about this? Flush tonight, wait until tomorrow, then introduce the top soil and water using the compost tea?

2 Likes

If that living soil is high in Nitrogen, I wouldn’t introduce more now that you’re in flower. Just flush and then feed with the last gallon and let her dry out

4 Likes

@FNG101v2 Glad wifey ok buddy, I agree with everyone else, but before you start flushing make sure soil is dry, you want it to dry out really good before adding more water, if it’s too wet you can introduce another problem like root rot, she will still give you some good smoke, these plants can take a beating, good luck my friend

3 Likes

Thanks for the pep talk bud! The flush has been completed, we shall see what’s in store for the future. Stay tuned :wink:

wow-such-weed-very-calm-so-nice-wow_c_4798935

7 Likes

I’m very sorry about the problems you’re having. But I also have complete faith that you’re going to come back bigger and stronger. The most important thing is that your wife is doing better. There’s always another seed to start another day :+1:

3 Likes

You got it! Really appreciate the kind words :smiley:.

1 Like

Still limping along :smirk:

7 Likes

Hey buddy, looks more like skippin along, they are looking great and frosty

3 Likes