First Time Grow Indoor Cheese Auto

2 great suggestions there, Jorge Cervantes book has kept me busy for way longer than 10 hrs, lol.

4 Likes

I have a feeling this Potassium deficiency is continuing to sneak up on me. I figured doing some Kelp Meal top Feed since this past week would help but it looks as if it’s still progressing. If this is in fact my problem @Mrcrabs what are my options from a living soil standpoint?

Or anyone else who has a suggestion other than chemical nutes.

The branch above where I snipped the last branch is the one now seeming to further yellow off and tips brown/ die/ curl back.

2 Likes

Have you tried sprinkling green sand on top? Gently work it into the soil. It’s not water soluble but you can “water it in” :seedling:

2 Likes

You could also try a foliar application of liquid kelp or a seaweed extract high in potassium.

2 Likes

really appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

I also saw this if it helps

Try Sul-Po-Mag. Also called langbeinite or sulfate of potash-magnesia, Sul-Po-Mag is your most affordable option. It’s best to use it if a soil test reveals your soil is low in both potassium and magnesium.[4]
Check your product’s label to ensure it’s OMRI certified and for recommended amounts per square foot or meter.

2 Likes

I’ll look into it, not sure if I need the Mag though. My luck I’d add something I don’t need and have more issues lol

1 Like

Sorry buddy for your problem, I wouldn’t cut anymore branches of until we get this problem fixed, leave them on so we can see if the problem is getting better or worse. It’s Gona start on the older leaves first, brown spots and yellow edges. They won’t ever get better but will be your guide so we can see improvement, Coco water is high in potassium. Use 12.5 milliliter per quart of R.O water, do this and use it as a foilar spray also, it shoukd help immediately, for the long run use green sand, wood ash use mesquite or oak but very sparingly, also you can dehydrated banana skins crumble them up and top dress your soil,but if it were me I would do the coco water (real coconut) soil drench and coco foilar feed. Hope this helps @FNG101v2 remember what ever method you pick stick to one method,don’t mix to many methods you may spark a different defecincy

2 Likes

You are the man! That guidance is exactly what I needed right now :joy:…it’s so simple to research chemical nutes to fix these problems. I couldn’t find much on the organic side other than different forms of seaweed extract like @mountainman1 was talking about. Or nutes claiming to be “organic” lol Now that I have some direction to head in I’ll get right on it. Really appreciate the knowledge here! :+1:

2 Likes

Is it literally as simple as coconut water like from the food store??? @Mrcrabs

1 Like

I would go with a regular coconut from an organic food store or your regular supermarket, those drinks might have preservatives

plain and simple.

3 Likes

Simple enough :heart: let alone the fact that I love coconut so this is a WIN WIN. You easily just made my night. This just got way easier :joy:

3 Likes

I use coco water for all my grow, from the beginning to end, freeze as soon as you pop open the coco

one coconut should fill an ice tray

3 Likes

I’m eating all this knowledge!!! This is the behind the scenes organic tutorial I’ve needed :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Any other little tips/tricks are always welcome man, thanks a ton!

3 Likes

No problem buddy, what every you chose to do keep us updated, so we can straighten her up.

4 Likes

Night peeps :sunglasses:

New bowl time

6 Likes

Well my stress level leaving the house wasn’t very pleasant. I can say this deficiency is clearly taking it’s toll. With that being said tonight I’ve been able to begin treating it. However I’m hoping one I’m not too late to correct and two it doesn’t really drop while I’m on vacation :sob:… As already mentioned I have someone watering and caring for it…but as I’m sure you can all understand that’s definitely not the same. Especially since this is my first so I’m still getting this process down myself :joy:. Any who, we’ve done the first round of coconut water foliar spray and top feed. I’ve got my friend doing a foliar spray and top feed every day while I’m gone which will be until Sunday night. I’d rather be over protective vs under protective. Let’s take this 9 hour ride south :+1:

4 Likes

Do your foilar feeds 15min before lights off, and can alternate coco water and then R.Owater, till conditions get better. @FNG101v2

2 Likes

Thanks buddy! I’ve got “high” hopes for her :sunglasses: worse case scenario it’s on to the next seed :smirk: it’s nothing but experience at this point and you can’t buy experience.

2 Likes