First Time Grow Indoor Cheese Auto

This is my journal so you can see what we are talking about @Jamie1234 Happy Growing!

2 Likes

Oh ok @FNG101v2

1 Like

Very nice indeed, great work mate…:+1:

3 Likes

Thank you, she’s coming along great so far. Some slight Nute burn here and there. Probably from the living soil I use. It’s only on some lower leaves. Other than that she’s flourishing and I love it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah sounds like u will b sweet mate :+1:

1 Like

I have a feeling you will be learning a lot over the course of this grow. You are doing great though

2 Likes

I’ll just get the tags out of the way to ensure everyone sees this :disappointed: @Mrcrabs @MattyBear @raustin @Hogmaster @anon95385719

Flag on the play, five yard penalty on the defense!!!

I was just doing my evening watering and luckily I did my typical affectionate inspection of my lady. I continued to notice her lower what some people call I think (feeder) leaves begin to wilt and turn more and more brown over the past few days. I heard this can happen as it matures so I didn’t pay much mind to it. I also noticed this evening that the stalk began looking very odd so I tried to get a close good zoomed in picture. Luckily!!! To my sad eyes I realized while the camera was focusing that I had some little white buggers crawling around!!! No bueno!!! Bells and whistles went off and I was like ruh roh this might be spider mites. I did some digging and I’m pretty sure they are spider mites. I can’t get a literal zoomed in picture of one because they crawl to fast and are too small but they are in the pictures if you can see them. I believe they have honed in only on the stalk so far because I have a fan on all the time so apparently they don’t like the breeze too much. I’m hoping since I’ve only seen a few brown marks on like 2 bottom leaves and the mites only in soil so far that I can pull a remedy to this. After doing some digging I am about to make an order for not only killing, but prevention, amd substaining. I’m going to order Safer Brand 5110-6 Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz, DiatomaceousEarth Food Grade 10 Lb

While waiting on that to arrive I’ve read that 1tbs of bleach to 1 Gal of water is also a good home remedy. I was going to vacuum off the top layer of soil, then treat the stalk and top soil with bleach/ water mix. Then when the order arrives treat with the safe soap and lay down some of the DiatomaceousEarth.

Let me know what the thoughts are on the Diagnoses, remedy, and any other thoughts if possible…Do I need any thing more??? Thank you all so much for the feedback :sweat_smile:

Safer Brand 5110-6 Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. Amazon.com

DiatomaceousEarth Food Grade 10 Lb Amazon.com

Zoomed in on the little one on the left

Instead of bleach, try H2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) and water at a ratio of 1:4 (peroxide:water) and spray them down

4 Likes

Safer brand and organocide is what I have used for spider mites, haven’t tried neem oil, but lots of others here have. I use it like a preventative spray them 2 or 3 times a week during veg and have even sprayed 2 weeks into flowering.

2 Likes

You can also make a compost tea and foilar spray them suckers.

3 Likes

No hydro on hand right now so I’ll wing it with the bleach for tonight until I can get hydro tomorrow.

Ordered the safer, Diato, and something a lot of people say work called trifecta. These suckers will die :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Trifecta Crop Control - Multi-Purpose Pesticide, Fungicide, Miticide, Non-toxic, Biodegradable, Naturally Eliminates Mites, Mold and Mildew, 4 Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742MW5G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OrFgBb417YTAP

1 Like

Hopefully I didn’t get too excessive. Looks like they are hiding/ exterminated for now.

Are those white looking spots on the stalk just the stalk or is that something I should be worried about?

Let me get someone to look for you. @Donaldj can you give a diagnosis m? I know your probably busy under your house but whenever you get a minute… thanks

2 Likes

Just the stalk :wink:

2 Likes

Well one piece of good info tonight!!! Thanks Donald!

1 Like

Morning. I was a nursery man for 5 years. It was outside, in Texas, hot, and not MJ, but some of the things I learned can translate. Neem oil is great stuff. Regular dish soap and water will kill sp mites, aphids, bees, wasps, etc.
I know you already ordered stuff but maybe next time. Good to hear the stalk is normal though.

3 Likes

I’m all of of likes for today unfortunately! But information is always appreciated!

I don’t take much time to inspect or go crazy with her in the morning due to the typical work rush however everything looked pretty good this morning. I did a typical watering, then hit around the stalk with some more of the Bleach dilute. I probably won’t use it anymore after today but figured better safe than sorry until I can hit it with some other stuff I have coming. Hopefully catching it when I did she Will bounce back happy as ever :smirk: she’ll need a compost tea this weekend. Had a rough night :skull:

2 Likes

Yeah you got it in time. She’ll b fine
No worries

1 Like

@SilentHippie welcome.

So I’ve just recently checked on her from this morning. I did notice about 3-5 mites still crawling around. So I continued to wet the top with the bleach/ water dilute. I figure it’s best to continue using it until I get my other products Sunday. No point in allowing them to build an army :joy:. Other than that she looks absolutely beautiful and I added some more horizontal LST. She’s up to about 21 inches so I won’t allow her to out grow my tent in front of my eyes lmao. I’ll continue keeping her slightly pulled more and more horizontal each day and let her continue to grow kind of slanted. I wish I would have started earlier, lesson learned :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The fight continues!!! Argh :expressionless::expressionless: I knew fighting these buggers would be tough… But I didn’t even think that I’d be pushing them from the soil into the pot…there not swarming but There’s enough that I’ve spotted them crawling through the actual webbing of the smart pot… How the heck can I combat that :skull::skull::skull: they are so freaking hard to see…