First time grow I want to learn everything

I do this to myself a lot. If it wasn’t for my ol lady I’d run 20 experiments a grow. She keeps me on the level.
They look healthy and eager.
Wish I had more knowledge to offer you on that one. Hellraiser will answer questions if you tag them. You seem to have a good handle so far. Looking happy.

2 Likes

I bought one of this brand and loved it so much, I bought three more. All four are amazingly consistent and when brought together their readouts are extremely close.

The app is so convenient.

Fuckin’ hysterical.

You’re going to read a lot of conflicting information. Just remember, there are 1,000,001 ways to do it right. So find YOUR way of doing it right. And document it.

You nailed it with this comment! And with that mindset/attitude, you’re going to keep having fun with this hobby. This was a fun journal to read. I read it way too fast to remember most of the details. I’ll read it again and start asking questions. I’m glad I found it before it was 350+ posts long. :rofl:

And here’s the unsolicited advice. Post more pictures. Include dates with each update (you’ll thank yourself on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th… grows), if you start doing anything differently, DOCUMENT IT, if you have a question that transcends your weedbrain, ask it and post a bunch of people (even if you don’t think might know…they might know someone who does and can tag them to your grow), and just remember that for growers like us, this is supposed to be fun (not dramatic).

And you should own your mistakes! I love telling people how I fucked some shit up. Regrets? I’ve had a few. But then again, too few to mention. The record shows: I took the blows, and did it my way.

omg! We should start a club! get t-shirts made! :joy:

@zee check out this journal. It looks like he’s also enrolled in @Hellraiser University. lolz

And (you’re gonna love this part) he knows how to use a pH pen! :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

Start a club, with Hellraiser in it, it would be more like a gang…just joking…lol

The help forum can be entertaining for sure, that guy I was helping finally figured out how to flush his plants and use a pH meter, he is now upgrading his lights, am sure he will tag me again asking how to turn on the power…lol

3 Likes

I’d give them 3 weeks at least so they can grow some nice roots before starting flowering.

3 Likes

Thanks for the love. Really great community here never thought I would have this much fun growing. Thanks for the advice about the posting I can see future me looking back and reading this again shaking his head and remembering the dumb stuff I did.

Like one of these days I’m going to try and figure out why the light swich in the shed turns the braker box off… or just hire someone so I don’t kill myself but where’s the fun in that

3 Likes

Big weekend plans to begin the cloning of my mystery plants and the two from the bigger white rhino to let runty catch up a bit.

Step 1 is to take from the top most vigorous branches to also help the rest of the play bush out. 45° cut on the bottom cut off the largest leaves and maybe halve the biggest remaining leaf.

Step 2 I’ll have to transport these back to my appartment so spray them down with water and put them in a bag so they don’t dry out.

Step 3 got this baby all cleaned up with some bleach. Refilled with water air stone added and just need to buy some cloneX tomorrow and make some fancy labels cuz it would all be for nothing if I forget whos which clone

1 Like

How did it go?

Lol damn I’m over here trying to be lazy.
1 moment sir

I took 2 cutting from my mystery plants in the tent and the bigger white rhino as planned but could not find clonex so I bought root builder hopefully it works similarly

When I took the cuttings I made the mistake of not taking enough stem on my first one but that’s why we take 2 and who knows it might still work

The girls look a lil sad without their tops but I was sure to leave behind two leaf nodes on the branches I took cuttings from

2 Likes

Look at you go! Get it Boogers!

1 Like

After reading the back of the root builder jug (like i should have before i bought it) I notice it’s nothing like clonex… so clonex is a mild nutrient additive meant cuttings and root builder is bacteria oops.

I have some masterblend tomatoe 3 part fertilizer that I was using for my hydroponic pepper would this work similarly at a 1/10 ish ratio @Zee @Docnraq

I’m not the cat to ask on that one. @Budz do you know or know who would be good to ask about fertilizers?

Money shot of those fancy reflective tags

Looks like it’s working fine to me.

The thing with clones is that almost any practice works most of the time. I’m at 100% with honey tea and soil. Also just straight into my used soil that’s chuck full of rhizo.

1 Like

Tips that you only think of after the main post…

Cutting the bottom of the net cups out will help you not destroy the precious root of your baby cloney girls later on and boring out the rock wool cube is nice so you dont break stems trying to fit the big thing in the small hole😉

1 Like

Ok sweet I’ll try the master blend at like 1/8 and let you know

One last question for a cloning buckets are the stems supposed to be sticking into the water or just close enough for the popping bubbles to lightly moisten the stem and rotting

I’m really only familiar with Aquaponics through research. No bubble knowledge. I decided not to spend any time with cloners since ultimately they wouldn’t help me. Coco is as close to hydro I’ll go.

I would recommend the sprayers (Aquaponics) over the bubble idea. Since the roots aren’t in water are just sprayed.

1 Like

Ok last cloning post of the night

The dome I have is only big enough for the tent clones with 85RH and 81 f
The other clones should be around 80f ish and 50RH they will get a morning and evening misting cuz I love them

I added 5gram of master blend 2.5 of magnesium sulfate and 5 of calcium nitrate

And a pinch of I hope I dont forget they exist and let them die

Day 1 for the mystery clones and no one is wilty or complaining I’ll call that a win

Also lights are on 24 hrs schedule

Cmon females.