First time grow. Got jeckyl and Hyde. Lol

First time grow ever. 2x2x4 Vivosun. 1000 vivosun led lamp and filtration. Running humidity around 50-70% and temps 62-76 degrees. White widow autos. Both started at the same time. I’m on week 4 since they sprouted from the soiled. So far so good. However one is like a midget and the other is going awesome. The smaller one seems to have very dry leaves. I’ve been using Bergmans fertilizer set since day one. I’m thinking the small one wasn’t ready for fertilizer. I’ve run 6.5 ph thru the plant and it was slowly doing much better. I meter is reading 7.2 ph in soil on both. Other than a flush to get ppm below 1000 anyone have any thoughts. I’m not too concerned of the midget since my first going at it. I’ll learn. It’s still growing.

3 Likes

What soil are you using?

2 Likes

If using cannibis friendly soil, need not any nutrients unless u see a problem or gets below 1000 in runoff. Autos do as they want, when they want. Those gals have a mind of their own.
4Tkdz39XtGaLACQAVA
kBGOlmxx1UVNZXGfeQ

3 Likes

I started with just Home Depot soil and changed it out after the first two weeks with happy frog.

2 Likes

Welcome @Buds71 !!

With Bergmans the initial fert is the seedling stage then veg.

How long have they been in HF? Are they that lime colored in person? Just trying to get a handle on your situation.

3 Likes

They have been in happy frog now for 2 weeks. I did start with seedling fertilizer. Maybe have too much. But both were watered the same. Should I only be fertilizing once a week and straight water in between when needed??? The small one seems to do better with just water.

3 Likes

I made up the Bergmans in gallons and when I watered I pour until the container runs out about 10-20%. Then nothing until the pot feels light when I lift it. So completely saturate to completely dry. On opposite water days I add fungi, molasses and CalMag. LED’s drain the CalMag from the plant so they need it. Fungi is for a healthy living root zone and the molasses feeds feeds them.

3 Likes

White widows can grow tall. 4’ is not a lot height when some is needed for lights, pot, etc. Keep in mind if her growth takes off. Probably will need to bend her over.
I noticed the twine. Make sure it isn’t tight on the stem. It needs room to grow.

4 Likes

welcome to the awesome community, like the name growmie.

2 Likes

Thanks for comments. I’m Limited on space so this will need to do. I plan on keeping them loss stress trained. The one is doing great as you can see. The midget looks great till you see this one. Lol. The midget doesn’t want to get much taller and this one has the krispy dry feeling leaves. I its due to too much unneeded fertilizer when the first. Started taking off. Should have just used phd water. I also started with too large of pots. I’m
Going water flush this one and check the run off till I get good reading. Then let have a good drying then fertilize if it again it showing signs recovering. Just over four weeks since they poked out of the soil I can’t complain. I’ll post some more photos in a week or so. Thanks

6 Likes

I forgot to follow up on this grow. Here are a few photos just prior to harvest.

5 Likes

Welcome to the happy zone and your first grow.

Like you, we are small, 2x3, and on our 2nd grow.

Trust the peeps, they got us 60 yr ole rookies almost qp per plant first try.

Cant wait to see your pics down the road.

2 Likes

Nice. They look like they finished well - congrats.

2 Likes