First time grow ever. Blue Dream

@MidwestGuy @MrPeat FlxerPower just sent a sweet video thank you for that. As for my lights I went with the VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W LED Grow Light,with Daisy Chain,Veg and Bloom Switches, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower.

@sorry for the late reply it locked me for 24 hours because it was my first day
@MrPeat the pictures where freaking amazing thank you! I would love to know your style of growing. Its sounds crazy interesting.
@kettle tell me how they are growing!
@Zee @GoldenGorilla

1 Like

lol, remember those days…

my blue dream are kind of crammed behind some other more vigorous varieties, i think they would like to be alone or with more space… im in hydro, i did notice they liked their ph and temp to stay in range… but good… :ok_hand: :smile:

@kettle I dont understand the last sentence. What does that mean exactly? "i think they would like to be alone or with more space… im in hydro, i did notice they liked their ph and temp to stay in range… but good’

sorry…

I have 2 of them crammed into a system with 4 others, because I grow in hydro, I had some big pH swings, and they didn’t like that compared to the others, so the others are bigger and get more light, so get bigger etc…

so growing they way u are i think you will avoid all that, soil generally has more stable pH, and your not going to plant more then one in a pot…

im still going to take clones from them… give them another go…

2 Likes

@kettle Are you talking about the soil I got? And everything thing else look good on the list. I feel like I’m forgetting something. Taking clones, how does that process work? Is it hard to do?

1 Like

I think im confusing the issue… what u have looks good to me… :grinning:

someone will chime in… :smile:

clones were for me, don’t stress your doing well… :smile:

the light probably wont be sufficient… hgl make good lights… someone will help who uses them… :smile:

1 Like

what size is that tent there buddy? :wink:

@dbrn32 is the man for lights depending on budget, they will be the largest cost of the grow… but u can save money if u don’t mind some minor diy

2 Likes

Need a light? What size is that grow tent?

2 Likes

@kettle
Hydro growing sounds difficult but I’m eager to learn lol. I really didnt have a clue that a website like this even existed. Mind opening.

@dbrn32 It is a 3ftX3ftX6ft

2 Likes

I have a blue dream growing and if I do it again, I would prune in VEG. I did not do any pruning. This is my first grow, and I have a one plant tent 27"x27" x5’ with SF 1000 LED. Good Luck.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums !!

1 Like

Good luck with your grow, blue dream excellent strain

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! 3x3 space I would look at two plants. Start your seedlings in seedling Friendly soil, then move to Ocean Forest. Good luck. With your grow.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum…looks like you’ve already started your grow journal right here with this topic post!
Ocean Forrest is a great soil to use just not when they are first planted in the seedling stage you’ll want to pick up some seed starter mix available at garden stores or Ace hardware, Lowe’s, Home Depot etc…small bag will do to start. Using a small container with seed starter mix then transplant into your cloth 5 gallon grow bag/s. Some use solo plastic oil cups to start them I use cow pots and just put that entire pot into final pot when ready with the OF soil. Those gloves the soil comes with is best used for washing dishes…as I like to get my hands dirty with soil.
The light of you already purchased will be ok for seedling stage but won’t get you to harvest with big dense buds and that’s where you’ll want to consider more capable lights.
The OF soil will be good for about 4 weeks or so once transplanted into it. You’ll want to figure out a direction you’ll want to go moving forward to feed them through to harvest. There is the chemical feed route using bottled nutrients or the organic nutrient feed route and having a living soil like Mother Nature does outside. Whichever you chose there are great growers here to help you with things.

3 Likes

If you want quantum boards the 260 kit is good for that space. Lots of diy options with led, but not a lot of great ready to hang fixtures. 315 cmh good light for 3x3 if you want to stay with hid.

1 Like

@Skydiver @dbrn32 so much info thank you so much. I’m still wrapping my head around, how much light exactly do I need, how the heck do I even measure the light the plants are receiving, the nutrients for that I’m trying to figure out exactly what everyone seems to be using I’ve seen so many. And I found a schedule of feeding the BD but I just dont really understand it.

So with the lights I have, good for the start but I’ll want to get another light when the get bigger? What’s the difference in hid, led, they seem to me do all do about the same thing with difference in heat that comes off?

These are so beautiful. So excited to get there! How big did that one grow?

My secret…awesome lights and only grow on a 12/12 start to finish light schedule.

@MrPeat my tent, which light would you use, personally