First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

But the good thing I see is there appears to be a lot of new bud sites on the tall one since it shot up. :+1:

2 Likes

So I got the new light up, what are some tips on hanging distance and power? I got it to ~14-18 inches away from the tops at 100% figured they’re in flower so that would be good

2 Likes

I hang mine high and turn up the dial. Just depends what your temps inside tent are.

Little tip. You can manage your heat a little better by putting the driver outside your tent

2 Likes

It is outside the tent however the temp is around 82 still where as it was like 79 before I can hang it much higher than it is now lol

2 Likes

If having heat issues. Lower your light to like 18”-20”, turn your power down and get your DLI where it needs to be for your growth phase. With the knob you have control of alot as opposed to a light without IMO. Night and day with this light against my first light!!

1 Like

Also you can point your exhaust pipe towards your driver. Also keep cooler in my experience

1 Like

I turned the light down and got it to 81 in there. Only thing is the dimmer doesn’t have any markings on it so idk what it’s actually at. But it’s stable in there now so I guess it will have to do. If I had to guess it’s at like 75-85%

2 Likes

Download the Photone app. If you have iPhone you’ll have to put a “diffuser” (notebook paper) over your front camera and hold level with canopy. Yeah with power level you kind of guesstimate. This Diagram with the app will make it so much easier. Then you don’t have to worry about height or waiting for your plants to give you signs that it’s too much light or too little. Here’s a good starting point…

1 Like

I have that but when I used it it burnt my seedlings. Kinda lost my trust but maybe it’s different now that they’re older

2 Likes

This light is the shit though! Way more coverage and brighter than fuck

2 Likes

Just wanted to ask if this looks like nute burn or the beginnings of light burn

@Docnraq

1 Like

Painted nails. On the edge of overfeeding.

Have that going on with a good amount of the leaves on one. The tds was high last feeding like ~1600-1700

1 Like

Ok makes sense. I haven’t fed it since and the tds is down to like 850 so I’ll feed it lightly next time

Good call!!

If you over mix a feed you can always add water and re adjust ph. Still give normal amount of liquid and just discard the rest. So say you mix a gallon of feed and it comes out at 1700 tds you can add water to dilute back down to say 12 or 1300 tds then ph and feed.

2 Likes

So wanted to ask if this is what nute deficiency looks like. This one hasn’t been fed in a little while just because the tips turned dark from over feeding. I just flushed it too because I’m getting weird numbers but anyway just looks to me like a nute problem than a light problem. On the other plant I can see some of the edges of leaves turned crisp and yellow right along the edges but I had the light turned up higher at that point and started to cook them.

The other question I got is the big plant in the back there seems to have stopped. The buds don’t look like they are getting any bigger than they were last week. I’m worried they’re freaking out about the light, it’s really close to it but I can’t raise it up any higher! Thing grew like crazy on me has to be over 4 ft tall

Tie her top down to allow the others to catch up.

Well it looks like she’s finally done growing tall, just didn’t know if the light could stunt them or anything by like that. The leaves look like nutrients being low, the tds was low on it and then it got flushed.