First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

Ok that’s what I thought

2 Likes

@Fletch422 you are a fantastic student! Keep it growing brother, you are doing great!

3 Likes

Hey have you ever run into the same strain plants growing to two different heights? And how can I get my next plants to have denser foliation? I see all these pictures of autos being like bushes and mine have very spaced out branches. I mean it could be the strain but I feel like I’m missing out on some yield for sure. I am getting that GB light this week too so I’m really excited to try it out

1 Like

Oh man yes!! First plant was 7 g and small!! This one I just grew is night and day. I’ve grown 3 plants of the same strain. Same order. Not one has been the same! Not even close. Mind blowing.

1 Like

You will LOVE that light man!! Thing is epic. Changed my grows tremendously. Started with that blurple because I didn’t know any better. I do now and oh man do my girls appreciate it as do I!

My neighbor let me borrow his light. It’s got a lot more red in it which is fine cuz they’re both on flower now. It’s just like mine though in the fact it is still narrow.

1 Like

You’re gonna blown away by your new light. Plants will explode!!! Mark my words! Can’t wait to see it hooked up brother

This will change the amount of foilage. You see.

Before judging your plant by someone elses, look into their equipment.

Phenotyoes vary, especially with autos. Training will help you keep them all around the same height.

2 Likes

Well the one constant things I see that others have is a good light. The one I have is like 12”x12” it doesn’t cover shit! I got two plants and half of each isn’t in direct light. Saw the GB 480 is like 26”x19” so THATS what I’m looking for lol.

It’s just gotta be the light at this point. I corrected the watering problems, environment is good, made sure to turn light intensity up sooner and get it closer but it still seems weak. We will see!

3 Likes

Just hang your light high and turn her up. If heat isn’t issue where you’re at. Just make sure your dli is on point

Have I shared the DLI chart I use with you?

The goal Ive heard so many time is a gram per watt of light

It is. Long branches without many offshoots and spaced far apart is a classic sign of weak light.
The GB will set you right. :v:

2 Likes

It’ll be here this week! Can’t wait

2 Likes

This is almost exactly what I got on my last grow, I was psyched about it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Docnraq

Just wondering what’s going on here. The really tall one is only like a week and a couple days behind the shorter one. But her buds look no where near as developed as the one who’s a little older. Just worried something’s up or maybe she’s just gonna take a while longer. Thoughts?

1 Like

@Graysin anythoughts on that subject? Just wondering what’s happening here lol

1 Like

The only two plants that would come turn out “the same” are clones and even that isnt guaranteed indentical. Some plants even of the same strain just move slower or faster or bigger or smaller. This is why many growers will keep a mother plant going. The consistancy is more assured then from seed.

2 Likes

Different plants, different phenotypes, or a combination thereof. Doc said it best, clones are the only way to have “the same” plant every time.

3 Likes

I mean that makes sense it’s just crazy to see how much taller this thing got lol. I hung that red light ~18 inches away from both of them. Now the younger one is just about touching the light and the other is the same.

But good news! MY GB LIGHT IS GONNA BE HERE TODAY! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes