First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

True true. Also gonna hold off on feeding this week then even though it’s at 5 weeks. I know soil is good for 4 but like you’ve said let runoff speak for itself. Also gonna hold off on that first flush I think, she looks really good and no nutes have been added.

1 Like

One other thing is the older one is a lot taller than the younger one. So I’ve been having to move the light up which worries me that the young one isn’t getting good light. I got it on 100% but it’s a difference of ~5-6 inches From the top of the older one to the light compared to the younger one.

Elevate the smaller plant.

3 Likes

I’m gonna need a full blown side table to put it on lol the older one is just taking off on me

1 Like

5 gallon buckets are pretty tall.

2 Likes

Didn’t even think of that lol. But I just got some more runoff and I’m not sure what to think. Ph is still very high and tds is too like 1450. It’s like 5-6 weeks old and I’m afraid to add nutes even though I should be at this point. Maybe I should do that flush? Idk I’m just confused at the moment. Put a gallon in got 3 cups out too

1 Like

If your concerned, flush away.

1 Like

Figured out why my ph reading is so high. The meter lost calibration for sure cuz I added nutes to the water and it still was telling me it was above 9ph. I’m a little pissed cuz who knows what I’ve been putting in as far as ph level. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Get an apera ph pen, only had to calibrate once in 2 years.

1 Like

I am in the habit of testing mine in one of the calibration solutions before using it every time and calibrate every time I see it vary by more than 0.2. Good luck bro.

1 Like

I got the 20 and I love that thing!!! Hasn’t let me down yet. Had it about 4 months

2 Likes

So when’s a good time to lollipop these things? I got one that’s in week 6 I believe. It’s stretching up and showing signs of flower.

2 Likes

Do you have pics of whole plant?

1 Like

For an auto, do it in the 2nd week of flower.

For a photo, my experience is limited. Ive only got the current run Im on. In this run I have been lollipoping as I go before the flip. And ill clear any additional during the 2nd week of flower. My intention, for either type, is to not stress the plant during the transition leading up to bud development and during initial bud development. My thinking is that a happy plant will priduce larger buds in a safe, healthy and stress free environment. As soon as you start cutting branches and nodes the plant reacts to that stress by producing trichomes to prevent further munching (what I assume a plant “thinks” is varmit eating it, when you prune)

@Jonesy287 @Docnraq

Probably a shitty picture but that’s the one I’m talking about. It’s 6 weeks old. It’s jammed into the other one because my light is a Fischer price light. They definitely responded well to me putting properly ph’d water in them

2 Likes

Has she stretched much at this point or has uoward growth slowed again. Auotflower right?

1 Like

Yes autoflower and no still growing grew 2 inches in 2 days

1 Like

Id wait it out then until stretch is over then lolly.

1 Like

So how much do I want to cut off when lollipopping them? I know it’s like the bottom third of the plant but do you actually cut off like a whole branch or just the little bud sites on the lower branches? I cut off the little bud sites and some lower fan leaves but I don’t wanna chop a whole branch off if I shouldn’t have lol

1 Like

Keep the branch lose the budsights. Like this essentially

2 Likes