First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

Yucca extract, I hear. It is a wetting agent, helps cure hydrophobic mediums.

1 Like

@Docnraq looks a lot better than last time at 3 weeks :+1:

2 Likes

Right on! Each grow will get better and better as you master each phase of the growth cycles. Good work brother.

2 Likes

Looking great bro!!:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Just wanted to ask if this one is looking ok? It’s a week behind the other one so it just turned 2 weeks old. Looks like it’s growing new leaves but the ones that are already there look off. I’m thinking it was because I had the light intensity too high for a day but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Looks like nute burn a bit. New growth looks ok. Dont expect plants to grow at the same rate, even when they are the same strain. Gonna do what they do. Im sure light intensity isnt the issue because she looks a lil stretched out. Im not feeling well today so lets grab @Graysin attn see if she cant help.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that man! Just got over something myself. And nute burn would be weird considering it’s the same soil setup as last time. I only say light burn because my big one had the same thing happen. I turned the light intensity down and the nice deep green color has returned. The edges are still yellow on some of them but new growth looks great.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s very likely exactly what you’re seeing. Light burn can look like a lot of things, I’m betting it’s a yellowing due to high intensity of the light increasing the plant’s nutrient demand (high intensity LED lights certainly increase demand).

I would advise to be very cautious not to overwater or water the base of the plant directly, as part of those crisp leaf edges can sometimes be exacerbated by bad watering practices. I know we’ve already had “the talk” about watering, I just want to make sure it’s reiterated because I personally am guilty of readopting bad watering habits. Even a year and a half later, I still want to treat them like other house plants from time to time.

Thanks for the tag btw @Docnraq :v::100:

3 Likes

I figure it will be ok now that I corrected the light but just wanted some reassurance I guess lol. And I have been watering them in a ring away from the base of the plant by a few inches. I’ve been increasing the water every time and things look good!

Just for reference the bigger one is a week and two days older than the smaller one. I feel like it will really pop this week kinda like the other one did.

3 Likes

Yep, absolutely. I think you’re 100% on the right course. :v:

3 Likes

@Graysin @Docnraq @Jonesy287

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips! Things are going much better on this grow and it’s mostly because of the advice I received from you guys. Next step is the better light but even right now from proper watering to hanging distance on light and other things, it’s going so much better!

The large one is a month old and the smaller one about 3 weeks old. Last time they looked no where near this developed at this point. Can’t wait to see the yield!

5 Likes

For my part, you are most welcome. They look VERY happy! Excellent work!

4 Likes

Everything I said I learned from these two great people @Graysin @Docnraq just trying to pay it forward! We all want each other to be successful. Your plants look amazing buddy. Keep doing what you’re doing. It’s working

2 Likes

Let it straighten itself out unless it gets really bad. If you brace it, the plant won’t need to send hormones to strengthen the trunk.

@Docnraq i got an opinion question. As you know after week 4 there’s a flush that is suggested by Fox farms. If I’m not adding any nutes for the first month do I really need to flush at this time? I plan on doing the other two for sure but those make more sense because I’ll be adding stuff to the soil. What do you think?

1 Like

I agree with you. However, Id let the runoff speak for any need. If you happen to be running off at 5.8ph, for example, Id flush regardless of input or not.

1 Like

Ok makes sense. I’m going to water my older one today with like a gallon. Get some readings off that

1 Like

Can’t get over how much better they look at this age than last time! Already got some hairs forming on the big one at 5 weeks. Can’t wait to see the stretch lol

1 Like

@Docnraq so I got some runoff from watering the older one and I’m confused by what I saw. Saw ph is over 7 but the Ppm was over 1500. Anytime I saw that ph was much lower. She looks happy as can be and grew like 7 inches in the last week week and a half. Thoughts?

1 Like

Things are moving along smashingly. Ph is a little high for runoff but it isnt terrable and better then too low.

1 Like