First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

We all do at first. It doesn’t seem like much :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I’ll tell you how I water my littles, and you can take it for what it’s worth for your own grow style.

Seedlings in a 2.5 gallon container get as much water as it takes to fully saturate the medium. I’m talking from Day 1 above ground. For me, that’s about 1/4 of a gallon of water before I get runoff. I water again only when the pot is light.

The common misconception is about what overwatering really is. “Overwatering” is not “too much water all at once.” It is “water much too frequently.” I would rather give my plant 16 ounces of water once every 5 days than give it 4 ounces of water once every 2 days. The latter translates to me as a higher potential for overwatering.

That said, Doc is a smart dude and I trust him fully to grow outstanding weed. So if our advice is conflicting, just know that they’re both fine answers. I grow lazy - so I would rather do more at once and not have to revisit it for a few days. Many growers share my lazy approach, but I think many more than that prefer the hands-on approach. :100:

4 Likes

And there really isn’t just one way to grow either. Every one has their own methods. I just like to ease in for the first week then like I said I’ll double the amount every time after the first week. So my first sprout just got 8oz next time it will get 16 then a quart then half gallon. You get the idea lol.

Kinda just experimenting at this point too

4 Likes

I plant mine straight into 5 gallon fabric pots …what I have done is took a solo cup and made an impression where I want the seed and fill that with soil/medium that isn’t hot …by the time the roots out grow that safer dirt it’s fine …I also take a clear solo and spray the inside with water and cover where I planted it …

Not saying it’s right but it’s worked for me …

3 Likes

Thats how I do it also.

2 Likes

This often what I do after planting.
To share, Ive found that removing the rounded edge, the lip, of the clear cup allows me to push it into the soil a little. This creates a soft seal of the dome keeps more moisture inside. When I don’t do this, I end up misting the cup multiple times a day because all the moisture is dry from the sides.

3 Likes

Thank you, your words are kind.

3 Likes

I also done them for the first couple weeks and most that. After two weeks I pull the cup cuz it will touch the edge of the cup by then. I have a fan gently blowing on the top of it too now since the dome is off.

I also just use the FFOF soil right from the start and didn’t have any problems last time other than user error. The buds I got from them are so tasty and smell amazing too. Nice berry smell and taste :drooling_face:.

2 Likes

Also thanks guys for being so awesome. I know I asks. Lot of questions and you guys have helped me a lot. This is a great little community here for sure

4 Likes

Im sure I speak for all of us, you are most welcome.
Also, ask away.

2 Likes

DITTO!! @Docnraq

2 Likes

Agreed …I’m still very much a noob myself but I am in such great company and the help around here is always so top notch …if I don’t know something I’ll be the first to say it ,and also admit when I’m wrong lol which is often hahah

1 Like

Bitter sweet day
Was trying to wait a bit longer but unforeseen circumstances I had to take ‘em out …they were definitely ready for my tastes I believe I have a hood variety of ripeness between the 4

2 Likes

Very nice! That’s what I’m going for lol can’t wait to upgrade the light I have

2 Likes

that’s what I would do Buddy.

1 Like

I just ordered a 240 today! Stoked for it to get here. Got the holiday deal they were running for 159

2 Likes

Sweet! $25 off. You won’t be sorry bro!! Gonna change your grows drastically!!

I’ve been fairly successful with a couple 100w Linqool china lights and I’m going to use them for vegging now. Flowering plants will get the better light

Here is what I’ve got going under them now my seeds got mixed up so I’m not 100% but Im pretty sure theyre LA kush cakes

1 Like

It just sucks how small it is. Because the pots are on the bigger side I can’t get more than one plant directly underneath it and it makes them grow crooked usually. I just want to be able to have more than 2 at a time going. I’ll keep it around to germinate new seeds in the future though

2 Likes

The other thing I’ve run into this time is hydrophobic soil too. I had water just pool up on top today when I watered one of them, had to poke a hole with a toothpick to get it to drain down. I’m gonna keep misting it to keep the top damp to reduce that happening

2 Likes

Might need to get you some perlite it sounds like. Soil needs to be able to aerate. Might look into the felt pots. They hlet your roots breathe and the water evaporate so there is a wet and gonna have lockout, root rot and things none of us want.

1 Like