First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

Oh yeah a 240w would be a good start. She’s bright as all get out!

Got any tips on how to make one of my sprouts stay still? Idk why but all of a sudden it’s flopping all around in the dirt like it won’t stay straight up and down I find it leaning all the time even though I put a paper clip in the there to try and hold it up. I just found it leaning again and idk how else to get it to stay

1 Like

Just thought of a way to keep the younger sprouts I got from getting too much light. If I push those pots out of the directly light so that’s it’s not as intense is that something that might work? Or will they try to stretch to the light and grow all sideways?

Just trying to come up with something because two of them I have are a full week and a half behind the big one like I said last night. When I germinated them I pushed them to the corners of the tent out of the light and they popped up two days later so that worked.

1 Like

Put like a skewer in there. Chop stick. Then just hold it to it with a bread tie or some loosely. You have air flow directly on it but to where it’s fluttering just a little. Strengthen up the stem a bit

Just keep light on them but keep it dimmer. Just like 15-20%. Use the DLI app at get it there. Use a stand to raise and lower your younger plants. Take the time off

Time=dome

Take dome off. Might be too wet and not enough dry cycle. Mainly just need high humidity. It’ll take off for you. I’m willing to bet on that. Just need to correct your conditions. No nutrients yet. Let her just go and keep medium a little damp. Start watering a few inches from the base of the stem and force those roots to grow out in search for water. Once they establish some roots it’ll start focusing energy above the soil and and watch it explode. Best of luck bro​:call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2: this is just what worked for me on these two I have in my tent now. Had similar issues.

@Docnraq @Jonesy287

So I took the dome off this one as it’s 2 weeks old and this is happening. I got a humidifier running full blast and I’m seeing it’s 62% RH in here. Thought that would be ok? Need help!

1 Like

Leave the dome off, let her acclimate. She’s used to 80+% humidity inside the dome. She should sort herself out as she grows.

Or it’s just weak genetics. If that’s the case, better to find out now instead of wasting a bunch of time on her for her to not make it to flower anyway.

2 Likes

I definitely think she’s gonna take off like mine did. But like @graysin said better to find out now. Just don’t give up on her like I said until she is dead dead. She looks better to me. She’ll surprise you. I’m in this with you buddy. I only have a grow under my belt but I learned ALOT my first go. I won’t ever tell you an answer without me being 100% about it. We’re here to help each other achieve success. If I can’t help I know plenty in here that I can tag and we’ll find the answer​:call_me_hand:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Good to see she’s standing tall for you! She’ll strengthen up her stem. She’s establishing everything below the soil right now. Just don’t water right at the base. Water a couple inches outside the spread of the leaves and make her search for way in a sense. Tricking her into growing bigger roots that way your above ground will become vigorous!! You got this growmie. Just don’t overthink it, but by all means ask every question you need an answer to. No matter how stupid you think it is. ASK IT

Well the last seeds I used were from the same order and those survived overwatering and under lighting in the beginning and I still got a couple ounces I’d say. The nugs break out like crazy!

She’s getting used to it, leaves have straightened out mostly but my problem is even with a 2.5 gallon humidifier running full blast it’s only getting to 55-60% humidity. It’s so dry where I live now and it’s also 11 degrees out right now so keeping the room warm is also a challenge right now. :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:t3:

These are after curing for about 3 weeks. They have such an amazing smell as soon as you open the jar! Some smell like blueberries and some smell like oranges. Really great head high from the blue dream!

2 Likes

I’d worry more about the heat than the humidity. I don’t stress my RH, it slows growth a bit to not have the VPD in ideal parameters but the plant doesn’t really care all that much. It’s just a matter of having a “good” grow versus an award winning grow. Mine are always on the “good” spectrum.

1 Like

I hear ya. I have my heat in the apartment at like 70 but it’s an old building, have drafty windows. Used plastic wrap on them but I’m sure I’m still losing heat somewhere.

1 Like

Hey do you usually grow autos or photo plants? Just curious

1 Like

Both. I have a round of autos now along with a round of photos right behind em on 12/12

Nice I want to try my hand at photos sometime when I have more space. Quick question, my big sprout got a little cooked when I turned the light up yesterday. Thought it could handle it but I was wrong cuz the tips on some of the leaves break off and look brown. I turned the light back down to 75% (my light only has settings of 25 50 75 and 100) should it be ok? I can’t undo what’s been done I know that but I’m just hoping it keeps going and gets better. It’s growing it’s second set of leaves right now so it’s been doing good so far

1 Like

I use this

They’ll be fine, just leave everything as it is and lower the light intensity. Try 75% but monitor closely to see if the burn spreads.

I have most definitely burnt my share of plants by letting them hug my lights. Not a big deal if you catch it and lower intensity to compensate

3 Likes

I did just that and turned it down. It was only up that high for a day and started to cook them glad I caught it.

And yes I have that chart too but my biggest problem right now is my little Fischer price fuckin light I got. It doesn’t have nearly enough coverage for the three I have going right now. No matter what I do they start growing crooked towards the center of the light. That’s my next purchase is a light worth a fuck lol

1 Like