First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

I’ve read that when they are mostly cloudy and maybe a little amber is the time to cut them. But for now they all look clear. Another couple weeks I’m betting as they are coming up on week 11 now

2 Likes

When they start to turn, they turn quick.

1 Like

The best way to measure is to start a timer at when flowering begins. At that point its 8-10+ weeks.
Ive read threads where an auto took 17 weeks start to finish.

1 Like

When’s a good time to stop feeding these guys or does it matter? I’ve always heard you wanna run just water through them at the very end to flush out excess nutrients. I’m due for a flush today on the bigger one (today is the start of week 11)

I just want them to taste as good as they look!

The picture doesn’t do this one justice. Those buds are faaaaaaaat. Smell incredible too

4 Likes

@Newt @Graysin any words of wisdom? Lol

1 Like

I don’t think it matters. I feed and water til harvest day. Not exactly wisdom, just how I operate.

1 Like

Have you had issues with the taste of the bud? That’s what I’m trying to avoid is harsh smoke. I know the curing process has a big part in that as well

No complaints at all.

A slow dry and a long cure in Grove Bags Will go the longest way in terms of creating a smooth smoke. Pre-harvest flush ain’t gonna be what makes or breaks it imho

It depends on what im looking for as far as trichomes. Takes about a week to 10 days of straight water to “flush” out the stored nutes. That being said if I want amber trichomes I wait until the trichomes are all cloudy to begin the flushing if I desire no amber I start when the trichomes are 50/50 cloudy & clear. There are always opposing views on doing this but no one way is right ir wrong. Ive found that the doing this shortens the cure time, this is why I do it.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me. But the question is, with blue dream in particular, when is the best time to cut them? I’ve heard depending on strain you want different levels of trichombs for that plant. Like one is better when they are cloudy or one is better to wait till amber.

Just wanna harvest at peak time!

1 Like

IMO-
Indica and deep Indica hybrids should be harvested at 20% amber

50/50 hybrids can go either way

Sativas and deep Sativa hybrids should be harvested at cloudy with no amber

My opinion is based on this-
Effects of smoking cannabis come from the thc combined with the other cannabinoids and terpenes in the entourage effect. This tells me that to get the most from the specific strain you have grown you need to harvest it with those effects in mind. Sativas, often considerd an energetic high, would not bennifit from the addtl cbn and cbg given by amber trichomes. Indicas often associated with narcotic highs need amber trichomes to have that effect. Does that make sense?

4 Likes

Makes perfect sense! Thanks! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Looks like I’m gonna be harvesting soon! Took a look through a loupe and got some amber on the sugar leaves and it’s about 50 50 milky clear on the buds.

They feel like they are going to need water soon, like tonight or tomorrow. Should I even bother at this point? I’m thinking by the weekend I’ll be cutting them

1 Like

Keep watering. Better to have em hydrated then not. Worse case is an extra day in the dry tent

3 Likes

Actually might be harvesting sooner. Got a little more practice with the loupe and I actually see a lot more milky than clear. Probably more like 70/30 those loupes are a pain in the ass at first can’t see shit unless it’s just right

4 Likes

Had to cut one tonight, the little one was falling over and ripping itself up the buds were so heavy lol. Would’ve liked to have gotten a few more days at least but I got one more.

4 Likes

I cant wait to have my hand at blue dream everybody gettin there weight up with that strain!!!

1 Like

They say high yields! I can’t wait either! Next run in a few weeks once these finish up. Mine are from fastbuds. Yours?

Heres my girl right here at 32 days above soil shes sour diesel supplied by ilgm!!!:100::100::100::100:

1 Like

@Jonesy287 i been doin lst on her since she was young been training her in a circle around my pot and opened her up all the lower bud sites exploded un growth

1 Like