First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

I just got plant saucers wider then my pot. And a stainless steel cookie rack.

1 Like

One other thing I was wondering about was if and when I should defoliate the bigger one. It has a lot going on and don’t want nutes going to the wrong places

1 Like

10 weeks in? I wouldnt change anything now. In the future, the 2nd week of flowering is the best time to do this. You wanna defoliate and lollipop after the buds are developed.

Good to know. It’s a learning curve for sure! So today the little one needs water, one of its fab leaves is turning a bit yellow so it sounds like at this stage to really get the tds up there

Decided to defoliate this one a little and holy shit did it have a lot of leaves! Will definitely have to do this earlier on next time

1 Like

Looks good. In your future grows you can push your soil tds up into 14-1600ppm after veg. The plant will tell you what she can take. I feed until the tips burn at the onset of flowering and then dial it back a little. My thoughts on this are that I want to have just over what she can eat so that should she choose to gorge herself, she can.

1 Like

Ok I think that’s where I went wrong. I wasn’t pushing it up enough. Makes sense she would eat more now this late into flower. All good knowledge heading into next grow

1 Like

When the end is near, she will slow down on both consumption of nute and overall amount of liquid consumed.

1 Like

Cool. Will adjust feedings until then to be a little stronger to get the tds up

1 Like

Quick question, if I water the plants then leave them be then come back a couple hours later can I water them again?

Tds was still low on the one I was feeding but I had to go to a dinner date lol. Wanna make sure it gets up there only got it to ~1100

1 Like

I wouldnt, its stressful on them. If it was an emergency kinda thing like you flushed and forgot to feed then yeah, but they will be ok with that for sure, until next time.

1 Like

Alright so just get it up higher next time. It’s usually lite in like 2 days or so

1 Like

Yeah id totally feed next time!

Have you been tracking their consumption?

Yes I’ve been keeping tabs on each watering and how much feed I use what the ph is all of it. I’m still dialing it in that’s for sure.

I feel like I’m behind the ball with the nutes right now because I didn’t account for the increased consumption. But next time I’ll know that at this point you can make the feed pretty strong.

What I mean is, the tds of your runoff. Say your runoff after a feed is 1300ppm then, three days later, at the next watering the runoff is 900. You can deduce that your plant is eating about 133 ppm a day (1300-900=400÷ by 3(days)= 133.33333 per day) You can use this information to decide how strong of a feed to give. This will help you to maintain at least 1000 ppm in soil, all the time. It will also tell you if she is eating more (which is usually during veg and early flower) or suddenly less (which is usually towards the later part of flowering, or an early sign of lockout as well.)
Did that make sense? Im very stoned on some tester buds from Amelia.

Not necessarily, if you were behind the ball she would be consuming leaves left and right. Id say you have been giving her just enough, but not pushing her. Which isnt bad either, healthy is healthy. To set your mind at ease she looks fantastic. Pushing her to grow is something you CAN do not something you must do.

2 Likes

Lmao that was awesome. I appreciate it man I’m so excited to try it and get another grow going! I’m just looking to maximize yield that’s all. I’m going to get the light you had suggested, that will help for sure.

@Docnraq you are an awesome teacher of herb!!! I take what you teach to heart also! Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey so I was thinking, I’ll be harvesting these I’m thinking first or second week of December. When would be the best time to harvest? I’m able to check the trichombs out and they are still clear.

Does it depend on the strain or with autoflowers is it just ~12 weeks from seed to harvest no matter what?

1 Like

It really depends on your preference. The only thing that is universal is you dont want to harvest before they are cloudy.

No plant is scheduled like that. She is done when the trichomes are done, 8 weeks 10 weeks 17 weeks, its up to her.

2 Likes