First time grow, auto with led help please forts and ideas

Hi this is my first time grow, got it all set up, not started to germinate seeds as of yet, right my tent is 160x75x75, I’m using a viparspectra 450w(set up 30 inches from pot) , I have a carbon filter out take with a smart meter(temp probe) little fan and invested in a fan heater(not 100 percent sure where to attach this as of yet and if its needed) I live in the UK so cold climate, right I’m using 11l fabric pots, I’m planning on growing 3 for first time which are fast buds purple lemonade, biobizz light mix soil and all the nutritions but only on planning using bloom and grow with the bio bizz schedule starting from 3rd week, planning on temp about 27, humidty on veg about 40/70% and 25/40% flower, I have dehumidifiers just in case, iv got 3 in one tester for soil(light, moist, ph) and ph meter for water (ph. 6/6.5) not 100 percent sure on light schedule some say 24 hour some say 18/6, or 20/4 think with me been in a cold climate too its somthing to think about when it’s up and running, I’m going to put my soil on pots when germinate seeds I’m going to try the paper towel trick with 2 plates, and stick it in boiler room, err carnt really think of out else but if you can give me your forts tips ect, ps oh I’m going to trt lst using scrog I have the net too, been told when it’s like 2 3 inches or when it starts growing arms to put the net over it making sure can still water ect, and watering been told to wait till tops dry so bottom still should be moist then give it a water till water starts coming out

1 Like

Welcome, 18/6 light schedule is recommended.

This depends on the age of your plants.

2 Likes

Thank you I shall do that then Iv got a little heater anyways as its only going to get colder, so I’ll have to figure it out so it keeps temps right when light goes out thank you, yeah as a seed I think it’s okay as soil is moist when fresh anywys and hand spray them till they grow abit I think, iv just put soil in pots and im doing the water trick to germinate iv wrapped it up so it’s dark and put it under a heat mat (20.c) till sinks and going to stick it in a paper towel fingers crossed it works :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Isit best to flush the soil out first and let it dry out before seeding when root is out or with it been already moist would you just go for it?

1 Like

I don’t recommend flushing, just adequately moist, then plant.

1 Like

Great thank you, you know on a soil meter how moist should the soil be? Would I be okay with the schedule starting week 3 just bloom and grow? Thinking maybe 1ml root juice 1sr week, what do you think

1 Like

Very inaccurate. I use my finger, second knuckle. As long as you feel moisture you’re fine.
Can you post a picture of your plants? Just for clarification, and no mistake of guesswork.

Oh okay no worries, I don’t have any yet, I’m germinateing my seeds with the water and paper towel way

1 Like

Just trying to make sure I know and what iv said above sounds okay, like the 1st message on what I’m going to do, like I say started today by germamating and putting soil in pots, iv had a go with the tent and set up working out how to get humidty and temp right which fingers crossed I have, so at the moment iv turned it all of till the seed cracks open, when seeds has established I shall put pics on and keep it updated

1 Like

Okay sounds good.

Right seed has cracked within 24 hr little root coming through, iv put it in the soil with root down :crossed_fingers:about 1.5cm deep maybe 2, the soil didn’t feel as moist as yesterday so I give it a squirt around the edges with abit of shoot in the spray bottle, it’s abit humid cause just sprayed but hopefully will settle soon iv opened the flaps fans are on

1 Like

Wheres best way to get an accurate reading of humidty? Would you put it on top of soil?

I would suspend it just abound the soil. About 6”. You could suspend yours in the middle of all the pots.

When they get older, you’re watching canopy temps. Adjust accordingly.

Great thank you its pretty warm here today so struggling with humidty abit got some dehumidifiers on way though so should help abit, at that stage what humidity would you recommend please, when I watered pots earlier to its got pretty dry again to me, would you mist it on the surface or give it a little water around the edges? Sorry to be a pain the joys of a beginner :joy: I do appreciate your help and time though :ok_hand::+1:

I will keep a watch love to see how they turn out never heard of that strain before

@Covertgrower will give u some of the best advise u could get trust me if u check out his journal u will see man there’s alot of ppl here who love to help so feel free to ask anything and just tag the person or ppl u want to ask welcome to the community brother

1 Like

This may sound weird. What I do is put a clear cup over the seedling, and I water the outside of the cup, along the edge if it’s dry. Watering once should maintain enough humidity and moisture in the soil until it sprouts.

Don’t be expecting mircles :joy::joy::joy: great cheers bud I shall give it ago

1 Like

Best of luck and happy growing. Tag me anytime. I always stop by. :seedling:
Even if you don’t tag me, I’ll be lurking.

1 Like

That is an awesome idea never thought of that every day I’m learning something thanks I will use that advice also

2 Likes